Do The People In Your Life Like GD?

R_Z-Log

No. They don't even know who they are.

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

All of my friends like Green Day. It's not their favourite band, but they all like them. Except my girlfriend. She doesn't like them. Or Metallica. One Direction though. That's where its at.

My entire family used to like Green Day because of "Fork in the Road", as they'd call it. Then I sort of got into them a bit before American Idiot. Then when they took over with American Idiot my whole family being the religious nuts they are said THAT MAN IS SATAN because I told them they swear in most of their songs. So I'm not supposed to listen to them. But hey, rules are meant to be broken, right?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. I have one asian friend who says he likes them but he barely knows anything outside of American Idiot

some of my friends like green day, but not to the extent that i do. haha.

my parents have embraced them and my boyfriend doesn't really care much for them, but he doesn't hate them.

Two of my closest friends are okay with Green Day and occasionally listen to them, and the third one likes them a lot, so I got her to go to the gig with me. :happy: Some of my friends/acquaintances kinda like the band as well but nothing really big. My folks just kinda accept the whole bands and music thing over all, but Green Day is probably the band that they would mention if asked what do I listen to. Must be the only one they really know. :lol:

My few friends know I'm a huge Green Day fan, and it's nice when they say to me "I heard a GD song the other day and thought of you". Probably Good Riddance haha! They don't really care or understand, being an older fan. I had to explain to my even older sister once that GD is not just punk music, she thought it was a phase I'd grow out of! As for my two kids (twelve and nineteen years old), well they have to listen to GD everytime they get in my car because, it's my car and I rarely play the radio! :) When I'm told to stop talking about GD I just come here to the forums with you guys! Which is pretty much everyday.

And then at church I'm the black sheep because GD is "satanic" music.

SERIOUSLY???

If that church was following the gospel, they would accept you for who you are.

Greenday music is not "satanic".

---------------------------------------------

Most people around me do not know of the band... but those who do... like them.

My classmates always made fun of me because they hated GD :thumbsdown: some liked them in my class but the majority hated them :cry:

My mom and sister like Green Day :happy: my father doesn't care xD

SERIOUSLY???

If that church was following the gospel, they would accept you for who you are.

Greenday music is not "satanic".

haha some DO think they are satanic. Look: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=39301 :lol: (thought I'd bring this back for the laughs)
"They are threatening God's word by spreading demonic propaganda amongst young teenagers." WHAT THE F :lol: :lol:

My sister likes Green Day and I took her along with her to 2 concerts but she just doesn't LOVE them. She went with me to my first GD concert in Hamilton in 2009 and that experience hands down made me addicted to Green Day ( I loved and adored them before but y'know how awesome and life-changing their shows are). After that concert Green Day was her fave band then she lost interest in them.

No friends like Green Day and that really sucks.

Mum and Dad think their a good band, like just a good band, don't care for em. My sister told me they were her favorite band but with any artists she won't usually look past hit singles. She liked BoBD and AI when they came out so she's got the album and occasionally I'll hear her play song from it, mostly She's A Rebel, but atm Linkin Park seems to be her favorite band.

Omg the satanic thing is just insane!! Some of these posts are making me so thankful for GDC. Not just for me, but for everyone surrounded by crazies that think they're listening to the devils music.

Yep, Im pretty thankful for GDC too! :lol:

I mean, seriously, if churches wants to build a case against the band, at least get their facts right (like how to spell the band, and that Billie Joe is not Billie Joel). :ermm:

So WOHOOO! for GDC, a place where GD fans surrounded by GD haters (or any GD fan at all) can unite at talk about GD!! :dance::ga:

Yep, Im pretty thankful for GDC too! :lol:

I mean, seriously, if churches wants to build a case against the band, at least get their facts right (like how to spell the band, and that Billie Joe is not Billie Joel). :ermm:

So WOHOOO! for GDC, a place where GD fans surrounded by GD haters (or any GD fan at all) can unite at talk about GD!! :dance::ga:

Well, I'm hardly a spokesperson for GDC (I've only been on here for less than two months), but I think I speak for all of us when I say we're happy to have you here!

my bf is a fan (its how we met haha) but not as big of a fan as I am. He likes their music,and probably always will but like be could care less about Billie's new puppy :P haha. .. but I still show him anyways

Mum aren't Dad think their a good band, like just a good band, don't care for em. My sister told me they were her favorite band but with any artists she won't usually look past hit singles. She liked BoBD and AI when they came out so she's got the album and occasionally I'll hear her play song from it, mostly She's A Rebel, but atm Linkin Park seems to be her favorite band.

In my school, Linkin Park Vs. Green Day is a very common argument...

The majority seems to prefer Linkin Park though .. :(

my bf is a fan (its how we met haha) but not as big of a fan as I am. He likes their music,and probably always will but like be could care less about Billie's new puppy :P haha. .. but I still show him anyways

Hahahahaha! Every time I woul show my husband a picture of the puppy I always got a half hearted "That's cute." I've stopped showing him at this point.

Just about everyone I know isn't really a fan of theirs. My mom likes them well enough (she thinks Billie is cute :P ) and my gf thinks they're pretty good, but most of my friends don't really like them. I think my best friend's boyfriend thinks they're decent, but that's about it. It always surprises me how much hate they get from others, but it's cool. None of my friends tease me for liking them or anything like that.

My parents just love some songs XD like my sister

But there are also friends who love them :D

In my school, Linkin Park Vs. Green Day is a very common argument...

The majority seems to prefer Linkin Park though .. :(

I'm start to think I'm the only one who actually love (and saw live) both

That's a troll site, jussayin' :P

MY LIFE IS A LIE :mellow:

but that site is the most hilarious thing ever, I'm not gonna lie. XD :ga:

My friend who is drawing up the cover for my novel loves Green Day just as much as I do! :D He's awesome.

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

I know :thumbsdown: But it's the truth... they don't know the boys names (and if they do, they got the wrong name) they don't recorgnize their pretty faces or song titles... anything anything. My mom still thinks they're British :ninja: But I don't give a damn! :happy:

Archived