The first time you saw Green Day live

belinda jane

August 30th 2012, Berlin. I was in first row in front of Billie and I still have no idea, how I did that :lol: I was so excited that now I remember only single scenes from the show. All memories are blurred like beautiful dream, that I had year ago.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL. First time I SAW THEM was 12/2/94 but got into them the day Longview premiered on MTV Buzz Bin.

LOL. First time I SAW THEM was 12/2/94 but got into them the day Longview premiered on MTV Buzz Bin.

Youve played guitar on Knowledge right?

11 years ago next month. July 18th 2002 at Wembley Arena. (Shit I feel old now), and I can't describe how amazing that show was. I remember it so vividly. The highlights for me were Tre coming out to play All By Myself and DLS, seeing as it's pretty rare and all. Also getting to hear Platypus performed live, as well as Macy's Day Parade. Still in the top 3 GD shows I've been to, and I've seen them 14 times now.

I went to the show the day before, also at Wembley, also my first GD show.

Was fun - I remember spraying my hair blue for it. Still got the t-shirt I bought somewhere too.

11.12.2009. I will always remember that day. I was 17 yrs old and I was freaking excited!

Unfortunately I was afraid to go through the crowd.. so I decided to take a seat.. but I do not regret it.. I knew that I would have had the chance to see them again in the future.. I cried during the whole concert.. amazing! :cry:

LOL. I went to the dookie tour, insomniac tour, nimrod tour (including infamous tower records show), warning tour, pop disaster tour, AI, 21CB and trilogy tours!

I have also seen pinhead gunpowder, frustrators, fbht and the network in concert :)

LOL THAT IS SO HILARIOUS I CAN'T EVEN.

October 11, 2009. The Globe, Sweden. The best day of my life. I was 16 and coming from Finland with my best friends. I've seen them 5 times now (even heard Dominated Love Slave live at Wembley Stadium) but the first time was the best day ever. Just seeing them for the first time in my life and getting that feeling... I cannot even describe it. It was the best thing ever.

The first time I saw them live was in London, on 1st June 2013. I'm from Germany actually so I spent alot of money for my trip to London :) But it was totally worth it.
I wanted to see them live in 2010 when they came for two or three extra concerts to Germany but I was 15 at the time and I had nobody to come with me, so yeah, my mother forbid. grr.

The feeling when I saw them live, oh gosh. I saw my heroes for the first time in my life and all I could think was "they are real people, oh my god this is so awesome".
First I was a bit scared because there were alot of mosh pits where I was standing and I thought I'd trip and die, haha. But then I accidentally got into one and it was really fun
I fought my way from mosh pit to mosh pit further to the front.
It was just the best day of my life and I can't believe it's almost one month ago already.

It wasn't just my first Green Day concert, it was also my first rock concert.

But I was singing and jumping and screaming and dancing and i had the time of my life :)

The first time I saw them live was this year in Chicago and it was the best thing. I can't tell how happy I was from start to finish. Even just thinking about it now makes me smile. They sounded great, they were having so much, and I saw them with my own eyes finally! I waited almost ten years to see them and I still can't believe I did. I wasn't one of the very lucky who was in the pit and got pulled on stage and I didn't see them after the show, but I saw them nonetheless. All I know is I want to see them as many times as I can now.

28th September 2009 in Lisbon, got to the second row and by the third song or so I was already covered in sweat :lol:

Such an awesome feeling when the guys are playing... It's like nothing else is going on

March 29,2013. I tried to make it to 2 shows in 2010, but my mom thought I'd get killed in the pit (I wouldn't accept seats, I was a little bastard). The second I saw all of them I couldn't believe my eyes, they seem so much larger than life (despite the fact that they're fairly short) and it was like the most religious experience I've ever had. It was amazing.

It was at the first night at the O2 Arena in London in ROCKtober 2009. Met about 30 GDCers which was fabulous (as well as sleeping over in a house full of them afterwards which was also fun!). Saw the show on the barrier on Mike's side, far over to the side so it wasn't that lively but an excellent place to observe my first show without missing anything. Had the pleasure of watching it with my sister and the lovely J'net who was so lovely she turned and gave me Mike's pick when a security guard handed it to her, and got to sing along to American Idiot with Tony himself :D. I'd wanted to see a "traditional" Green Day show with all my favourite on stage traditions and I wasn't disappointed, it was magical. So surreal actually seeing them there in front of me in flesh and blood :lol:. And the cool thing is now having been to more shows I know in future I'll always choose to be in the middle of the mosh pit action rather than on the barrier but far over in the relative quiet, so it's always going to be a totally unique show experience for me to remember.

It was at the first night at the O2 Arena in London in ROCKtober 2009. Met about 30 GDCers which was fabulous (as well as sleeping over in a house full of them afterwards which was also fun!). Saw the show on the barrier on Mike's side, far over to the side so it wasn't that lively but an excellent place to observe my first show without missing anything. Had the pleasure of watching it with my sister and the lovely J'net who was so lovely she turned and gave me Mike's pick when a security guard handed it to her, and got to sing along to American Idiot with Tony himself :D. I'd wanted to see a "traditional" Green Day show with all my favourite on stage traditions and I wasn't disappointed, it was magical. So surreal actually seeing them there in front of me in flesh and blood :lol:. And the cool thing is now having been to more shows I know in future I'll always choose to be in the middle of the mosh pit action rather than on the barrier but far over in the relative quiet, so it's always going to be a totally unique show experience for me to remember.

did you meet our aussie Kerry then?!?! :D

the first time i saw them wasn't long ago; on april 12th 2013, date i will always remember. it was amazing and i'm glad i was able to get a GA ticket and i got myself on the barier during the show and i was right in front of Mike. sometimes he was looking right at me and smiling, this is the best feeling eveeer. :woot:

they were full of energy and the concert was awesome! can't wait to see them again :)

but i don't remember all of it that's kinda weird. i mean i just have flashbacks on the night but there's some songs i don't even remember being played at all. am i the only one?

the first time i saw them wasn't long ago; on april 12th 2013, date i will always remember. it was amazing and i'm glad i was able to get a GA ticket and i got myself on the barrer during the show and i was right in front of Mike. sometimes he was looking right at me and smiling, this is the best feeling eveeer. :woot:

they were full of energy and the concert was awesome! can't wait to see them again :)

but i don't remember all of it that's kinda weird. i mean i just have flashbacks on the night but there's some songs i don't even remember being played at all. am i the only one?

you're not the only one!! haha.

i remember when i got on stage, i couldn't remember them playing she or basket case. hahaha. i still can't!

Oh yes :D

awww!! this makes me so happy. she is such a lovely woman.

i did the australian tour '09 and european tour '10 with her.

and sh's a doctor, so we were all healthy and safe :P

awww!! this makes me so happy. she is such a lovely woman.

i did the australian tour '09 and european tour '10 with her.

and sh's a doctor, so we were all healthy and safe :P

Yeah she's really cool! Saw FBHT the next week with her as well. I think I popped to say hello to her along with everyone else at the front of the Wembley queue in 2010 too but couldn't stay long due to the heavy security haha.

It was October 8, 2005 at the Home Depot Center and i was only 11 years old. i remember my dad buying the tickets in may and i counted down the days on a whiteboard. then when the day finally arrived i was so excited and i can remember getting there in time to see Jimmy Eat World and i remember singing along to the middle and im pretty sure the ladies in front of us were drunk by the way they were dancing and such. but then i remember when Also Sprach Zarathustra started my knees were shaking because of how excited i was. and then i remember the people leaving before the encore and the only song i can remember somewhat clearly from that show was Maria which is pretty cool. and yeah great experience and in the parking lot after the show i got handed American Idiot cell phone stickers which i still have.

you're not the only one!! haha.

i remember when i got on stage, i couldn't remember them playing she or basket case. hahaha. i still can't!

Woah haha I was just thinking the other day about how I don't remember either of those. It's like it was a dream and it was one big adrenaline filled moment.

Yes, I played Knowledge on 10/08/2005 at Home Depot Center. I also sang Blitzkrieg Bop on stage when BJA formed a band on 10/06/2000 in Boston and had us perform it instead of Knowledge.

I saw them for the first time on April 3rd in Philly. The show was fantastic, and the fact that they played a little of everything made it a great first show for me.

at the mellon arena, wedsenday july 22 2009 in pittsburgh. it was great, barely remeber though, i was in 4th grade. they played a lot of great songs like J.A.R., At The Library, and Drama Queen (for the first time publicly!)

Billie Joe stop in the middle of She and broke up a fight between 2 guys. I remember him saying "Punching little girls is not a sport."

Archived