¡Trilogy! era has come to an end

ColinOr

Dookie and American Idiot were instantly popular with MTV though, whereas the trilogy has not been at all and Uno has been out for nearly a year now.

Dookie wasnt instantly popular with mtv tho took a few months

But im not sayin the trilogy getting huge is likely but it could be a Warning if promotion started up a bit

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dookie wasnt instantly popular with mtv tho took a few months

But im not sayin the trilogy getting huge is likely but it could be a Warning if promotion started up a bit

If they organized a decent way to market at least one single off of Tre maybe Missing You it's quite possible it could be a big hit.

The end of another era..........

First of all, i think this era makes me realize how much i love Green Day. I remember when Billie post that tweet saying they will release three albums, one of the best days of my life!

Since the beginning i thought this would be one of the best moments for Green Day, three albums, a possibly long tour, new and better videos, awards, tv appearences, etc. But then Billie's rehab happen and i have to say that when that happen i was so worry for them, cause i didn't know was gonna be their future, especially Billie's future, i was so scared. Those months were really hard for me :ermm:. But i'm so happy that everything turn out very good for them. Billie looks better than ever, they look very happy and more united as a band :happy:

As for the trilogy.. I LOVE THE TRILOGY!!! :wub: I think is one of the best things that Green Day ever did, the lyrics, the music, the look, everything was perfect for me! I know how much people hates Oh Love video, but for me it's one of my favorites!

It's sad to know this amazing work didn't have the promotion or sales that i was hoping for, but what it was more important for me (and i was worry for it) it was that this albums were a dissapointment, i'm glad that didn't happen! :happy:

What i find sad it's that México didn't have a tour (again!), i was sure this time they would come and finally i was gonna make my biggest dream come true, but i think the rehab situation had something to do with it, who knows, but at the same time i'm glad Billie got the help he nedded, his health and happines are more important than any tour or promotion.

This era was the most difficult for lots of Green Day fans, but i have to say, for me, this era it's one of my favorites, first of all cause i was since the beginning of it, and second, cause for all the things that happen, i realized how much i love this band with all my heart no matter what, in the good times and the bad times. I realized how much they affect my life in so many levels. And i really know this love is for life :wub:

So yeah, this era fucking rocks for me, bring it the next one Green Day, i'm sure it's gonna be amazing!!! :ga:

Sorry for the long post, i was inspired while i was listen to ¡Uno!

:blush: and sorry for the bad english :ninja:

Even though I don't think they need to do a Dookie tour in 2014 I think they should stop touring for now to rest and reflect. Then they should do a tour or whatever they have planned for 2014 but I think they deserve a little refresher

If they organized a decent way to market at least one single off of Tre maybe Missing You it's quite possible it could be a big hit.

Yep I think Missing You would be a great single

I think they´ll keep touring under the trilogy, but include ful dookie, or make a new tour. (Something else than 99 Revolutions)

I recall the Foo Fighters once saying they werent going to play again for a "long time" and then played again 2 months later.

I do believe Green Day when they say they're not coming back again for a while, the last two occasions when Billie Joe said that, he kept his word =/

But sure they didn't even come to Ireland either on this tour...which is crazy because they've been coming here as long as they've been coming to England. It's just the first leg of the tour that's finished, sure they have shows planned in Aus next Feb that will obviously include trilogy songs [well, some at least!]

If it really is over then I have to say, I'd feel a little bit embarrassed for the band. But the albums have been promoted terribly and the single choices have been awful.

Billie Joe said in a Rolling Stones interview that he wanted the next album to be an opera rock like AI and 21CB but more dirty punk rock. He said that the next album will be quite soon.

Maybe they're just keen to sweep this under the rug and move on. The only way to describe this era really is "unmitigated disaster". Too many albums, too many dire single choices, rehab, cancelled tour dates, no promotion, it's just a fucking mess. It's probably not something they're gonna look back on and say "yep, that went well".

I think the Trilogy era is only beginning! :D

its just the end of the first leg of the 99 revolutions tour. there is a possibility of another leg

it won't be the end of the trilogy era until the next album comes out

yup!

In my opinion it's not over, they've just announced the Australian tour and I think that while they're there the guys will do some dates in Japan and China. (These are just supposition, sure)
They're just having a break, and maybe to review the setlist.
Then I think they will do a second leg of the tour in North America and Europe after some dates in the South America ('cause they deserve it) with a completely new setlist.
I mean, no more Dookie 'cause now they have what they wanted (Material for a live dvd) and more songs off the trilogy.
Actually this is what I hope.
Ahah place your bets :D

I don't wanna think that trilogy era has come to an end. I love trilogy songs and excitement that was going on since they've announced it and whole thing tended to promise alot. I was really looking forward to all of the things connected with media that come with new material, not to mention 99 revolutions tour. Guys have said a few times that they had fun while creating all of it and that they can't wait for us to hear it and then Billie's rehab happened and after that, trilogy kinda fell in some kind of shadow.
Of course, the most important thing for guys is to stay healthy, but it's such a shame that troligy didn't get so far what it deserves. Lack of promotion, bad singles choices, not so many music videos.. All of it affected trilogy pretty much and created such a mess. If Billie finds certain trilogy songs hard to play, I would accept if they put all of this behind and start to preparing themselves for something new.
Or they will take some time and actually give trilogy second chance with this new Australian dates and then announce second leg and play Dirty Rotten Bastard and everybody will live happily ever after. Let's hope for that.

I'm not sure the trilogy era is over. I think they came up with the 99 revs tour setlist as a way of slowly introducing the new (and mostly un-promoted) songs whilst maintaining the big hits that casual fans expect to hear when they go and see them.

Now I hope they get a decent rest, plan their attack for promoting the trilogy a little bit more (maybe some singles or a live album) and crack on with the next tour in late 2013, or starting is Aus in 2014.

I have some really great memories of the trilogy era already. Some of the songs are amazing and the live shows I've seen have all been great.

Billie Joe said in a Rolling Stones interview that he wanted the next album to be an opera rock like AI and 21CB but more dirty punk rock. He said that the next album will be quite soon.

Mmm...no he didn't.

The era is far from over. They are coming to Australia and I am dying to see them (hoping they announce stadium and venue dates, please) so I believe that until I see them perform some of the trilogy songs live it isn't over.

In my opinion Dos! was my least favourite out of the three - don't like as many songs on it and just didn't connect as much as Uno! and Tre!

why people think that with the trilogy tour's end they will never play again trilogy songs live?

it's obvious that they will keep playing some songs live, even starting a new tour

If it turns out this era itself is over, methinks it has more to do with Billie wanting to put the whole thing truly behind him.

While I do think the band is glad to have toured after Billie's treatment, this wouldn't surprise me either. It would be a way to start fresh.

ultimately i don't have a lot of complaints about this era regarding the band themselves, but everything has just been...weird. i enjoy the trilogy a lot, and even though i'm not completely happy with the setlists i'm really just happy as long as i'm getting to see them at all. i know in a few years or whenever they come out with their next album, it's going to be really weird looking back on this era and everything that's gone on - as much as i love the albums themselves and as great as their shows on this tour have been, things have felt really empty in comparison to the ai and 21st century breakdown eras. no tv appearances, no interviews...it's just lacking in the usual excitement that always happens during the first year or two after after they release an album and it makes me sad. obviously everything that's gone wrong has been for a damn good reason, as billie's health is a lot more important than any tv appearance could ever be, it's just a bummer the way things have turned out. i really, really hope that they do end up doing a second leg of the tour that's NOT just for dookie's 20th anniversary next year. i'd really hate to see them give up on the trilogy as a whole even though at this point sales-wise there's nothing that can be done.

i don't know :( all of this just makes me sad. a year ago everything was so exciting waiting for the new albums. it's been a really weird time to be a green day fan.

UGH THIS. I had an amazing experience seeing them when I did and I'm so glad for that, but it has been a weird time, and not just because of iHeart and everything after that. All I can hope for is that they do continue to have the positive energy they have had this tour and learn from the mistakes of this era or this part of it (I know I still struggle to have the 2010 tour be the 21CB era, even though it totally was, so I'll probably consider this the end of the trilogy era anyway :lol:).

It's not over. They have to tour North America, Asia, aaaand some other places...

Hmmm. Nice topic.

Well, while I was following the band throughout the entire 21st CB era, I first connected to GDA before...3 days and heard Dos! and Tre!... yesterday :P While I saw the iHeart incident on FB and it helped to fully alienate me from the band for quite some time, this was like school holidays. Came too fast, was gone so fast. All in all, it was a "weird" era. And I believe that the band will look to this era(setlist-wise) just like the Warning one: They'll play the biggest hit and the fan favourite, and we'll still be left here to discuss when they will play DRB and Lazy Bones (a.k.a. the best songs from the trilogy)

But let's face it, this project(commercialy, at least) was condenmed from Day Uno!(pwn) There's no way the(rock)music industry can support 2 (much less 3) albums from a band, even as big as Green Day. And it was just like other double albums from big bands,(say... Stadium Arcadium by the Chili's) when they could make a solid album. Not bad, but not great. Solid.

"Weird" era, even if it hasn't even come to its middle yet, in my opinion.

I think that in the fall of this year are going to launch a compilation with the best songs of the trilogy, with a new sound and more promotion,

Why an UK tur and not an Europe tour?

Because they already have done a tour of most of europe

in that case the trilogy era is either very close to being over or it's already over

I have mixed feelings about it...in one sense I don't want the touring to be over because I haven't been able to make any of the UK shows so far, but on the other hand I'm keen to see this era come to an end so the band can move on to better things.

in that case the trilogy era is either very close to being over or it's already over

He did state he wouldnt mind doing another opera with a live sound but no where did he state it was soon

Archived