Green Day concert at Dreamforce conference

Yojimbo

For anyone (especially fellow Europeans) who decided not to stay up and follow this gig thread because nothing much would happen and you'd browse though and catch up in the morning...haha fuckers you missed the excitement big time :lol::sleep:

we are already awake :P

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DRB hype is this: it switches between a ton of parts (rock opera), it's 8 minutes long, and that insane solo that everyone wants to see.

I just feel like it's intention while being written was to be epic, which makes it less epic. JOS did all that without trying, and more effectively at that.

I'll stop being a buzz kill now. :happy:

But in all seriousness, I do like the song and that solo is killer, but I just think there are better trilogy songs I'd like to hear live (Lazy Bone is one, although I doubt that'll ever happen), moreso than DRB.

The DRB hype is this: it switches between a ton of parts (rock opera), it's 8 minutes long, and that insane solo that everyone wants to see.

...there is no hype it's just a freaking great song damnit!! :lol:

we are already awake :P

...not you :lol: you've been here :lol: ...the "others" who aren't here and missed the last hour or so :lol:

For anyone (especially fellow Europeans) who decided not to stay up and follow this gig thread because nothing much would happen and you'd browse though and catch up in the morning...haha fuckers you missed the excitement big time :lol::sleep:

Exactly :D

(It's 8am here and I'm still up haha. Thanks GD :P )

Exactly :D

(I'm still up and it's 8am here. haha. Thanks GD :P )

We can be Green Day zombies together today uuuuggghhh

Ed Sullivan ‏@Ed_Sullivan 51s

all's well that ends well. thank you @GreenDay #df13
BZfyNDSCUAATwf2.jpg

Ed Sullivan ‏@Ed_Sullivan 51s

all's well that ends well. thank you @GreenDay #df13

BZfyNDSCUAATwf2.jpg

Aaaww, so is it over? :(

Leland Kim ‏@lelandkim 29s

Thank you, @GreenDay and @BlondieOfficial for a fantastic evening! #DF13

BZfy025CUAAMhtU.jpg

it is over.

Pretty much. Try the setlist on GDA, I've been updating it with the reports from this thread.

Song 9 on GDA says Holiday, it says Good Riddance on Setlist.fm. Can anyone confirm what is correct? the rest of the set is the same for both

Well this was interesting to wake up to! Sounds like it was a really unique and interesting show. I would also love to hear Angel Blue, damn them not playing it often enough :P

This concert proved again that Green Day are the best band in the world :wub: they kept playing although the rain fucked up their sound system and let Billie perform some acoustic songs and let the crowd sing along until the sound/amp/power problem was fixed.

I think I'm even more in love with the boys now :wub: :wub: (sorry if that sounded cheesy)

John Philip Vernon ‏@JPV8 48s

@GreenDay Amazing concert tonight!! Even with the equip issues! Can't wait 'til the next show!

BZf0HFYCIAAUNrj.jpg

Archived