Best Green Day Guitar Solos: Round 6 - Semi Finals

Fuzz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, fuck fuck fuck. Toughest choices D:

Hitching a Ride and Dry Ice.

If DRB wins, then my conspiracy of Green Day fans loving their longer songs just because they're long is partially true.

If DRB wins, then my conspiracy of Green Day fans loving their longer songs just because they're long is partially true.

Or maybe people just like its solo more? Save that theory for our "favorite long song just because they're long" tournament.

I don't think so, the solo of DRB is pretty interesting/unique/impressive. I don't know how technically good it is or anything but it really grabbed my attention the first time I heard the song, it's definitely one of their more memorable solos what with it almost sounding like it's out of an 80s hair metal song :lol:. I haven't even been voting for it but I think it does deserve its place here.

Sad that Fuck Time's gone. Let Yourself Go and Dry Ice it is!

I picked let yourself go and dirty rotten bastards which feels weird I picked both trilogy songs but I love those two specifically

I don't get why Let Yourself Go is this far into the tournament? it sounds like a run of the mill guitar solo to me. it doesn't really venture far from the rhythm of the whole song, which I think is the whole point of a solo. sure at the end of it, it kind of does a unique thing, but the majority of the solo is just, normal. I wouldn't have even put this solo in the top 15, let alone the top 4! but everyone has different tastes and opinions, I suppose.

I voted for Dry Ice and Let Yourself Go, I just think that they're the better solos, nothing to do with new/old albums. I mean one's from Uno and one's from 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours! :dance:

Voted for Hitchin' A Ride and Dry Ice in the end, but it was haaard :runaround:

So sad to see Fuck Time and One For The Razorbacks go though :(

Let Yourself Go vs Hitchin' a Ride was a hard decision. Ended up being Hitchin' a Ride. Dirty Rotten Bastards vs Dry Ice was a much easier decision. DRB won by a mile. Dry Ice's solo seems a little run of the mill.

To me the Hitchin' a Ride one is probably the most powerful solo in the context of the song. However, on its own, I don't think it would even make my top 10. So it depends on what I'm basing my vote on. Today, I chose to go with HaR. I will be voting for DRB to win it, though (if it makes it to the final).

YOU MEAN JUDGE'S DAUGHTER DIDN'T MAKE IT?? :o I'm thoroughly disappointed about that. But at least my fave, Dry Ice is still in. :happy: The other vote went to Hitchin' a Ride.

The DrB solo is awesome, but so is Dry Ice. I´m gonna go with drb because I think it´s more hard to play for them. Much faster finger-playing than Dry Ice.

Also the solo for Let Yourself Go is much better than Hitchin´a Ride.

I don't know how lyg and har made it this far. But lyg and dry ice it was.

Hitchin a Ride for sure, but i struggled so hard with the other one lol, still don't know which to vote :l

It's so hard.

I just voted in Let Yourself Go vs Hitchin' a Ride, because the DRB vs Dry Ice is so hard

Let Yourself Go and Dry Ice, definitely.

Sad that Fuck Time got eliminated though, I love that one :P

I'll go with the majority vote and say Dry Ice and Hitchin' A Ride.

I don't know how I'll choose between those two, actually. Dry Ice is technically the best solo they've ever recorded but it can't match the sheer energy of Hitchin' A Ride.

Archived