Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
We're having a photography contest where you guys send in a photo that describes what that time of year means to you. Only one week left to enter.

Photo

Metal Gear

- - - - - Game

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Iain

Iain
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Joined Jul 04, 2010
  • 1,138 rep
  • Location:Outside of my ass, unlike most people's heads on GDC.

Lately, I've been feeding my creed towards Metal Gear Solid (one of the best games I've ever played), and I've been gritting to get back into it lately. Potentially, my favourite video game ever is Metal Gear Solid 3; really, really great game. So, I thought I'd make a thread for it.

Any other Metal Gear fans on GDC? :P

iScottie

iScottie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts
  • Joined Sep 10, 2012
  • 4,921 rep

I've been a fan for almost all of my life. I've actually been attempting to Platinum all of the games, as I purchased The Legacy Collection a couple weeks ago despite already owning The HD Collection and all the regions of MGS4 standalone.

I actually haven't played Peace Walker or Portable Ops, but I've played all of the other games countless times, not to mention Metal Gear Online (I really miss it).

I platinumed Metal Gear Solid 3 last week on two playthroughs. I got everything except the no-kill trophy on the first run. As of right now, I'm doing the VR Missions on MGS2. I'm 94.1% with all of them and like I posted on another site, I'd rather play Russian Roulette with myself than doing the MGS1 Snake missions, ugh. Once that's done, I have to get the Dog Tags from Plant on Easy, Normal, Hard, and Extreme, beat all of the Snake Tales, and beat the game without any alerts and the Platinum is mine! :D

MGS2 used to be my favorite game, but I've played it so much now that I don't care for it as much anymore. MGS3 is probably my favorite, as it's the most solid (no pun intended) and has a vast area for exploration.

• Iain likes this

Iain

Iain
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Joined Jul 04, 2010
  • 1,138 rep

I've been a fan for almost all of my life. I've actually been attempting to Platinum all of the games, as I purchased The Legacy Collection a couple weeks ago despite already owning The HD Collection and all the regions of MGS4 standalone.

I actually haven't played Peace Walker or Portable Ops, but I've played all of the other games countless times, not to mention Metal Gear Online (I really miss it).

I platinumed Metal Gear Solid 3 last week on two playthroughs. I got everything except the no-kill trophy on the first run. As of right now, I'm doing the VR Missions on MGS2. I'm 94.1% with all of them and like I posted on another site, I'd rather play Russian Roulette with myself than doing the MGS1 Snake missions, ugh. Once that's done, I have to get the Dog Tags from Plant on Easy, Normal, Hard, and Extreme, beat all of the Snake Tales, and beat the game without any alerts and the Platinum is mine! :D

MGS2 used to be my favorite game, but I've played it so much now that I don't care for it as much anymore. MGS3 is probably my favorite, as it's the most solid (no pun intended) and has a vast area for exploration.

Good lord, I would not have the patience to do all that! Well done! XD

I would play 2, but I stopped part of the way as it was hard to find the time. Also, Raiden, ugh. :P

Yet to play 4 or Peace Walker, but hoping to get a console for the house soon and will be pre-ordering the Legacy Collection (it comes out in Europe in September).

Looking forward to MGS V though; though I'm hoping it will be out before summer 2014. MGS V looks fantastic, and I'm hoping it will fill all the loose ends towards the Outer Heaven uprising.

I will say, 3 is my favourite game as it's mostly a survival game, and you have to make use of the world around you, so it's a reason like that I'm looking forward to MGS V as it's open world.

BTW — good luck on those dog tags, I'm sure those will be fun to acquire.  ;)

iScottie

iScottie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,566 posts
  • Joined Sep 10, 2012
  • 4,921 rep

Good lord, I would not have the patience to do all that! Well done! XD

I would play 2, but I stopped part of the way as it was hard to find the time. Also, Raiden, ugh. :P

Yet to play 4 or Peace Walker, but hoping to get a console for the house soon and will be pre-ordering the Legacy Collection (it comes out in Europe in September).

Looking forward to MGS V though; though I'm hoping it will be out before summer 2014. MGS V looks fantastic, and I'm hoping it will fill all the loose ends towards the Outer Heaven uprising.

I will say, 3 is my favourite game as it's mostly a survival game, and you have to make use of the world around you, so it's a reason like that I'm looking forward to MGS V as it's open world.

BTW — good luck on those dog tags, I'm sure those will be fun to acquire.  ;)

I did almost all of the Dog Tags for the Tanker standalone in a day or two. It was rather quick and easy, but it got annoying, especially on Extreme. I really disliked the Olga fight - it honestly took me about 20 attempts.

When I said I played everything, I lied, as I have not played Metal Gear or Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. I wouldn't mind if they did an upgrade of the game. Did you know that Kojima talked recently about how he hopes he can get MGS1 remade with the Fox Engine? I think that would be pretty cool.

I really need to play Peace Walker and watch all of the gameplay for Portable Ops so I know the story post-MGS3. If I recall correctly, MGSV will touch upon not only the Outer Haven uprising, but the Les Enfants Terribles project.

On an old PSN, I had all of the Dog Tags on the Plant up until Hard (I missed two and couldn't be arsed to beat the Rays so I just gave up), but I'm going for the highest rank this time. I know everything that happens, so I mind as well challenge myself, you know? :P

Sperm

Sperm
  • Gone but not forgotten - FoREVer Jinx<3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2010
  • 4,064 rep

Snake snaaaaaaaaaake.

• John Aquino likes this

Iain

Iain
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Joined Jul 04, 2010
  • 1,138 rep

When I said I played everything, I lied, as I have not played Metal Gear or Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. I wouldn't mind if they did an upgrade of the game. Did you know that Kojima talked recently about how he hopes he can get MGS1 remade with the Fox Engine? I think that would be pretty cool.

I really need to play Peace Walker and watch all of the gameplay for Portable Ops so I know the story post-MGS3. If I recall correctly, MGSV will touch upon not only the Outer Haven uprising, but the Les Enfants Terribles project.

If you have MGS3 Subsistence, the HD Collection, or the legacy collection, MG1 and 2 are included with MGS3. :P

As for MGS1 being remade...I don't think I would mind that, but rather, I'd hope for a MG1 and 2 remake in Fox Engine as one game. That would be a great remake; let alone another MGS1 remake (see: The Twin Snakes).

MGSV takes place after Peace Walker, so it's essential you get through Peace Walker, and I believe MGSV will touch on that subject as it takes place 2–3 years after the project started (MGSV = 1975, LET = 1972). However, Kojima stated before that Liquid will have an influence in the series at some point, and many people believe believe he will appear in The Phantom Pain portion of the game.

Are you aware of the Kiefer Sutherland conspiracy in speculation of MGSV? That's a really fun thing going on. :P

!

!
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Joined Aug 03, 2012
  • 379 rep

I haven't played Metal Gear since Metal Gear Solid III. I got stuck on one part, and never looked back

iScottie

iScottie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,566 posts
  • Joined Sep 10, 2012
  • 4,921 rep

If you have MGS3 Subsistence, the HD Collection, or the legacy collection, MG1 and 2 are included with MGS3. :P

As for MGS1 being remade...I don't think I would mind that, but rather, I'd hope for a MG1 and 2 remake in Fox Engine as one game. That would be a great remake; let alone another MGS1 remake (see: The Twin Snakes).

MGSV takes place after Peace Walker, so it's essential you get through Peace Walker, and I believe MGSV will touch on that subject as it takes place 2–3 years after the project started (MGSV = 1975, LET = 1972). However, Kojima stated before that Liquid will have an influence in the series at some point, and many people believe believe he will appear in The Phantom Pain portion of the game.

Are you aware of the Kiefer Sutherland conspiracy in speculation of MGSV? That's a really fun thing going on. :P

Yeah, I just haven't gotten around to playing them :P

Also, I'm not really sure what the conspiracy is. Sutherland is voicing an older Big Boss, yes?

John Aquino

John Aquino
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined May 20, 2013
  • 15 rep

I haven't played Metal Gear since Metal Gear Solid III. I got stuck on one part, and never looked back

Did you get stuck on that part with the old sniper guy? Cause if you stop playing for a while then play again after a few months he just dies haha.

WebRep
Overall rating

• Iain likes this

!

!
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Joined Aug 03, 2012
  • 379 rep

Did you get stuck on that part with the old sniper guy? Cause if you stop playing for a while then play again after a few months he just dies haha.

WebRep
Overall rating

I have no clue. I was a kid when that game came out. It's been years since I played it.

Drop Dead Hideous

Drop Dead Hideous
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Joined Sep 03, 2010
  • 525 rep

iScottie, you should play Peace Walker right away. I thought it wouldn't be that great because it's for the PSP but I was proven wrong :P It's one of the best metal gears so far ^^ Portable Ops is meh.

Iain

Iain
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Joined Jul 04, 2010
  • 1,138 rep

Yeah, I just haven't gotten around to playing them :P

Also, I'm not really sure what the conspiracy is. Sutherland is voicing an older Big Boss, yes?

Yes, but apparently it could be one massive trolling by Kojima. I wouldn't mind if Sutherland was voicing Big Boss, but anything can happen in the world of Metal Gear. Everyone is so unsure if David Hayter will not be voicing Big Boss like he has done since Metal Gear Solid, there's a lot to notice here and it seems that Kojima, Hayter, Arad, and Sutherland are making one massive ploy to delude the fans.

Watch this first if you haven't.

Then this video, you will notice some interesting things (note: ignore the massive annotation; the Gray Fox theory is interesting but it's flawed and possibly spoils): 

I'm unsure if it all adds up, but wow, all of this is fucking awesome. :P

yuridookie

yuridookie
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Joined Sep 12, 2012
  • 285 rep

I Love this game 

Justin

Justin
  • Hard Don

• 2,183 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2009
  • 1,293 rep

I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear series, Metal Gear Solid was probably one of the best games of that generation. Truly unique and amazing.

I bought the HD Collection last year just to play them on the PS3 with ease and oh man i forgot how challenging these games were. Sons Of Liberty on extreme mode was such an endurance. 

Story line wise, Snake Eater was amazing, just the whole idea behind it and the open play, the new one is going to be so great.

• Iain and Drop Dead Hideous like this

iScottie

iScottie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,566 posts
  • Joined Sep 10, 2012
  • 4,921 rep

Yeah...MGS1 Snake's missions are impossibly hard.

I cannot beat that Variety 1 mission with the sniping. I did somehow get 93% done with all of his missions. All I'm missing is the three Variety missions and the last three Hold Up missions.

Advertising

Iain

Iain
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Joined Jul 04, 2010
  • 1,138 rep

Story line wise, Snake Eater was amazing, just the whole idea behind it and the open play, the new one is going to be so great.

I tried MGS2 for a bit, but MGS3, OH MY FUCKING GOD. It just felt so open, and I'm really looking forward to MGSV. I'm hoping this might be the last new one (since Kojima is indeciesive as hell, and dragging the series can be not fun sometimes), but I'm really amazed with what they achieved with the FOX Engine.

=================================================

At the moment, I've nearly finished my second run on normal in MGS1 (Infinite Ammo Bandana!), but I'd like to try Hard or Extreme. I've gotten used to a lot of things, but I'd love to give a non-radar difficulty a try.

This guy managed to do an entire Big Boss run, and he's fucking amazing at it.

iScottie

iScottie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,566 posts
  • Joined Sep 10, 2012
  • 4,921 rep

VR is officially done. Day has been made.

Iain

Iain
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Joined Jul 04, 2010
  • 1,138 rep

VR is officially done. Day has been made.

Part of the reason I want MGS: Legacy Collection. VR Missions look amazing, especially the Ninja ones.

iScottie

iScottie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,566 posts
  • Joined Sep 10, 2012
  • 4,921 rep

After beating the game 8 or more times, struggling with Extreme on both sections of the game, completing almost 600 VR missions, completing all of the Snake Tales, and doing all of the misc. side things, the platinum for MGS2 is finally mine!

• Iain likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users