Meeting Billie Joe Armstrong Q&A Video from girl who surfed with him in California

desertrose

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol it's the girl from the video xD i wasn't acting like a fangirl infront of him... I was actually super fucking shy. It was too an extreme level. You have no idea. but once I was on the ride home from meeting him... that's when i freaked out

Actually, I do have an idea, because I met him a few times before.

proof:

dyobas.gif

Don't blame you for freaking out. It's very surreal. I'm glad you kept your cool in front of him. I was just concerned about the whole you looking for him everywhere you go... when you say stuff like that, it sounds scary. I'm sure you just misspoke and aren't actually a crazy stalker, though.

whose lauren XD

I'm Lauren. I don't really think we look that much alike, though.

whose lauren XD

hey... people asked me to make a video out of it. And many people like it. And i wish that everyone who met him made a video, i think that would be awesome! XD I guess we're just different people then.

thanks ^-^

yes it meant the world to me. Thanks.

I didn't really wanna make it about me... other people wanted me to make this video. And i personally have always loved watching other people's videos of stories of meeting the band, so i saw nothing wrong with it. Please try to see this from my perspective... if you are as big of a fan as me, then you'd freak out about meeting him just as much.

definitely

what's your instagram name? o.0

thanks! Now if someone ever argues to me that Billie isn't a nice guy... I have a first hand experience to prove them wrong > :)

Don't listen to the people who are putting down the video. They are just jealous that you got to meet him and got to actually surf with him. Must have been an awesome experience. Even just saying hello to him. I always love meeting new people who have also met him. I was the same as you. I was so shy and really calm when I met him and then it hit me what had happened especially on my birthday back in 2011. Nothing will ever top that day and I bet you feel the same.

Actually, I do have an idea, because I met him a few times before.

proof:

dyobas.gif

Don't blame you for freaking out. It's very surreal. I'm glad you kept your cool in front of him. I was just concerned about the whole you looking for him everywhere you go... when you say stuff like that, it sounds scary. I'm sure you just misspoke and aren't actually a crazy stalker, though.

I'm Lauren. I don't really think we look that much alike, though.

I do look for him everywhere I go... just like keeping an eye out for him... but i don't really "stalk" him. That would be like finding out his address and following him and stuff lol. And you're right... it is super surreal. I still hardly believe it happened. and it's so rad that you met him too! I hope i can meet him again, and I probably will considering i surf at all the same beaches as him xD

? - why is he going surfing with a teenage girl?

randomly met him at the beach. There was like at least 20 other people in the water too. Yup.

Don't listen to the people who are putting down the video. They are just jealous that you got to meet him and got to actually surf with him. Must have been an awesome experience. Even just saying hello to him. I always love meeting new people who have also met him. I was the same as you. I was so shy and really calm when I met him and then it hit me what had happened especially on my birthday back in 2011. Nothing will ever top that day and I bet you feel the same.

Thank you, and yes I feel the same. Nothing beats meeting him, he really is my idol and it meant the world to me to even hear his real voice (as in not through a video or microphone!). When I went to my first Green Day concert in April I thought nothing would ever beat it, well, I was wrong.

• 1 year later...

Video from a year ago

11703191_10153233745863961_8358557715906

2w

shes_a_rebel13Umm. So. Blonde Billie? And I met MIKE DIRNT today(but didn't get a pic because he left before I got out of the water)?? And apparently TRE was also there but I didn't see him??? It's like my seventh grade self did some crazy black magic I forgot about. #billiejoearmstrong #greenday

She's cute!  That was fun to watch.  And wow, people are obsessed with his height and hair, that is too funny!  And the quote that should live on forever "It's like my seventh grade self did some crazy black magic I forgot about".  I might use that.  

She's cute!  

Of course when a woman does something the first compliment involves her looks... :rolleyes:

Of course when a woman does something the first compliment involves her looks... :rolleyes:

Well I actually meant her personality - if it were Billie making that video about meeting the girl, THAT would be a different story. 

**Edited to add:  I only objectify men ;-) 

I know you're trolling anyway, but as if the first compliment on here about Billie doing something doesn't involve his looks 90% of the time :P

I just love the way she kept her obsession (I think we can talk about obsession here, no shaming intended :P) to herself instead of attacking him like a rabid fangirl :lol: Nice self-control and moral fiber! Loved both her videos on the topic. 

Archived