Countries Green Day Never Played

GreenDayGeorgia

Céadóg, you live in Ireland, is much more easier for people here who live in Asia or in the middle east, we are not complaining but you just need to understand that it's not easy for us. I read a lot of posts like "oh I'm gonna see GD in my second time this year" (example) like it's something so easy to do, we need to take like a week off from work, you think I have the money for that? sorry but no, sometimes I really get angry at the band cause here in Israel they have huge fanbase and believe me, when they will play here, the whole place will be full..

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Céadóg, you live in Ireland, is much more easier for people here who live in Asia or in the middle east, we are not complaining but you just need to understand that it's not easy for us. I read a lot of posts like "oh I'm gonna see GD in my second time this year" (example) like it's something so easy to do, we need to take like a week off from work, you think I have the money for that? sorry but no, sometimes I really get angry at the band cause here in Israel they have huge fanbase and believe me, when they will play here, the whole place will be full..

But you can't blame the band, you should blame the show companies

I'm not disputing that, it's just for people like that guy earlier, who lives right beside two countries GD play regularly in, it's hardly a big deal for him to travel a few hours to see them.

The problem with Israel and the whole area surrounding it is the politics of the area. The whole region is completely unsettled, with civil wars breaking out in nearly every country around it. The band are as likely to play in Israel as they are to play Iran. Besides, if they played Israel, most Muslim countries in the Middle East would refuse to let them play there. It's a lose/lose situation. They probably won't play any countries in the Middle East until things calm down a bit.

So never, basically.

I'm not disputing that, it's just for people like that guy earlier, who lives right beside two countries GD play regularly in, it's hardly a big deal for him to travel a few hours to see them.

The problem with Israel and the whole area surrounding it is the politics of the area. The whole region is completely unsettled, with civil wars breaking out in nearly every country around it. The band are as likely to play in Israel as they are to play Iran. Besides, if they played Israel, most Muslim countries in the Middle East would refuse to let them play there. It's a lose/lose situation. They probably won't play any countries in the Middle East until things calm down a bit.

So never, basically.

well, it doesn't stop lot and lot of band to play in Israel. why? because they didn't give a fuck.

well, it doesn't stop lot and lot of band to play in Israel. why? because they didn't give a fuck.

Such as? I haven't heard of many high profile bands announcing tour dates there for the past few years.

Such as? I haven't heard of many high profile bands announcing tour dates there for the past few years.

metallica. red hot chili peppers, Suede (three times and it's a lot for a small country like us), Paul Mccartney, Paul Simon, Kaiser Chiefs, Lady Gaga, Simple plan.... and more that I don't remember. oh and Justin Bieber :dry:

They should make a "Never been there tour". Fuck USA, Germany, Italy... lets go to a never been there country.

As an American this offends me.

metallica. red hot chili peppers, Suede (three times and it's a lot for a small country like us), Paul Mccartney, Paul Simon, Kaiser Chiefs, Lady Gaga, Simple plan.... and more that I don't remember. oh and Justin Bieber :dry:

I'm actually genuinely surprised that so many bands would play in such a troubled area. Maybe GD have political objections to Israel? I dunno.

Why?

Too small to be cost effective.

I guess i'm the minority of minority, linkin park just left and i don't give a shit of those mainstreams. i think GD just do whatever the hell they want even if for no reason and i don't blame it.

why? you need to be proud you had the chance to see them.

I'm actually genuinely surprised that so many bands would play in such a troubled area. Maybe GD have political objections to Israel? I dunno.

Why?

yeah me too, but to be honest, maybe one day they will come here... oh and I forgot alicia keys and Riahana... oh yeah, and Linkin Park... barbra streisand, scorpions, korn,

I don't see the big deal of Green Day going around your country. If you really wanted to see the band you'd make it happen instead of bitching on the Internet because they won't stop EXACTLY where you live.

Why?

I just wanted to join the others complaining. I honestly give less than a fuck where the band goes.

I don't see the big deal of Green Day going around your country. If you really wanted to see the band you'd make it happen instead of bitching on the Internet because they won't stop EXACTLY where you live.

I just wanted to join the others complaining. I honestly give less than a fuck where the band goes.

go to my country or to India and I promise you that you will not say it again. "make it happen?" really? like, it's magic? the money fall from the sky? we are not bitching, it's not like I'm living in Poland and don't wanna go to Germany (example).

you know which countries is around my country? the ones who are not for vacation

go to my country or to India and I promise you that you will not say it again. "make it happen?" really? like, it's magic? the money fall from the sky? we are not bitching, it's not like I'm living in Poland and don't wanna go to Germany (example).

you know which countries is around my country? the ones who are not for vacation

I know money doesn't come from the sky. I worked my ass off to see Green Day when they came here.

Well they certainly haven't played in the Arctic.

oh sorry they haven't play in the UK enough?

It's called a joke.

sorry thought you were cynical...

sorry thought you were cynical...

Well, it was a cynical joke. If you think about it, Green Day have barely toured the US and Europe properly this year, let alone new countries. India, being a growing superpower and all, might get to see Green Day in years to come, but while Billie Joe is still 'recovering' and getting back into performing the number of concerts is going to be limited for everyone.

Well, it was a cynical joke. If you think about it, Green Day have barely toured the US and Europe properly this year, let alone new countries. India, being a growing superpower and all, might get to see Green Day in years to come, but while Billie Joe is still 'recovering' and getting back into performing the number of concerts is going to be limited for everyone.

it's not like I wanna see GD 100 times (I don't mind off-course) but only one time will be perfect for me..

it's not like I wanna see GD 100 times (I don't mind off-course) but only one time will be perfect for me..

Honey, I live in the UK but I've never seen Green Day either. I'm pretty desperate; hopefully they'll come to the Midlands on the second leg. It's partially because I only became a fan in the last five to six years and my parents weren't prepared to send me alone on the 21CB tour. This tour, they haven't played anywhere near me and I don't have enough cash to fork out for travel expenses etc.

So, you know, lots of Europeans and Americans lose out too, so before you get mad I'm actually kind of in a similar - albeit, slightly better - situation to you.

Honey, I live in the UK but I've never seen Green Day either. I'm pretty desperate; hopefully they'll come to the Midlands on the second leg. It's partially because I only became a fan in the last five to six years and my parents weren't prepared to send me alone on the 21CB tour. This tour, they haven't played anywhere near me and I don't have enough cash to fork out for travel expenses etc.

So, you know, lots of Europeans and Americans lose out too, so before you get mad I'm actually kind of in a similar - albeit, slightly better - situation to you.

I'm not mad, I think everyone should see them.

I don't know who you are, but I like you...

I guess in Israel it's only political problems, who knows...

I've seen Green Day perform several times over here in Ireland so I really think it is unfair when people never even get the chance. Israeli people deserve Green Day too ^^ But maybe you're right, political issues do play a role. And besides, I can imagine music business being a smaller economy over in Israel than it is in for example the States.

We aren't talking like it is bands fault we just tell our opinion for me if they go to maybe to Turkey i will see them Turkey it is not a small country i think for people from Israel it would be easier to go to Turkey then to Germany or to Italy

The Philippines and surrounding nations. :/

I think it's due to the mentality of the people around here. You get grandparents who say they don't like 'loud music' and kids shouldn't be doing this and that yet they're totally fine with some foul-mouth popstar's songs playing at a 1 year old's birthday party.

No scene here whatsoever that won't just get made fun of. I've heard of a small punk scenes here and a bigger one in Indonesia (the Exploited have played there) but I really am annoyed by the lack of depth in music preference and in the media here. Don't get me wrong, there are hard-core Green Day fans here. But don't be surprised if people you can barely relate to tell you they love Green Day. I wish Green Day would come so they could make the Philippines a better place.

Show the world what a REAL rock-show looks and sounds like. Maybe it'll open a some eyes!

Archived