Idiot Nation contest-Your art could appear on the Jeff Matika Show

MaraGreenDay

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, please, could you tell me when is the deadline? I'm not a part of Idiot Nation anymore, but I might consider to join it again because of this, but it depends on the time they give us, I can't work only on this at the moment, I have other things -damn university- to do, so I need a good amount of time!

Booo I was a member till last month :(

Also, please, could you post your entries here, too? I'm super excited to see them :)

I was excited about this then I saw the rules :lol:

I don't know if I should or not draw something... I think it'll be better for comic/cartoon artists! But I can't wait to see the ones they choose. :lol:

Do you guys think you can send multiple submissions? It doesn't say you can't...but I don't want to make my first email null and void by sending another just in case.

Are there only drawings allowed?

I think so! :o "1)Your artwork must include portraits or drawings of band members" :sherlock: but it doesn't say what kind of drawing/ painting (digital drawing, pencil drawing... etc) so... :)

Do you guys think you can send multiple submissions? It doesn't say you can't...but I don't want to make my first email null and void by sending another just in case.

THIS! :o

I wanted to ask the same question! I think we can.... but I'm not sure :unsure:

I think so! :o "1)Your artwork must include portraits or drawings of band members" :sherlock: but it doesn't say what kind of drawing/ painting (digital drawing, pencil drawing... etc) so... :)

:cry: I had this awesome photoshop design in my mind :(

Grab some paper and try to draw

:ninja:

Guys, please, could you tell me when is the deadline? I'm not a part of Idiot Nation anymore, but I might consider to join it again because of this, but it depends on the time they give us, I can't work only on this at the moment, I have other things -damn university- to do, so I need a good amount of time!

Booo I was a member till last month :(

Also, please, could you post your entries here, too? I'm super excited to see them :)

6 days left Aug 16th

I would definitely enter if I were part of IN. :(

Oh well, good luck to all entrants! :D

The band as animals. :wub: :wub: :wub: That is lovely, 'cause I had an idea for a long time now but I'm a basket case of art, drawing, etc :fool:

Jeff Matika posted on the Idiot Club!

"Just choose one - not all three together.

XOJM"

:D

im gonna be creative and do all three anyways :)

I am so disappointed I'm not an Idiot Nation member :( I could've done a Jason dinosaur

I think the criteria for this are just absolutely ridiculous. It should just be any kind of fan art the person chooses to submit! But... I did do something for this. I drew Billie Joe Sharkstrong! ;)

I'll post it tomorrow in my art thread after I get enough light to take a picture. :D

Jeff Matika posted on the Idiot Club!

"Just choose one - not all three together.

XOJM"

:D

He also wrote this

"Pencil, crayon, collage, photoshop, whatever. Just make it awesome. Submit more than one if you want. That doesn't make your chances more likely of getting selected. If anything, it makes it less likely. My advice is spend some time on it and submit your one best piece. The media is up to you. You choose one of the settings. Boom. Art.

But remember...your great art may get you toasted, Your not so great art may get you roasted (publicly). Also, you're freaking out. Just relax and have some fun!

JM"

Just sent in my drawing! :woot: This is exciting!

I'm already working on something. :sherlock: I'm not sure if my idea is so great that's why I make 2 different drawings :runaround: DAMN I CAN NEVER DECIDE

I'm having second thoughts on this... I really don't feel like having my art publicly 'roasted' by members of the band...

*sighs* Besides, I don't think I can get what I want to do done in only 6 days when I work full time... All 6 band members (plus one as an animal), a 50's celeb, a historical event, and 2 panels... Fully outlined and colored... *headdesk* WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!

It doesn't help that I'm getting pressure from people to do this...

Maybe I'll half ass it so they don't choose mine. LOL!

*grumps*

I'm having second thoughts on this... I really don't feel like having my art publicly 'roasted' by members of the band...

*sighs* Besides, I don't think I can get what I want to do done in only 6 days when I work full time... All 6 band members (plus one as an animal), a 50's celeb, a historical event, and 2 panels... Fully outlined and colored... *headdesk* WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!

It doesn't help that I'm getting pressure from people to do this...

Maybe I'll half ass it so they don't choose mine. LOL!

*grumps*

oh no! :(:hug:

What if you only draw one member + historical event + celeb? That would be less work!

OR: only pick one of the 2) choices? :( I remember you once drew a Billie kitty and it was adorable <3

GAHHH :runaround:

yes... the "roasting" part scares me! They're gonna be super mean! :cry::mellow:

oh no! :(:hug:

What if you only draw one member + historical event + celeb? That would be less work!

OR: only pick one of the 2) choices? :( I remember you once drew a Billie kitty and it was adorable <3

GAHHH :runaround:

yes... the "roasting" part scares me! They're gonna be super mean! :cry::mellow:

I'm mostly frustrated because I can't draw Jason White.... HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE JASON! I can draw Billie, Mike, and Tre in my sleep... I've had years to work on them... Jason, Jason, and Jeff were kinda in my peripheral vision, and I never established a firm style for them...

As for the drawing itself, I'm kinda committed already... I've already got the guys down... Unless I want to completely start over... Which is possible, I suppose...

Yeah. I've decided to not enter a drawing this time. I'm not going to have time to get what I want done, and I don't want to half-ass something like this.

I'm wondering who will be doing the "roasting". :ermm: Will the boys be there or will it just be Jeff Matika, Jason Freese, and some other random people? I can't honestly see Billie being really mean about a fan's art. He's too nice. Maybe it will be like a mean side and a nice side or something, then Billie would be on the nice side. I want to know!! DDDDD:

Now I'm getting nervous! What if mine gets picked and they're really mean?! :o

I really, really need to do this! I have an idea, but I haven't drawn anything decent in YEARS... :ermm: Oh well, what's the harm in trying? :P

What I'm wondering, is are they going to pick ones that are legitimately good, or ones that are "Tre Cool Art Series"-esque, if you know what I mean? :lol:

Archived