SOTW "Rusty James"

Mr Panda

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a classy sounding song! It has a real classic feel to it, great catchy chorus and straightforward, solid music with an awesome retro guitar solo and an epic ending with that repeated chorus and outro. And paired with brilliant bitter lyrics about the punk scene the band are from and their relation to it. It actually isn't one of my favourites from Uno but that's just because there's so many other fantastic songs on there that I like even more! Even though it's not my favourite I can see why it's a popular one, it just sounds like a classic song.

the punchy sound and BJ's lyrics truly makes the song a standout.

That's really interesting! I love S. E. Hinton's stuff. It's awesome how literature can still make an impact on other media. Holden Caulfield and Rusty James are incredibly memorable.

That's really interesting! I love S. E. Hinton's stuff. It's awesome how literature can still make an impact on other media. Holden Caulfield and Rusty James are incredibly memorable.

yeah...Holden Caulfield too.

Epic examples.

Rusty James has some of the best lyrics out of the trilogy, Billie uses great metaphors and imagery from the book to express his feelings about the old days. Also, I love SE Hinton so it's cool that Billie reads her too. They're the reason I read Catcher In The Rye

This song is... sad. Talking about being the last "gang in town" and that stuff, reminds me of someone...
Is it completely based on the book? 'cause I know I read about it somewhere, but I can't remember.

I'd have like it to be the last track on ¡UNO!, instead of Oh Love. I like it when records finish with a sad or soppy song, or with slow melody, even when that breaks my heart :(

This song is... sad. Talking about being the last "gang in town" and that stuff, reminds me of someone...

Is it completely based on the book? 'cause I know I read about it somewhere, but I can't remember.

I'd have like it to be the last track on ¡UNO!, instead of Oh Love. I like it when records finish with a sad or soppy song, or with slow melody, even when that breaks my heart :(

Yep the fact is also given in GDA.

And i agree,i would have also liked seeing it as a closing track.

Archived