Ever worried that meeting/seeing Green Day would ruin your impression of them?

David Of Suburbia

whenever i met tre he wasn't really very nice but it doesn't bother me. i'm happy to have met him at all and he wasn't super rude or anything so it's fine.

idk though, i am kind of terrified of meeting billie though just because i think i'd be so nervous i would pee my pants and/or completely blank out on what to say, which is kind of what happened whenever i met tre. if billie wasn't nice to me it would probably break my poor little heart :lol: i've always thought that mike would be the "easiest" to meet just because he seems like a talker and i wouldn't have to rack my brain as much to think of what to say. it would really probably just take them being all out complete dicks to make me not like them or something.

Why wasn't Tre very nice?

that being said, jason freese is cool as fuck. i've met him a couple of times and he was really personable and easy to talk to.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't!

Of course I have a good impression of them, but I don't have such high expectations to when/if I meet them. Because I'm pretty sure if I was them I wouldn't be super excited to meet an annoying fan :lol:

But I've heard stories of fans meeting them and they all had a great time, which is awesome! :)

It doesn't surprise me at all that Tré is the "shy" one. I think I got my impressions right over the years after all!

I'd love to meet Jason Freese! From what people have said, he seems like the coolest and nicest guy ever. Too bad I'm really awkward, I wouldn't be able to talk at all, but still. :D

I've actually considered that if I did have a rather bad meeting with anyone I'd call them the punjabi word for sister fucker. But then I don't think I'd have the balls, even if they don't understand. :lol:

bhenchod

Yes. Which is why I don't intend to ever try to meet them.

There are two factors that dictate how well a meeting with Green Day (or anyone, for that matter) goes: their mood and your interpersonal skills, the second of which can have a positive impact on the first.

Since I'm a socially awkward and sensitive little shit, I don't think I would handle the situation or their bad reaction very well.

But live? Not a worry in the world. They always deliver on stage.

I feel the same :lol:

If I was one of those lucky people that sees and meets them while they're out and about in various cities I'd probably turn around and run away. And then I would hate myself for the rest of my life.

Yes!!! :D aur kutha ka bacha

It's not exactly a punjabi word anymore.It's used all over India, in all languages.It's a part of our secular freedom.:P

Kutte ka bacha too :P

Is madarchod an offence in pakistan? :P

I feel the same :lol:

If I was one of those lucky people that sees and meets them while they're out and about in various cities I'd probably turn around and run away. And then I would hate myself for the rest of my life.

Yeah, I'd definitely run a mile if I was about to bump into them.

Wait, what if you got stuck in front of them in a shop queue? :mellow:

No escape. :ninja:

It's not exactly a punjabi word anymore.It's used all over India, in all languages.It's a part of our secular freedom.:P

Kutte ka bacha too :P

Is madarchod an offence in pakistan? :P

In some places, yeah. It's not as common as bhenchod, but I'd still use it on them, hypothetically speaking.

Yeah, I'd definitely run a mile if I was about to bump into them.

Wait, what if you got stuck in front of them in a shop queue? :mellow:

No escape. :ninja:

And you're wearing a Green Day shirt because destiny just wants to make sure they notice you're a fan. :lol:

Or what if they tap on your shoulder because they need something, like a lighter or tissues or whatever. :mellow:

Sounds like a horror movie to me.

In some places, yeah. It's not as common as bhenchod, but I'd still use it on them, hypothetically speaking.

We've got a lot of catching up to do.

And you're wearing a Green Day shirt because destiny just wants to make sure they notice you're a fan. :lol:

Or what if they tap on your shoulder because they need something, like a lighter or tissues or whatever. :mellow:

Sounds like a horror movie to me.

This is why I'm never going to take my only Green Day T shirt out of my city. It's way too risky.

As for being tapped on the shoulder...I don't think I'd be able to speak properly or stop staring *shudders*

We've got a lot of catching up to do.

Maybe I should join the Indian club, even if I'm not technically Indian. The cultures are close enough! :lol:

Maybe I should join the Indian club, even if I'm not technically Indian. The cultures are close enough! :lol:

YOU SHOULD.It's a fun place, trust me.It would be an honour to have you! :lol:

Nah, even if they were rude to me how could I really blame them? They meet hundreds of fans who often invade their privacy without any consideration for how they might feel, yet are still polite to most of them. Fame isn't the easiest thing in the world and they have problems like all of us, so they're going to have some bad days. It doesn't mean they're assholes.

I'm sure I'd eventually explode at someone if I couldn't go outside without getting asked for a photo :lol:

no, because maybe i got no chance to meet them, and i guess they are human like us, just hope they don't be scared of me as i don't know what i would do :lol:

I would be very afraid, but I'm always easily afraid of anything at all. I would be very nervous and I don't think I could handle it if I catch them in a bad mood...

No, I trhibnk it could depend how one might treat them and how they would react. I'd kill me to meet Billie and have him be an ass or something, but he seems nice, I'd like to think he really is. Also, I've heard from a lot of people who met MIke that he's really cool. :)

I've thought about it and sometimes it does worry me, but I've heard and seen fan encounters and they are nothing but nice, so I don't think I have anything to worry about :D

No, even If they'd kick my ass and tell me to fuck off.. I mean If I am allowed to be a moody bitch everytime I feel like one why wouldn't they?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to meet them, because I think I'm fascinated by the shows - GREEN DAY - not by the private persons Billie, Mike or Tré. I mean, they are normal humans, why should I adore them? But I like what they do on stage and in the studio or whenever they are on the road as "Green Day" - they inspire me so much :happy:

I was on stage with them for 3 Minutes and I was part of the show - I will be happy for the next 100 years :)

No, from all that I know about them and how they treat fans/other people and interact, it seems like they are all extremely nice people. The only thing I'd be worried about it myself doing something wrong - like freezing or crying or being incapable of speech.

The only GD's concert I went to was amazing. I didn't have so much expectations, but the concert did blow my mind. In the case of meeting GD, I never met the band. I wish it would happen, but I won't be sad if it never happens. And if I meet GD, I hope it would just go well. On the other hand, they are humans like everybody. I can't blame them if they were rude with me. And, anyway, I'm very ackward socialy and, usually, people hate me before they even talk to me just because of what I look like. So, I would not be surprise if GD would not ever want to talk to me.

Is it weird that I have no desire to meet them in person??? I'm totally fine to admire from afar :lol: Don't get me wrong, if I won a contest to meet and greet or whatever, I'd be fucking ecstatic, but besides that, I will just keep enjoying the concerts. I guess I just have no idea what I'd say :confused:

I dunno why folks are scared to meet Billie

Off all the stories Ive heard of Billie all been gold to excellent cept for MAYBE 2-3 times but thats very rare

Archived