Why did it take green day a short amount of time to write the trilogy?

Punkfreak1414

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're an idiot. Your mother must hate you...and she must hate herself for making a person stupid enough not to appreciate the rock and roll orgasm that is the Trilogy.

I'll be a little more blunt this time:

Knock it the fuck off or get an all-expenses paid trip to another website for a day or so, because you won't be spending it on this one.

you're taking issue with green day fangirls and you're an elvis fan?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elvis was a huge part of the birth of rock and roll.

I'll be a little more blunt this time:

Knock it the fuck off or get an all-expenses paid trip to another website for a day or so, because you won't be spending it on this one.

He made me do it, teacher, I swear! He egged me on! He started it!

How about we get this thread back on topic now, huh?

Short amount of time needed to write the trilogy or GTFO.

Write the Trilogy...what? Trilogy. Like that?

Maybe he started doing meth again.

Gotta be like Billie. Gotta do meth so Billie will have my babies.

Walk Away and Carpe Diem was ment to be on C&V (correct me if i'm wrong), and Drama Queen was written around 21st CB era.

You are wrong

Please stop, you are severely lacking in the funny. And your liking of my comments is not even remotely ironic.

And the trilogy is shit. Only explanation.

Calling the Trilogy shit offends me. Mod, please ban Lady Nightlife.

But in all honestly, that statement is called an absolute. And you just said a few minutes ago that everyone's opinion deserves respect and is right. Hypocrite. Good luck to your husband someday. Sheesh.

You are wrong

Not about Walk Away? Didn't Mike confirm that during an interview?

Also Drama Queen was played in 09/10

We don't ban people for calling Green Day/'s music shit. But please, everyone calm down.

Calling the Trilogy shit offends me. Mod, please ban Lady Nightlife.

But in all honestly, that statement is called an absolute. And you just said a few minutes ago that everyone's opinion deserves respect and is right. Hypocrite. Good luck to your husband someday. Sheesh.

Being "offended" is a bullshit card to play. That statement is borderline fucking spam unto itself. If you have a problem with something another user says, click that pretty little report button at the bottom-left of the post. It's not just window dressing.

This thread is to the point where warnings will be handed down. I suggest you (the general, everyone "you") stop and re-read your post before submitting it, because no further spam/stupidity will be tolerated. If you're not here to discuss the topic of the thread, you're here for the wrong reasons and need to find someplace else to play.

Not about Walk Away? Didn't Mike confirm that during an interview?

Also Drama Queen was played in 09/10

Theres a song called Walk Away that was meant to be c&v as Mike said in a 2010 interview but we have no evidence that Walk Away is the same as the trilogy's Walk Away could be different songs

Theres a song called Walk Away that was meant to be c&v as Mike said in a 2010 interview but we have no evidence that Walk Away is the same as the trilogy's Walk Away could be different songs

The chances are big though..

y'all are seriously just so facepalm worthy right now. mostly towards ceadagh & kay. my god. dookielukie is doing themselves NO favours but guys seriously you're meant to be grownups and right now i just wanna slap you silly.

the trilogy has songs from previous albums that never got released, plus Billie &n Co weren't writing to please the masses with the trilogy, they were writing to please themselves so it was a lot easier to do. it was their 'fuck you we're doing it our way' albums, if you will. and i respect & admire that they had the balls to do that. it's not a fan favourite, no, but to me they're some crackin' albums.

now please, one and all, crawl back into your pits of hatred.

The chances are big though..

Considering Walk Away has 2012 copyright on it's publishing info I tend to believe it's a new song

y'all are seriously just so facepalm worthy right now. mostly towards ceadagh & kay. my god. dookielukie is doing themselves NO favours but guys seriously you're meant to be grownups and right now i just wanna slap you silly.

the trilogy has songs from previous albums that never got released, plus Billie &n Co weren't writing to please the masses with the trilogy, they were writing to please themselves so it was a lot easier to do. it was their 'fuck you we're doing it our way' albums, if you will. and i respect & admire that they had the balls to do that. it's not a fan favourite, no, but to me they're some crackin' albums.

now please, one and all, crawl back into your pits of hatred.

Yes! All of this. Let me give you a hug! :hug:

Yes! All of this. Let me give you a hug! :hug:

i luv u :hug: but seriously, GD shouldn't have to write for the fans every time, they should be allowed to write what they want without people saying they've 'lost it'. they're amazingly talented men and hold the right to create whatever the hell they want as it's, funnily enough, THEIR BAND.

whatever i am angry and very passionate about the trilogy as it tis my baby and i love it.

Ceri, I love you a hundreds times more now...that needed to be said.

* likes ur post 10 times but gdc is stupid and won't do it *

So sweeties, get back to the freaking topic or as ben said gtfo. Thank you very much.

Ceri, I love you a hundreds times more now...that needed to be said.

* likes ur post 10 times but gdc is stupid and won't do it *

So sweeties, get back to the freaking topic or as ben said gtfo. Thank you very much.

i snuggle in your general direction :hug:

As a song writer I write a ton of songs a year or whatever. Just cause there's only 18 on 21st doesn't mean Billie only wrote 18 songs during the five years in between AI and 21st. The trilogy wasn't a story album or anything so they didn't really have to pick and choose carefully

Whilst in AI and 21st it seems they put alot of concentration into the words and meanings and really wanted for it to be 100% right. However the trillogy is much more relaxed, the songs are much more relaxed, they haven't concentrated on every little bit quite so much and just done what feels right and gone with the flow lyrics wise. Also my guess is that most of these songs were written before however due to the tone of AI and 21st they couldn't be released in those albums so were just kept aside.

That's my 2 cent. ;)

Green Day have ALWAYS teased with stuff they haven't made or recorded and didn't release.

If you watch this interview from 1993, Tre mentions American Idiot 11 years before it was made. Also Mike is horny for the interview girl.

Archived