Batgirl

Formula 1

mechanicalman

It's understandable I guess, one of my mates is a huge Kobayashi fan and he doesn't really give a shit about races any more. And whenever Hamilton's DNFed or chilling at the back I quickly lose interest.

Alf

I mean, this guy drier for 15-16 years, he should win an award!

actually 19 years!

but even on the season when he was driving for Brawn GP, that he had the greatest car on his hands, he took a lesson from Jenson Button.. and that was the only season he had real chances to win the championship.. he knows a lot about racing and how the f1 works but it's just it.. sometimes you need to have more lucky than skills.

John Aquino

Loved watching F1 back in the day. I still keep up today with what's going on I just don't watch races as much cuz it's always early in the morning. I used to live in Philippines so it was on at 7pm usually n much easier to watch as opposed to 7am. Kinda stopped keeping up When Schumacher retired I started keeping up again in 2010. Vettel is a beast n I'm glad Kimi is back too :). Oh n btw I use to HATE Montoya I think he's in NASCAR now lol

mechanicalman

Montoya was great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zEnO_KwDg

Bastard of 1969

Loved watching F1 back in the day. I still keep up today with what's going on I just don't watch races as much cuz it's always early in the morning. I used to live in Philippines so it was on at 7pm usually n much easier to watch as opposed to 7am. Kinda stopped keeping up When Schumacher retired I started keeping up again in 2010. Vettel is a beast n I'm glad Kimi is back too :). Oh n btw I use to HATE Montoya I think he's in NASCAR now lol

Lol, yea, but he broke world record in driving Formula 1 (i mean speed). It was 371,6 km/h, or something? Dunno.

John Aquino

Montoya was great!

LOL that video was funny check this out

Lol, yea, but he broke world record in driving Formula 1 (i mean speed). It was 371,6 km/h, or something? Dunno.

I don't know I wouldn't be surprised if he did though, I'm guessing he did it in the BMW? that car was really fast haha.

WebRep

Overall rating

Edited by Sarcasm
delete youtube videos from quotes

Bastard of 1969

LOL that video was funny check this out

I don't know I wouldn't be surprised if he did though, I'm guessing he did it in the BMW? that car was really fast haha.

WebRep

Overall rating

No, I think he did it in Toyota. Edited by Sarcasm
remove youtube videos from quotes

mechanicalman

He did it at Monza in 2005 in that brilliantly unreliable McLaren MP4-20.

John Aquino

He did it at Monza in 2005 in that brilliantly unreliable McLaren MP4-20.

Oh ok yeah that it would make sense that it happened in Monza. Ferrari was so bad that year haha.

WebRep
Overall rating

Bastard of 1969

Oh ok yeah that it would make sense that it happened in Monza. Ferrari was so bad that year haha.

WebRep
Overall rating

Ferrari is bad now.

mechanicalman

They're not that bad, just been left behind in the development race. Spa should be ok for them and they're always strong at Monza.

Bastard of 1969

They're not that bad, just been left behind in the development race. Spa should be ok for them and they're always strong at Monza.

Technically, their engine will be the weakest in 2014. If Alonso and Massa wouldn't drive for them, they would be weak as...i don't know...Caterham?

Alan86

The latest news about Michael Schumachers Skiing accident is terrible, I hope he can pull through

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24191/9092717/michael-schumacher-critical-after-skiing-accident-in-french-alps

Michael Schumacher 'critical' and in a coma after skiing accident

Seven-time Champion suffered 'severe head trauma' in French Alps

Alan86

Latest news is that he's conscious, which is great.

That report came out earlier today and there were conflicting reports to that too, It then came out in the last few hours he has had brain surgury, his condition has gotten worse and he has gone into a coma. He is most definitely in a coma at this moment, unfortunately.

Alan86

Schumacher is slowly being brought out of his induced coma. Hoping everything goes positively for him in his recovery. Still positive news after a month of nothing.

IlariaIDIOT

I read today Schumi is on his way to wake up! Come on Schumi :lol:

Bastard of 1969

Off of Schumacher, new cars look ugly. Especially caterham. Ugliest cars ever (after 70's period.)

• Like 1

Alan86

Off of Schumacher, new cars look ugly. Especially caterham. Ugliest cars ever (after 70's period.)

Yup all the cars with a Penis on the Front look really bad. The Mercedes isn't that bad, the Ferrari and Red Bull are Ok and the Lotus is interesting. The rest are just pathetic looking especially like you said the Caterham. Its interesting to see how bad Red Bull have been so far.

Ste.A

I find the lotus 'nose' and front wing to be quite interesting. I hope they keep it and run with it, looks better than half the ones the others came up with. The caterham just looks pathetic really, like they couldn't come up with an idea so just shoved a pipe on it to get it lower.

euphoric-pareidolias

A lot of us on my course think Mercedes will win championship this year. Definitely interested to see how well the nose designs work out, especially for the likes of Lotus and Merc etc who've taken a less dramatic approach

Bastard of 1969

Just gonna ask myself: How can this be beautiful?

dms1428ja469.jpg

This was for me the best-looking car ever.

Webber_usgp_2004.jpg

euphoric-pareidolias

image004.jpg

I personally love the cars from the late 90's, early 2000's. Aerodynamically they're beautiful and yet still chunky and substantial enough to portray the power of them..

But, as we were told in one lecture before, you can't un-learn all the aerodynamic and engineering advances, and Ross Brawn even said at a talk here that F1 is going to continue along the progression of aero. Shame though, as it means losing the beauty of the cars.

Bastard of 1969

image004.jpg

I personally love the cars from the late 90's, early 2000's. Aerodynamically they're beautiful and yet still chunky and substantial enough to portray the power of them..

But, as we were told in one lecture before, you can't un-learn all the aerodynamic and engineering advances, and Ross Brawn even said at a talk here that F1 is going to continue along the progression of aero. Shame though, as it means losing the beauty of the cars.

I so miss those early 00's cars.

This one is from 1994. but look at it. That beauty...

Benetton_B_194_4841.JPG

Libertine Angel

Why did this thread disappear?

Anyway, what do people think about the accusations of Rosberg cheating in the Monaco qualifying (deliberately stopping to cause the yellow flag so Hamilton wouldn't get pole)?