Green Day play entire Dookie at Brixton Academy

SmoothedOut

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This feels like old news already, can't they do something different for once? Setlists, no matter if they play Dookie in full, are getting boring.

It's kinda like weird that they decided to play whole Dookie now. Why didn't they do it on Dookie tour?

Billie is looking very fine though, I forgot to mention. Every time I see him he looks younger.

It's kinda like weird that they decided to play whole Dookie now. Why didn't they do it on Dookie tour?

I consider us quite lucky for Green Day to hand us 3 albums worth of songs two years before Dookie's 20 year anniversary. There's no stopping them from celebrating Dookie next year. Heck they could've just given us a Dookie 20th Anniversary Tour or something like that and not release Uno Dos Tre 2 years ago but they still did. Promoting new songs is important. But Dookie is Dookie - even after a hundred years. :)

I consider us quite lucky for Green Day to hand us 3 albums worth of songs two years before Dookie's 20 year anniversary. There's no stopping them from celebrating Dookie next year. Heck they could've just given us a Dookie 20th Anniversary Tour or something like that and not release Uno Dos Tre 2 years ago but they still did. Promoting new songs is important. But Dookie is Dookie - even after a hundred years. :)

They don't promote new songs. They put few of those into the setlis, and that's it.

just watching it!! i'm on Sassafras Roots right now, looks like they rehearsed a lot, Tre is doind the drum part on the chorus correct this time, not using crash instead the floor tom

I sincerely don't understand why people get upset with the setlist. It's not like the whole show was just Dookie. They played 5 trilogy songs so what's the big deal? Wake Me Up When September Ends? Awesome! You all should be happy Green Day value their older albums as much as the fans do. There are bands out there who don't give a shit about their older songs because they just want to promote their new songs. If Green Day played just trilogy songs, everybody would be pissed because of it.

Guest Trotsky

I sincerely don't understand why people get upset with the setlist. It's not like the whole show was just Dookie. They played 5 trilogy songs so what's the big deal? Wake Me Up When September Ends? Awesome! You all should be happy Green Day value their older albums as much as the fans do. There are bands out there who don't give a shit about their older songs because they just want to promote their new songs. If Green Day played just trilogy songs, everybody would be pissed because of it.

I think the point is that the fans want to hear new songs because they love these songs and it seems that they will never hear songs like Kill The DJ, 8th Avenue Serenade, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Wild One, The Forgotten, Drama Queen, Fuck Time etc... They can play Dookie in full and 3-4 songs from the Trilogy who have never played. Is it so difficult? I want to hear Dookie because is an incredible experience but I want to hear some Trilogy songs. That's all. :)

Do we really need a thread for this? As much as I love the fact they played dookie full, they already did it twice before, and everyone already expressed their thoughts in those threads.

I think the point is that the fans want to hear new songs because they love these songs and it seems that they will never hear songs like Kill The DJ, 8th Avenue Serenade, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Wild One, The Forgotten, Drama Queen, Fuck Time etc... They can play Dookie in full and 3-4 songs from the Trilogy who have never played. Is it so difficult? I want to hear Dookie because is an incredible experience but I want to hear some Trilogy songs. That's all. :)

Yeah, and I want to hear Insomniac songs, and nimrod songs, and slappy songs. Point is, Green Day isn't gonna cater their setlist for you. Why play songs that sold 500,000 copies when They coul play songs that sold 16 million copies, and still play a few new ones to promote. Plus they're only doing it for the anniversary, so wait until 2015 and maybe you'll get what you want

just watching it!! i'm on Sassafras Roots right now, looks like they rehearsed a lot, Tre is doind the drum part on the chorus correct this time, not using the floor tom instead the crash

They're playing it more accurately this time. If you look at the 4th solo on "Burnout" he does it like the studio version. Also, the entire band seems a lot more into playing it. "Chump" was amazing.

I think this deserves a thread. They played the songs significantly more accurate this time and it's not like you get to hear the band play the entire album all the time anyway. Also, I think people want to see what came of their Dookie practice videos from instagram. "Pulling Teeth" is nicely done here.

People need to stop bitching about Dookie being played. This is awesome news, and I hope they do it for years to come.

We've re-opened the topic since we think this is a pretty notable thing, and it should be it's own thread for conversation.

They've played Dookie in full 3 times in the 19 years since it came out. If that's a problem, or getting boring already, there's clearly no pleasing some people.

Uhhh Trilogy is not even a year old yet....

They've played Dookie in full 3 times in the 19 years since it came out. If that's a problem, or getting boring already, there's clearly no pleasing some people.

People need to stop bitching about Dookie being played. This is awesome news, and I hope they do it for years to come.

To be fair I think people's real problem is the lack of Trilogy songs in the setlist.

I was there, it was fucking awesome :dance:. And to complainers, it wasn't the whole show! Dookie's only like half an hour long so there was plenty of time for other stuff. The thing is Green Day aren't a marketing team, they don't play shows to advertise certain songs over others. They like playing old songs and they like playing new songs, and when they do a show they play whatever they feel like playing, with the aim of entertaining the crowd not promoting stuff! Hearing a whole album along with a few new songs and a few other classics was a wonderful treat, who gives a shit about promotion when you're busy enjoying a fabulous show?

This feels like old news already, can't they do something different for once? Setlists, no matter if they play Dookie in full, are getting boring.

Well yeah, just reading setlists is gonna be boring unless a band changes up the songs at every single show. But that's not the point of a setlist, the point is for that one show to be good for the people at that show. I'd never seen Dookie in full before so there was absolutely nothing boring about it :lol:. I don't really see how doing something super special at a grand total of 3 shows could be considered repetitive or boring. Look at any tour Green Day have done from 1994 onwards and you'll see they've always played pretty much the same setlist at every show of a given tour.....it's how tours work, the band puts together a show and tours it around for different people to see. I don't know why people have suddenly started acting like this is a new thing.

To be fair I think people's real problem is the lack of Trilogy songs in the setlist.

Is it really that much of a lack though? They play 5-6 songs from it. I love the Trilogy so the more the better as far as I'm concerned, but that's a pretty standard amount of songs to add to a setlist when a new album comes out. Only time they really added loads from a new album was with American Idiot, they've always liked sticking with a solid setlist of classic, well known songs to get the crowd going for the most part.

The special thing on this, is that they reharsed this. Having a blast sounded like they played all the shows, pulling teeth has all the lyrics, Eminius Sleepus (is that right?) was pretty cool. The end of In the end seems a bit off yet, but still great.

And I think that playing Dookie "full" is right in this moment, because they started to play these songs in 1993, and recorded the album in 1993. This makes sense to me.

It was what everybody was expecting, so Woooo!!! :dance::lol: I hope I can watch the video anytime soon!

People need to stop bitching. Some people are sick of the trilogy, some people are sick of Dookie. leave 'em be. They're not hurting you

Guest Trotsky

People need to stop bitching. Some people are sick of the trilogy, some people are sick of Dookie. leave 'em be. They're not hurting you

I'm more than happy that they played Dookie in full and I hope to play it again. The main reason that people (and me personally) whining is because Green Day just stuck with the same 5-6 Trilogy songs and at the same time they have another 30 new songs. It doesn't make any sense... No one said they have to play 30 songs from the Trilogy but 3-4 different Trilogy songs it's not so absurd.

I'm more than happy that they played Dookie in full and I hope to play it again. The main reason that people (and me personally) whining is because Green Day just stuck with the same 5-6 Trilogy songs and at the same time they have another 30 new songs. It doesn't make any sense... No one said they have to play 30 songs from the Trilogy but 3-4 different Trilogy songs it's not so absurd.

It's not absurd seeing as they aren't playing in the same area for each show. They're going to different area's playing these songs to a different set of people. Nobody told you to stalk every single setlist. That's absurd.

Archived