Round 3: Best Green Day guitar solos

Fuzz

That HAS to be longview, doesn't it?

DUUUUDDEEEE... Are you forgetting about No One Knows??? That shit was GENIUS. Just unreal. idk, that would have my vote easy haha. Not to say that Longview isn't legendary as well. But then theres the ever popular yet simple and kickass bassline to She.... fuck, this needs to be a contest!

Worry Rock couse all this new stuff is to complex. If I would want to listen annoying guitar solos I would listen to slash. I don't know I like the simple tune like in "Ha Ha You're Dead" but I don't know why it's not on the list.

Too complex? Annoying? I dont know, I disagree completely. I think what makes solos like in Dirty Rotten Bastards and Dry Ice so unique and exciting is the fact that Billie is actually showing off his skills for once. He is such an underrated guitar player but as we all know he is soooo incredibly talented. And to me, those two solos convey the type of mood and emotion that are PERFECT for those two songs. DRB gets me pumped up and its a great transition into the next section of the song (musically speaking) and Dry Ice is similar musically, but that's one of few solos that actually affect me emotionally (I'm generally a sucker for a good harmony).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dirty Rotten Bastards is a dumb song in my opinion and I think it can eat pigeon shit. (In my opinion)

It's an awesome song, although completely out of context, but still awesome.

(BTW I remember the nipple spam :D)

DUUUUDDEEEE... Are you forgetting about No One Knows??? That shit was GENIUS. Just unreal. idk, that would have my vote easy haha. Not to say that Longview isn't legendary as well. But then theres the ever popular yet simple and kickass bassline to She.... fuck, this needs to be a contest!

SHIT! How could i forget that!?! However I don't think a lot of songs from after AI will make the cut. Apart from maybe 3 or 4 from the trilogy..

I think we should be able to see the amount of votes before voting this round so we can actually save the ones in need of votes instead of betting on Dry Ice and other favourites already getting enough anyway.

I also realised Restless Heart Syndrome is gone... It's kind of similar to Hitchin a Ride, so if there's one of them in the contest I'm happy enough :lol: I'm seeing it was against Let Yourself Go so... okay :lol:

By the way, the list you posted of the songs remaining (the one with the songs in brakets) is not updated, half of the ones that are down as "Round 2" are the ones that remained after round 1, that moved into round 2, but now under "Round 3" there should be the ones that remained after round 2, and there's nothing there. It's a bit confusing, because it makes you think that you have to wait until round 3 is over to put the results in "Round 3", and they would actually go in "Round 4". I hope I'm making sense.

It was a tough decision but I broke it down to just Dry Ice and Only of You. ONLY OF YOU FTW!

It was really hard just to chose one solo but I went with "Fuck Time" it just sounds dirty, grimy and just pure sex. I don't read or make music but I know what I like and what I don't and that sounded amazing! Not to close behind was "Dry Ice" because that was old school Green Day and its something you don't hear live anymore.

Since you wankers voted X-Kid out, I had to go with that nasty motherfucker known as Fuck Time!

Had to go with Dry Ice. But Waiting deserves a special mention.

You know, I was going to go with Judges Daughter, but right before then i heard Dirty Rotten Bastards, and I completely forgot how insanely awesome it was.

WHERE'S ROUND FOUR!1!!1!!1!??!?!??!??!!11!!!11!1!!!one!!11!

SHIT! How could i forget that!?! However I don't think a lot of songs from after AI will make the cut. Apart from maybe 3 or 4 from the trilogy..

very true

I think I'm always gonna go with Hitchin' A Ride

Archived