Your favorite Green Day lyric

Fuzz

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The center of the earth is the end of the world

For what it's worth, it was worth all the while

(I know it is overused, but it is amazing)

I have to put
"'Cause I want to be the minority, I don't need your authority"

I have lived by that for years, well the whole song in fact.

Warding off regrets wasting your time.

Dookie is my favourite album for lyrics...but that one is my favourite. Its the perfect way to describe sitting around regretting stuff but not enough motivation to do anything about it.

• 11 months later...

I'm like always looking for THE ONE GREEN DAY QUOTE, but I just can't find it. :( I like the "why does my life have to be so small and death is forever....."- part of "one of my lies" or also jesus of suburbia has loaaaads of great quotes (they say home is where your heart is...., there is nothing worn with me... etc.) now I'm just wondering about your favorite green day song quotes..... let me know:))

My favourite is "time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go. So make the best of this test, and don´t ask why. It´s not a question, but a lesson learned in time."

Followed by "RaDaDaDaDe".

"Here's this flower, I've picked for all the hours, that you've spent with me"

And the entirety of Road to Acceptance

"Twiddle my thumbs just for a bit"

-longview♡

"Twiddle my thumbs just for a bit"

-longview♡

Sorry that came out twice??

And for some reason "tell me that I won´t feel a thing" from Novacaine. But I don´t know why this line touches me, I can´t connect it with my life.

I'm like always looking for THE ONE GREEN DAY QUOTE, but I just can't find it. :( I like the "why does my life have to be so small and death is forever....."- part of "one of my lies" or also jesus of suburbia has loaaaads of great quotes (they say home is where your heart is...., there is nothing worn with me... etc.) now I'm just wondering about your favorite green day song quotes..... let me know:))

This is an excellent choice of topic for discussion, and I'm glad you made a thread for it as it's started people off talking about it! However there's already a thread for talking about favourite Green Day lyrics, so I've merged your thread with it and the discussion can carry on here :)

It's true there's too many! This is the first one that pops in my mind at this moment that I really like though, "The first time I caught a glimpse of you, then all my thoughts were only of you"

christian's crying in the bathroom and i just wanna bum a cigarette.

Cold turkey's getting stale, tonight I'm eating crow.

I'm having trouble trying to sleep I'm counting sheep but running out.

Pressure cooker pick my brain and tell me I'm insane. I'm so fucking happy I could cry.

[All of King for a Day]

I'm in distress, oh mistress I confess so do it one more time these handcuffs are too tight well.

Black rose of death in my fist I clutch thorns shred my finger tips and drips toxic blood.

Clenching my teeth tight my head is like a sponge give it to me free.

Kiss the demons out of my dreams.

Class structure waving colors bleeding from my throat.

"Is there any cure for this disease someone called love? Not as long as there are girls like you."

It's so hard to pick just one of all the great lines they've written, but this one always gets me. It's just so wonderfully apathetic!

I've lived inside this mental cave

Throw my emotions in the grave

Hell, who needs them anyway

Archived