Round 3: Best Green Day guitar solos

Fuzz

We're now at round 3 in our best Green Day guitar solos. This round left us with 23 songs (down from 92 in round 1). Because of the odd number, round 3 will be a poll with all 23 songs left. You guys get to vote for ONE song that you think should advance to the round of 16.

Listen to the solos and vote here

(updated bracket will come tomorrow, after I'd had some sleep.)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOTTA end up being Dirty Rotten Bastards vs. Dry Ice (if it comes down to a one-on-one matchup) ! :D thats my opinion anyway haha

Wow, that was the hardest decision of my life. Lol. I ended up deciding on Worry Rock, Idk. Dry Ice would come in second for sure but I guess I've listened to it to many times.

I have a solution to the "it's too hard to just choose one" issue.

Wait for it....

Don't vote this round and then jump back on next round when it's 1-vs-1 again! :D

Just kidding, if everyone did that it would lead to an even bigger problem when it comes time to move on to the next round.

Worry Rock couse all this new stuff is to complex. If I would want to listen annoying guitar solos I would listen to slash. I don't know I like the simple tune like in "Ha Ha You're Dead" but I don't know why it's not on the list.

It might have been easier to vote for the one to knock out of the round. Choosing a favourite is so much harder than choosing a least favourite. Loving this tournament, though. I hope you guys plan to do more of these. Best bass lines next, perhaps?

It's gonna be intense as fuck when Dirty Rotten Bastards vs. Dry Ice will ever come true. It's like the collision of frost and flame,dudes. The future versus the past. It's gonna be the battle of the century.

Man, I didn't think I was going to only be able to pick just one in this round (>_<) I think that i spent like 45mins to an hour going through and playing them all and knocking a few off each time... When I finally got down to the last 5 songs I could no longer justify knocking any off so I went with the one that I think will most need my vote to move on: Static Age

(The last 5 songs I was down to were: Holiday, Jesus of Suburbia, Give Me Novacaine, Waiting, & Static Age)

Also I was shocked to see some of the outcomes from round 2, at least one song I was sure would make it to the final 4 got knocked out

The Judge's Daughter has always been my favorite solo (next to My Generation :P), so I had a pretty easy choice :D

Would have been much harder if it didn't make the cut though.

Voted for Judge's Daughter, not because it's my favorite (impossible to choose) but because I want it to advance to the next round. Dry Ice and DRB, for example, will easily advance.

Having a hard time between Dry Ice and Fuck Time. Oh, and One For The Razorbacks. And Dirty Rotten Bastards :runaround:

For me it was between the Judge's Daughter and Dirty Rotten Bastards, but I went for DRB in the end. They should narrow it down to 10, then do five more 1v1's, and then have it down to just 2 at the end.

omg just one? how is that possible? :runaround: This is really hard, I think I'll have to do eenie meenie miney moe on this one.

Archived