Billie Joe smashing another guitar....!

DunkanRobertson

I thought the Les Paul sounded like shit, the tele had a much better tone. But still I wouldn't smash it but I'm not a millionaire sooo....

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For fuck sake .... Stop overanalysing it .... He threw the guitar down because he can :)

Did he go on a full mouth rant before throwing it down ..... No ?

Did he do it because he is acting like a kid .... No

He did it because he CAN do it and has like 345 (I think) guitars :lol: and he has destoryed perfectly good guiatrs before (even before iHeartRadio)

Do you whine everytime when Pete from The Who smashes his guitars ?

Ps. Mike or Tré could accidentally fall on stage and on here there would be a thread claiming he is drunk or something :lol:

Stop analysing everything they do :)

That was a borrowed guitar? I thought it was just one of his many LP Specials.

Yeah, it was borrowed from some guitar shop in Cleveland 'cause it was kind of late they got to know that they were playing, I think

Personally I can't wait until the iHeart thing is more or less forgotten, just so we can stop as a fanbase questioning Billie's condition every time he frowns.

just a question; are the guitars jason and billie are playing in this video are recent at gd shows? it's the first time i noticed them.

The guitar Jason has in this video has been around for like 10 years now. :D

What really annoyed me was people deciding he was drunk and had gone nuts and smashed a guitar, so he HAD to use the Telecaster. Never mind that he started the show with the Telecaster or anything. As though he wouldn't have at least 5 guitars with him at a festival. The over-analysis is painful, can you imagine this kind of talk on a board for The Who, or Hendrix?

ah, back to the roots. Strange that he did it during one of the happiest songs I know, but it looks like a string was slightly out of tune.

That roadie won't be sitting for a week after Billie punishes him.

As others said it wasn't the first time he did something like that, and I just thought it fits with his quote "Attack your instruments. Don’t let them attack you." :happy:

It got all this attention just because people saw it as an echo of the iHeart radio thing...But hey, until he's got the money to buy more guitars, I guess he can do whatever he wants with his instruments and act as a childish rockstar :lol:

ah, back to the roots. Strange that he did it during one of the happiest songs I know, but it looks like a string was slightly out of tune.

That roadie won't be sitting for a week after Billie punishes him.

I do believe his roadie will be ripped a new one for the out of tune string...

First of all, smashing a guitar doesn't make you punk. Just doing it because you couldn't give a fuck less makes it punk, because they don't need your approval, man.

Secondly, it's now becoming survival of the fittest in his guitar collection isn't it? Of course someone's gonna say he's drunk and shit, but Billie's just doing the fuck he likes, because why not? Though disturbingly, have you noticed we've never seen him destroying a lot of those he names? It looks like the ones he names are the ones he seems precious and worth keeping. One out of tune guitar and it's dead.

We never even got its name, but I will always remember you, shiny black Les Paul thrown off the stage. <3

SO SPOILED He could have tossed it into the audience for a lucky fan to have. Give or take a concussion or two.

Man I hate when people smash their guitars.

I'd kill to have one like him because mine is, compared to his, sure as hell a piece o' crap.

Just give it to me or someone else who can't afford it you fucking ungrateful moron

SO SPOILED He could have tossed it into the audience for a lucky fan to have. Give or take a concussion or two.

Owning a guitar from Billie Joe would totally be worth the concussion. I wouldn't complain if I got hit by that guitar and get to keep it, under the condition it's still intact :P

That was a borrowed guitar? I thought it was just one of his many LP Specials.

yes, Green Day wasn't scheduled to play that night but they did. The sound manager of the Rock and Roll hall of fame went to guitar center and borrowed the guitar. Billie ended up smashing that one so the sound manager couldn't return it, instead he had the band sign the guitar and he sold it on ebay.

Those who dont like guitar smashing i hope yall dont watch a Who concert or a Nirvana concert lmao

He didn't even smash the guitar. He simply just took it off and threw it off stage. Big deal.

I really wanna smash a guitar. I'm not even punk, I just like smashing stuff.

I've smashed 3 of them in my teenage years it's fun but i smashed my aunts old 60's Gibson ES (it was broken no bridge pick ups or wiring) at the time i didnt know u could fix em so smashed it to pieces (i was a die hard Cobain fanatic...) a year or so ago im at a vintage guitar store i see the SAME guitar as it going for 26k i was sick as all fuck lol

I've smashed 3 of them in my teenage years it's fun but i smashed my aunts old 60's Gibson ES (it was broken no bridge pick ups or wiring) at the time i didnt know u could fix em so smashed it to pieces (i was a die hard Cobain fanatic...) a year or so ago im at a vintage guitar store i see the SAME guitar as it going for 26k i was sick as all fuck lol

Hahaha that's rough, man.

He didn't even smash the guitar. He simply just took it off and threw it off stage. Big deal.

Thank you!!!

actually he didn't smash it he just threw it away.

exactly

but you could clearly hear it fuckin up so it was probably more annoyance than rock star cliche :)

It's cool and all but instead of broke It cause It's out of tune why don't give It to a fan? It was a Gibson, goddamit.

I'll probably can't afford this guitar like ever.. just sayin'.

Archived