Welcome to Green Day Community
Welcome Green Day fans! Right now you're viewing our site as a guest, which means you don't see or have access to many topics and conversations limited to our registered members. Sign up now to join the largest community of Green Day fans online! After-all, it's free!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SotW Restless Heart Syndrome

42 posts in this topic

Posted

I love this song, but I don't listen to it very often because it's such a sad song because after what happened I think Billie wrote it from his personal experience...

2 people like this

Posted

I love this song. I was a little disappointed it didn't become a single, but that's ok. It's my ringtone for texts.

Posted

This is one of the most relatable GD songs for me tbh I love this song SO much and the instruments are AMAZING

Posted

One of my favorite tracks off of 21CB. It's a shame that it has only been played live once or twice.

2 people like this

Posted

One of the best songs from Green Day's finest album. Incredibly underrated. Still get goosebumps every time I heard that guitar solo.

3 people like this

Posted

One of my favourites from 21CB, damn. It's such a good song.

Posted

Great OP! This is definitely my favorite song from 21st Century Breakdown. But doesn't Billie hate this song because of the number of vocal overdubs he had to do or something?

Posted

One of my favourite songs from 21st CB. Great song.

Posted

love it

Posted

One of my favourite Green Day songs ever.

That Acapella version is so good-wow.

Posted

Great song, even though it's also really sad. Makes me think about the "Road Back from Hell" interview.

Posted

This song is my favourite off 21st CB, Billie here wrote really beautiful lyrics.

Posted

LOVE Restless Heart Syndrome. The "know your enemy…" line before the solo kicks in is just ahhh and the power to Billie's voice as the vocals come back in is perfect. The meaning is really interesting too, but I can't say I've thought more deeply about it than what I've heard Billie tell us in interviews because the music is what makes me adore this song.

Onllyyy little thing I kind of hate about it is the first line. So cheesy.

Posted

I love this song! Gives me the chills everytime i hear it.....

Posted

Good write-up! Definitely one of my favorites from 21stCB. :D

Posted

This song was one of those that I started liking upon hearing 21st CB for the first few times. Must be one of my favorites off that album.

And, does anyone have any link(s) to video(s) where the band talks about this song?

Posted

I do wish this song would get played live again one day. The solo would be incredible live

Posted

This song is really awesome. The 'Know your enemy' before the solo gets me everytime!

Posted

Mike Dirnt: “Restless Heart Syndrome” was about the “government-regulated emotions” allowed through prescription drugs, implicitly some of the mood and anxiety-related meds.

He seemed wary of the nation’s increasing dependence on such drugs:

“On the one hand you might be killing off old nightmares, but you could end up killing your dreams instead,” Dirnt said.

This song has been on my regular stream of songs I listen to. I am struggling with Insomnia and anxiety I hate that feeling of not being able to help myself and just sleep! and "It's got me begging on my hands and knees" and I feel like I am sabotaging my own self and my own well being. I struggle with not wanting to get on medication (as i do have an addictive personalityand then feeling ) vs. being exhausted day after day.

This song is just pure Music Therapy for me. It epitomizes my love for Green Day. It makes me not feel so alone and so different from other people. It's like Billie is singing what I could never put into words myself.

Posted

I love this song, it's so sad, powerful and possessive.

The sentence "Know your enemy..." followed by an emotionally loaded guitar solo gives a whole new different meaning to the song "Know Your Enemy" which is the third track on "21st Century Breakdown". KYE gave you the idea the government being your enemy and has a energetic, happy and rebel vibe. But as soon as the line "Know your enemy..." is dropped on RHS the perspective changes completely, showing that you are your own worst enemy.

The guitar solo is an emotional atom bomb.

And after the solo comes in the second (or third?) "I'm elated... Medicated, I am my own worst enemy... So what ails you... Is what impales you, you are your own worst enemy" shows distress in BJA's voice.

The song leaves you with intense feelings of desperation and anger all combined, which are quickly cured with "Horseshoes And Handgrenades"'s "I don't give a fuck" attitude.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's a great song. I never heard just the vocals. Thank you for including that. And great job on the write-up. It was interesting.

Posted

This song and its solo are pure genius coupled with condensed awesomeness and badassness, nuff said. Please forgive me for any grammar mistakes I can explain later. Nuff said (for real this time)

Posted

I love this song, it's so sad, powerful and possessive.

The sentence "Know your enemy..." followed by an emotionally loaded guitar solo gives a whole new different meaning to the song "Know Your Enemy" which is the third track on "21st Century Breakdown". KYE gave you the idea the government being your enemy and has a energetic, happy and rebel vibe. But as soon as the line "Know your enemy..." is dropped on RHS the perspective changes completely, showing that you are your own worst enemy.

The guitar solo is an emotional atom bomb.

And after the solo comes in the second (or third?) "I'm elated... Medicated, I am my own worst enemy... So what ails you... Is what impales you, you are your own worst enemy" shows distress in BJA's voice.

The song leaves you with intense feelings of desperation and anger all combined, which are quickly cured with "Horseshoes And Handgrenades"'s "I don't give a fuck" attitude.

Great comment. Welcome to GDC btw. :)

Posted

amazing lyrics, amazing instruments, amazing melody, amazing rhythm; amazing song.