Thoughts on Bohemian Rhapsody/previous intros

She is Amanda

I've been wondering what everyone's opinions have been on the band intros during this last tour. It started with Bohemian Rhapsody, then Blitzkrieg Bop, and then the Good the Bad and the Ugly. How does this compare to other years? Do you think they chose the right songs?

I think in the moment it all seemed really great. But now looking back, and also learning what they had done during the 21stCB tour, I think they could've chosen much better songs. Bohemian Rhapsody has always given me a regret vibe, and although the sing along was really fun I think it brought my mood down both times. Blitzkrieg Bop was a little too stereotypical and obvious, and yeah it pumped the crowd up, but like, it was just really predictable. My opinion on Good the bad the ugly is still mixed. I think those first 5 dates they did it fit but not when they started the arena shows.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bohemian Rhapsody is great, just to hear all the crowd singing gives you chills

Yeah, this. Though I have to admit that it worked way better in English speaking countrys.

Bohemian Rhapsody is probably my favourite of the intros. That song always gets me pumped and singing it with the rest of the audience was a great experience. :happy:

Blitzkrieg Bop is really fun too, though.

Bohemian Rhapsody is fantastic for the singalong, the atmosphere was awesome. I think I marginally preferred YMCA into Do You Remember Rock n Roll Radio and Song Of The Century though.

bohemian rhapsody is one of the all time great songs and most people know the lyrics.

Bohemian Rhapsody is fantastic for the singalong, the atmosphere was awesome. I think I marginally preferred YMCA into Do You Remember Rock n Roll Radio and Song Of The Century though.

totally agree

It was so frustrating to see that so many people didn't know the lyrics/didn't sing along for the Bohemian Rapsody at the show in Trieste =/ but it's a beautiful song and at other shows as at the Emirates I know the sing along was spectacular so I think it was a good choice! Plus everybody starts jumping and everything with Blitzkrieg Bop, it's awesooome.

I've never been to a 21stCB tour show though ( :( ) so I can't make a comparison.

BR is possibly the best choice they've made, especially in Britain. everyone knows the words, whether you're a fan of Queen or not and it gets the crowd more pumped than any support band ever could.

Song of the Century >>>>> The Good The Bad and the Ugly.

Everything else they've done this tour has been awesome as far as I'm concerned, though.

This. Nothing can beat the SOTC/21stCB combo. Fucking chills every time.

Unpopular opinion time : I don't like BR as a warm up.. I just think eurgh when it comes on.. I don't think it fits with GD at all. Yeah it's good to sing along to for 6 mins but doesn't get me in the mood for GD like Blitzkrieg Bop does! And Song of the Century was amazing as an opener, I got chills when I heard the familiar "radio tuning" noise!

What I really enjoyed about SOTC was that you could already hear Billie's voice and then you knew the waiting was over and they finally, finally were there.

I think doing Do You Remember Rock n Roll Radio? During the 21st CB tour was great. Whip It during the Nimrod tour didn't really do what The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly did this tour, it didn't build up to Green Day. Although See You Tonight would've worked great too, it builds up at the end and would roll right into 99 Revolutions

I've seen three tours/intros and I think that 21st Century Breakdown was easily the best of them. Rock'n'Roll Radio into SOTC and then 21st Century Breakdown was unreal.

Only noticed at Brixton last Wednesday that the bunny wasn't actually 'drunk' - wondering if this is something to do with Billie?

I think See you tonight would've been so much better, it fit the theme and it was actually a Green Day song.

I think See you tonight would've been so much better, it fit the theme and it was actually a Green Day song.

Interesting! Love that song, I'd say it could have worked really well as an intro :)

Still think they should have opened every show with Nuclear Family...99 Revolutions was great and all but Nuclear Family is so much better IMO.

Only noticed at Brixton last Wednesday that the bunny wasn't actually 'drunk' - wondering if this is something to do with Billie?

According to one of the security, backstage at Brixton was a "dry" zone. No alcohol of any description allowed.

According to one of the security, backstage at Brixton was a "dry" zone. No alcohol of any description allowed.

Because of those reasons?

Because of those reasons?

Most likely, can't think of any other reason, seeing how the bar was doing serious business during Frank Turner :lol:

Well, after the Emirates gig I think BR was a perfect intro! I will never forget that EPIC singalong :wub:

I thought Do You Remember Rock n Roll Radio into SOTC was a perfect combination on the last tour. The sudden silence leading into SOTC gave me shivers down my spine. See You Tonight would probably have a similar affect :)

Bohemian Rhapsody is AMAZING. it gives me chills to know that I've been part of TWO massive singalongs to that...

Bohemian Rhapsody is just perfect as an opener. I've been to the Emirates gig and I get goose bumps just for remembering hpw it felts to hear 60,000 people sing along to this song. You just can't describe this feeling. Okay, I guess that it isn't that spectacular in non English speaking countries (maybe that's why I went to London rather than to go to Rock am Ring) :)

And Blitzkrieg Bop is obligatory, there cannot be a Green Day concert without this song, it gets the crowd really pumped for the show.

Most likely, can't think of any other reason, seeing how the bar was doing serious business during Frank Turner :lol:

yeah, because it was only today when I was reading another thread and someone made reference to the drunk bunny, I suddenly thought 'wait, that bunny wasn't very drunk the other night...'

I did like BR, but I think it dragged on for too long, especially with the lull in the middle of the song...Rock'n'Roll Radio all the way!! :cool:

Bohemian Rhapsody provided one of the coolest pre-show concert moments ever! Both times I saw them, the entire crowd sang their lungs out... Though I know Chicago was the loudest.

Archived