Round 3: Best Green Day guitar solos

Fuzz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to go with Hitchin' a Ride. That solo is just so freaking intense and I never get tired of it whenever I hear it.

I chose The Judge's Daughter after thinking about it for quite some time. Ended up with the fact that I could never only decide for one and really mean it, though. :lol:

If you guys had included the solo from Cigarettes and Valentines, we wouldn't have to just pick one.

If you guys had included the solo from Cigarettes and Valentines, we wouldn't have to just pick one.

I ended up voting for Hitchin a Ride after my own nomination of solos :P I love that part of the song so much, not only because of the guitar line, but it's a huge part, it's like a scream that liberates someone who's mad... or something like that. Anyway, I think it's brilliant :lol: Next to The Judges Daughter, Dry Ice, DRB, Fuck Time and Whatsername (I can't believe that one is gone...)

I have a solution to the "it's too hard to just choose one" issue.

Wait for it....

Don't vote this round and then jump back on next round when it's 1-vs-1 again! :D

Just kidding, if everyone did that it would lead to an even bigger problem when it comes time to move on to the next round.

Your sig :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes we would have. We had 92 songs. If every round drops by half, we'd need to have 128 songs to have a full 1v1 tournament all the way to the finals. So having 93 wouldn't have helped in anyway. Our other option was to cut some out so we could just start at 64, but we knew people would bitch if some song wasn't included.

Yes we would have. We had 92 songs. If every round drops by half, we'd need to have 128 songs to have a full 1v1 tournament all the way to the finals. So having 93 wouldn't have helped in anyway. Our other option was to cut some out so we could just start at 64, but we knew people would bitch if some song wasn't included.

quite eager to know,which song did you vote? :P

Sorry, dude, I'm bad at math. :lol:

Did 21 Guns seriously beat Rusty James? :mad:

-edit- I voted for Letterbomb

They actually have guitar solos in there songs rather than just bridging the chorus over when he doesn't sing :mellow:

You learn more everyday I guess :P

"I want to play a game with you..." cit. Andres

No, seriously, it was REALLY tough to choose between DRB and Fuck Time, but I went with Fuck Time (although my heart no longer exists since I voted against DRB :cry: :cry: :cry:)

Dry Ice all the way. Tbh, DRB sucks monkey cock

NEVER.

SAY.

THAT.

AGAIN.

I ended up voting for Hitchin a Ride after my own nomination of solos :P I love that part of the song so much, not only because of the guitar line, but it's a huge part, it's like a scream that liberates someone who's mad... or something like that. Anyway, I think it's brilliant :lol: Next to The Judges Daughter, Dry Ice, DRB, Fuck Time and Whatsername (I can't believe that one is gone...)

Your sig :lol: :lol: :lol:

:) Glad you like it, haha.

BTW, I voted for Hitchin' A Ride too. :D

I cannot believe 21 Guns made it this far. It's really more of a lead part than a solo, and it's from [arguably] the group's weakest track.

I went with Judge's Daughter. It's melodic, but still a kick-ass bluesy jam-out solo.

Still doesn't work in Firefox (using XP) for me. I'll have to get on another computer or download Chrome tomorrow maybe.

Wow this is really difficult. Do I go with the awesome face melting DRB, the iconic Waiting, the heavy-hearted Letterbomb, the passionate Dry Ice, or Fuck Time with those thrusting slides?

"I want to play a game with you..." cit. Andres

No, seriously, it was REALLY tough to choose between DRB and Fuck Time, but I went with Fuck Time (although my heart no longer exists since I voted against DRB :cry: :cry: :cry:)

NEVER.

SAY.

THAT.

AGAIN.

Dirty Rotten Bastards is a dumb song in my opinion and I think it can eat pigeon shit. (In my opinion)

It might have been easier to vote for the one to knock out of the round. Choosing a favourite is so much harder than choosing a least favourite. Loving this tournament, though. I hope you guys plan to do more of these. Best bass lines next, perhaps?

That HAS to be longview, doesn't it?

Archived