¡Trilogy! era has come to an end

ColinOr

As Leeds festival was the final date of the 99 Revolutions tour, it appeas that the ¡Trilogy! era is over. What are your thoughts on this era in retrospect?

I find it a real shame that the ¡Trilogy! promotion was sabotaged by Billie Joe's rehab, but to me, 2 of the 3 albums themselves were incredible. ¡Uno! is their worst album by a landslide in my opinion, however Stay The Night remains one of my favourite Green Day songs of all time. ¡Dos! and ¡Tré! were awesome, 2 of my all time favourite Green Day albums. I think they both had a really strong set of songs.

As for the tour, I think set-list wise and performance wise it was amazing. Less dates, bigger venues, every gig was a spectacle and the "uniform" was awesome, I loved Billie Joe's jumper and Tre's bass drum art. I saw them at Emirates Stadium and it was absolutely awesome, the ¡Trilogy! songs worked so well in the set and provided some of my favourite moments of the show.

Overall, I look back on the ¡Trilogy! as good times in my personal life, so the songs will always make me smile for the good times I've had. I feel nothing but happiness for the ¡Trilogy! and will treasure this era of Green Day. It may have been bad times for Green Day initially, but for the fans it was incredible to have THREE new albums that were mostly great. ¡Trilogy! era will be remembered fondly by me.

Let me know your thoughts on the era and let's look back.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the era isn't over quite yet! After a break, they still have to tour the shit out of North America (and other places!!!!) :happy:

What gave you the idea it's over? They've announced an aussie leg and they have yet to do a UK tour then they are doing second legs of all the places they have been and more so it's far from over

Edit: Nevermind it will be a different tour

I think this era is not OVER actually. You will never know what Billie or Tre really meant to say by their photos, short films or hashtags - we can only speculate. Even thought Billie said Leeds was "the last show for a long time" - what is his understanding of " a long time"? ;) There are no hints whether they are recording a new album ( it won't be good idea to do it so early imo) or just going to rest for a couple of weeks...Billie still has this musical he writes the songs for...and, well, 6 months of actually giving no sign of life - it doesn't look like this for me. They won't leave the Trilogy songs so...I don't know how to call it...abandoned...this is my wish actually, but who knows?

Maybe that's the second meaning of Billie's hashtag - that these songs were forgotten in THIS leg of the tour? I have a feeling it's not over...and that they have surprises for us up their sleeves :happy:as always

It's nowhere near over. They still have a lot of catching up to do following all those cancellations because of BJ's rehab. They haven't even done a proper UK tour yet, never mind the rest of the world. Give it another year, at least.

It's nowhere near over. They still have a lot of catching up to do following all those cancellations because of BJ's rehab. They haven't even done a proper UK tour yet, never mind the rest of the world. Give it another year, at least.

why everyone keep saying they didn't do a UK tour yet? seriously you guys got like 5 dates

why everyone keep saying they didn't do a UK tour yet? seriously you guys got like 5 dates

Yeah, but that doesn't constitute a tour. Especially when two of them were festivals and one was a one-off warmup gig. I'm not complaining about a lack of shows, we're lucky to have had what we have, but it's still not a tour, especially compared to the huge ones they did over here for American Idiot and 21st CB.

I recall the Foo Fighters once saying they werent going to play again for a "long time" and then played again 2 months later.

It's not over. One tour being over doesn't mean the whole era is over.

3 shows in London (two of which were secret shows) and a couple of festivals isn't a tour. They said they'd do a full UK tour, that usually means like 10 arena shows all around all the countries of the UK. Not saying we deserve more shows than other countries lol, but they sell lots of tickets here so they always do lots of dates. There's no way that was the "full UK tour" they mentioned.

Yeah, but that doesn't constitute a tour. Especially when two of them were festivals and one was a one-off warmup gig. I'm not complaining about a lack of shows, we're lucky to have had what we have, but it's still not a tour, especially compared to the huge ones they did over here for American Idiot and 21st CB.

sorry it's just the jealous in me who wants some dates

Probably the most wasted timeframe in Green Day's history if it has in fact come to an end. Mediocre music by Green Day standards (still better than lots of other crap out there, but this was middle of the road for Green Day music), lots of cancelled tour dates that were never re-scheduled (including one I was supposed to go to), more global talk about things other than their music, and maybe the single lowest moment of Green Day's history last year in Las Vegas, certainly Billie Joe's lowest moment. I guess on the one hand, good, time to start fresh, make some new music, put all this in the rear-view mirror, and see what the future has in store. But unfortunately I think the trilogy will be looked at as the beginning of the end in terms of Green Day's days as a band. I get the vibe that when we know Green Day's reached the end of the road as a band, we'll look back on 2012 as the year that started that march towards the end.

Time to look forward to a new era... IF this era has actually ended, which is debatable.

what i will remember from this era; billie striped shirts.

& the ripped shirt in Brixton - um maybe wrong thread ;)

It's not over, they will do a second North America tour after they rest for a bit. At least, they better! :mad: They need to make up all those cancelled dates or lots of fans will be super disappointed. Including me!

It's not over, they will do a second North America tour after they rest for a bit. At least, they better! :mad: They need to make up all those cancelled dates or lots of fans will be super disappointed. Including me!

my sister was supposed to go to one of the PA shows, and it got cancelled.

Why an UK tur and not an Europe tour?

I don't think they will do another trilogy tour after this one, remember they have been touring for trilogy before 99 revolutions tour started ! and since the result wasn't the one they were expecting I don't think they will do other dates in Europe/North America. I think they will take a break and start recording a new album. Regarding the australian tour dates I have a feeling they would either do the dookie thing all over again or do kind of like a greatest hits tour. There are still places like south america where they haven't even played one single show there so I guess they will announce something later after the australian tour. Dunno we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Seattle was going to be the first show of the tour, November 26th.

I don't think they will do another trilogy tour after this one, remember they have been touring for trilogy before 99 revolutions tour started ! and since the result wasn't the one they were expecting I don't think they will do other dates in Europe/North America. I think they will take a break and start recording a new album. Regarding the australian tour dates I have a feeling they would either do the dookie thing all over again or do kind of like a greatest hits tour. There are still places like south america where they haven't even played one single show there so I guess they will announce something later after the australian tour. Dunno we'll have to wait and see I guess.

it would be weird for them to take six months off and then do the australians dates. they'll add dates in betweek.

it would be weird for them to take six months off and then do the australians dates. they'll add dates in betweek.

I don't think so, in this tour they had a lot of breaks in between.

I don't think so, in this tour they had a lot of breaks in between.

not that much. and matt said they're gonna announce new dates this fall better be real :lol:

no. no no.

they need to play songs off the trilogy here otherwise i would be so fucking pissed off and devastated.

This era will be over when they release new material or go on a greatest hits tour or something. Well it already basically is a hits setlist but still. Also Aussie dates and maybe a 2nd US leg or Uk leg or something.

was it scheduled for early january? i think that's the one that was cancelled for me

Archived