Countries Green Day Never Played

GreenDayGeorgia

For example my country it is small country in Caucasus ))) Georgia 2 years ago here came Enrique Iglesias and it was MTV Live Georgia and in the commercial there was only GD's performance at Olympiahalle first i thought GD was coming but :( they weren't here is the commercial

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read somewhere that Green Day doesn't go to past Soviet Republics but now they went to Russia and other countries why not our countries :)

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the band liking countries more or less or anything like that, they don't even choose where they go for the most part. Their management books the tour according to where they know or can predict that tickets will sell well enough, and the logistics and costs of travelling etc will work out right, so that the show will be cost effective. It's about maths, they need to make a certain amount of money back from a show to cover the cost of it. If the maths work out they'll play somewhere and if the maths don't work out they won't, it's nothing personal.

They've been playing more and more countries that they've never played before on this tour and the 21st CB tour, which I think shows they're very much open to playing new places if the maths means they can. They've played in at least 3 countries they'd never played in before on this leg of the tour so I think there's a good chance that they'll play in more at some point.

Edit: I'm looking at this thread and seeing lots of one word posts. If it's just going to be a list of countries then it's not going to be staying open. If you want to talk about countries they haven't played and why etc then go ahead, but there's no point in just listing countries.

Slovenia. Well they were in 1996 but I was like 3 years old back then. I guess Slovenia was so shitty that they don't want to come again which is sad :( It makes me angry that they play like 3 shows in Italy or Germany. They also play in Austria and Hungary. They are around my country but they never come here.

I don't think they've ever played anywhere in Africa, have they?

Either way, they've never played Ipswich.

Israel, we have a huge fans here but they never played here, and back in 2005 we even had petition to play in my country. nothing helped :(

Greece :( They came here in 2000 for holidays...They have talked about coming here(they came in Santorini island) in a interview in 2009 but they didn't say anything about coming here again.

Also,Mike saw our video for his 41st birthday and he said that 'Greeks Rule' but nothing more :/ We're hoping and waiting.

They should make a "Never been there tour". Fuck USA, Germany, Italy... lets go to a never been there country.

Belarus, Ukraine, Iceland, pretty much all of Caucasus and Asia except for some far east countries (Thailand, Japan, Indonesia, South Korea and that's all), Cyprus, Macedonia, Peru, Ecuador...

So many countries Green Day didn't toured yet!

Slovenia. Well they were in 1996 but I was like 3 years old back then. I guess Slovenia was so shitty that they don't want to come again which is sad :( It makes me angry that they play like 3 shows in Italy or Germany. They also play in Austria and Hungary. They are around my country but they never come here.

They played in Slovenia. Dvorana Tivoli, Ljubljana, 1997.

OK, so let's make a list.

Belize

Salvador

Guatemala

Honduras

Grenada

Haiti

Jamaica

St.Kitts and Nevis

St.Lucia

St.Vincent and Grenadines

Trinidad and Tobago

Bolivia

Paraguay

Uruguay

Algeria

Libia

Morocco

Tunis

Burundi

Tanzania

Uganda

Benin

Burkina Faso

Cape Verde

Cote D'Ivore

GAmbia

Ghana

Sierra Leone

Togo

Camerun

Centralafrican Republic

Chad

Republic Congo

D.R Congo

Equatorial Guinea

Mauritius

Mozambiq

Namibia

South Africa

Swaziland

Zambia

Zimbabwe

Angola

Botswana

Comoros

Djibouti

Egypt

Eritrea

Ethiopia

Gabon

Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Kenya

Lesotho

Liberia

Madagascar

Malawi

Mali

Mauritania

Namibia

Niger

Nigeria

Rwanda

Sao Tome and Principe

Senegal

Seychelles

Somalia

South Sudan

Sudan

Afghanistan

Armenia

Azerbaijan

Bahrain

Bangladesh

Bhutan

Brunei

Cambodia

China (not sure)

Cyprus

Georgia

India

Indonesia

Iraq

Iran

Israel

Jordan

Kazakhstan

North Korea

South Korea

Kuwait

Kyrgyzstan

Laos

Lebanon

Malaysia

Maldives

Mongolia

Myanmar

Nepal

Oman

Pakistan

Phillipines

Qatar

I don't get it why they don't come to the Middle East, it's very peaceful place

Sorry, Self-deprecating humor :lol:

Saudi Arabia

Singapore

Sri Lanka

Syria

Tajikistan

East Timor

Turkey

Turkmenistan

UAE
Uzbekistan

Vietnam

Yemen

Albania

Andorra

Belarus

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Bulgaria

Croatia

ICeland

Latvia

LIechtenstein

Lithuania

Luxembourg

MAcedonia

Malta

Moldova

Monaco

Montenegro

Norway

Slovakia

Ukraine

Vatican

Antigua and Barbuda

Bahamas

Barbados

Dominica

Dominican Republic

Panama

Fiji

Kiribati

MArshall Islands

Micronesia

NAuru

Palau

Papua New Guinea

Samoa

Solomon Islands

Tonga

Tuvalu

Vanuatu

Colombia

Ecuador

Guyana

Peru

Suriname

Venezuela

YOU'RE WELCOME.

They should make a "Never been there tour". Fuck USA, Germany, Italy... lets go to a never been there country.

Yeah, because it'd make so much sense to leave out their biggest fanbases. :ermm:

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the band liking countries more or less or anything like that, they don't even choose where they go for the most part. Their management books the tour according to where they know or can predict that tickets will sell well enough, and the logistics and costs of travelling etc will work out right, so that the show will be cost effective. It's about maths, they need to make a certain amount of money back from a show to cover the cost of it. If the maths work out they'll play somewhere and if the maths don't work out they won't, it's nothing personal.

...why aren't most people as smart as you?

Either way, they've never played Ipswich.

Unsure if joke, but I just cannot take that seriously.

They've never played at the Vatican. Such a shame.

I'm pretty sure if that were to happen, reality in itself would collapse and the universe will be completely reset to start again.

That would empty the promotion company's wallet faster than mine on beer night.

Yeah, because it'd make so much sense to leave out their biggest fanbases. :ermm:

Just because the population is big it doesn't mean that the fanbase is bigger than in other countries.

Saudi Arabia

Singapore

Sri Lanka

Syria

Tajikistan

East Timor

Turkey

Turkmenistan

UAE

Uzbekistan

Vietnam

Yemen

Albania

Andorra

Belarus

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Bulgaria

Croatia

ICeland

Latvia

LIechtenstein

Lithuania

Luxembourg

MAcedonia

Malta

Moldova

Monaco

Montenegro

Norway

Slovakia

Ukraine

Vatican

Antigua and Barbuda

Bahamas

Barbados

Dominica

Dominican Republic

Panama

Fiji

Kiribati

MArshall Islands

Micronesia

NAuru

Palau

Papua New Guinea

Samoa

Solomon Islands

Tonga

Tuvalu

Vanuatu

Colombia

Ecuador

Guyana

Peru

Suriname

Venezuela

YOU'RE WELCOME.

you forgot Greece :lol:

Just because the population is big it doesn't mean that the fanbase is bigger than in other countries.

In that case it is, actually.

Everyone says "There's huge fanbase in my country" and then at the concert half of the venue is empty. When Green Day play in country like Germany, there are many fans from abroad. In Poland I didn't meet anyone from other country. I understand it. I also would rather go to Germany or Austria than to small post-comunist country in east Europe.

India. They've never been here even though they have a rather big fanbase. They've gone to Singapore so many times and Singapore is so fucking close to India. Mike's even said that he's love to come here but, there's been no news of a tour here :dry:

Archived