Green Day are re-recording Dookie?

ColinOr

I doubt it. Be interesting to find out what they're hinting at though (if they're not just teasing us).

I think you just can't hold on the things they said before his meltdown.

There was soo much shit going on, I don't don't think any of the things they announced or said in that time, are going to happen or are even true.

Specially that "Fuck the past, think about now, think about the future" thing.

He said that during a concert didn't he? So you can assume that he was drunk as hell.

I personally think this "meltdown-era" changed them a lot.

So we can just wait and hope the best for the future, but I think a sober Billie will make awesome music/decisions.

Just because someone realizes they have an alcohol/substance problem it doesn't mean everything they said before can be dismissed. He's openly said that he's had on/off problems with drink since Nimrod times, and he was on speed and who knows what else before that, it's not like he only ever had issues with that stuff recently. Just because it got to the point where he needed some help it doesn't mean he was always under the influence before, or that when he was his words meant nothing, it isn't as black and white as that. He's still the same person, he just got some help with a problem that's all. Drunk or not he said the "fuck the past, think about the future" thing simply because at that moment he was excited to play some new songs. Doesn't mean it applies all the time, seems to me he (and the rest of the band) have always been and continue to be excited about both their old and new material, they just sometimes happen to be more excited about one than the other.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because someone realizes they have an alcohol/substance problem it doesn't mean everything they said before can be dismissed. He's openly said that he's had on/off problems with drink since Nimrod times, and he was on speed and who knows what else before that, it's not like he only ever had issues with that stuff recently. Just because it got to the point where he needed some help it doesn't mean he was always under the influence before, or that when he was his words meant nothing, it isn't as black and white as that. He's still the same person, he just got some help with a problem that's all. Drunk or not he said the "fuck the past, think about the future" thing simply because at that moment he was excited to play some new songs. Doesn't mean it applies all the time, seems to me he (and the rest of the band) have always been and continue to be excited about both their old and new material, they just sometimes happen to be more excited about one than the other.

Oh yeha..you're right.

I just had the "feeling" that he kinda changed a lot isince 2012.

fucking hell I wish this was true and they just put out a digital download for it for 5$ :(

Cause why the fuck not, Green Day? Huh? Why the FUCK not? :(

Warner :(

Couldn't they just be doing it for fun to see how it sounds? Like when they dragged their old equipment out and player kerplunk in the studio, how do we know they didnt record that too? They seem to record everything.

Couldn't they just be doing it for fun to see how it sounds? Like when they dragged their old equipment out and player kerplunk in the studio, how do we know they didnt record that too? They seem to record everything.

Just giving us more reason to break in and steal all this stuff they're being stingy with.

Just giving us more reason to break in and steal all this stuff they're being stingy with.

Well I'm sure it's all in a top secret locked safe along with cigarettes and valentines, heart like a hand grenade and that sex tape the three of them made back in 1994.

I was hoping more for triology remixes..

It's like they teased my weiner, and just left it there.

(Though the possibility of hearing Dookie live after about 20 years would be awesome too)

I was hoping more for triology remixes..

It's like they teased my weiner, and just left it there.

(Though the possibility of hearing Dookie live after about 20 years would be awesome too)

they have already played Dookie live in full twice in this tour

they have already played Dookie live in full twice in this tour

Well, Like a live HD video recording :D

Well I'm sure it's all in a top secret locked safe along with cigarettes and valentines, heart like a hand grenade and that sex tape the three of them made back in 1994.

the sex tape part was a joke right? Or did they actually say something about that

info on that?

the sex tape part was a joke right? Or did they actually say something about that

Nope, Andres has it on good authority that the sex tape is real.

Whatever they are doing, Those vids are getting me VERY EXCITED for the Uk shows :D

Hah, as if I'd ever ask someone about that.

You wouldn't need to because you were the cameraman right? Lol

I don't know what they're doing with it, but I hope they do release it somehow just so all of you who are so damn hell bent on it not getting released have to eat your words. It's so silly to be sure of anything. It makes sense for them to just listen to their practices and it also makes sense with a big anniversary coming up to maybe do something new with Dookie.

no. just no. you don't do that to a master piece. the last thing we need is a watered down, over produced trilogy sounding dookie.

Somebody needs to get new ears.

Hah, as if I'd ever ask someone about that.

The real question is why WOULDN'T you?

I would choose those to be re-recorded over Dookie any day.

Definitely. Dookie is already great. 1039 could be awesome with some new polish.

Who knows, man. Here are my speculations.

• They might just be having fun and warming up before their next leg of touring.
  • They might be recording Dookie (and maybe other songs) and listening to what they might improve when they play it at Reading and Leeds, or as Billie hinted, #brixtonacademy?

I still love how folks think the trilogy is over produced

Dookie and AI had way more production tricks on them than the trilogy so they must be REALLY overproduced...

You're all pessimists, lol. There's not really a whole lot more evidence that they WON'T re-record Dookie than if they will. All we know at this point is that they've re-recorded Pulling Teeth. Who's to say they haven't done the rest of the album and are planning a 2 disk release of a live DVD of Dookie and a re-recorded Dookie? Especially with the 20th anniversary coming up in like 5 months. I can't see why they'd play the album live 4 times and at a friggen festival where the album will be recorded professionally with cranes and all that shit if they aren't planning something like this. If they don't? Oh well. But there are things saying that's what they're up to.

When did they do that? Please explain

Alot of remasters are shitty escp on albums from the 90's all they do is just make sure the loudness wins (case in point Nevermind 20th...)

There's no point in remastering 90s albums. Besides, that's different to 'hurr durr all remasters suk'. The majority of professional remasters of 60s/70s albums are far better than the originals. I guarantee that the albums in your library from before the 80s are pretty much all remasters. And listen to Steven Wilson's remasters/remixes. He can breathe new life into a song, and make it sound 50 years younger.

There's no point in remastering 90s albums. Besides, that's different to 'hurr durr all remasters suk'. The majority of professional remasters of 60s/70s albums are far better than the originals. I guarantee that the albums in your library from before the 80s are pretty much all remasters. And listen to Steven Wilson's remasters/remixes. He can breathe new life into a song, and make it sound 50 years younger.

Exactly

I'm not against remasters but 90% of albums done in the 90's and up dont need remastering as recording abilities are good

Remaster albums should be early 80's and below imo

Archived