The first time you saw Green Day live

belinda jane

i swear to god i thought this thread existed, but i searched and looked through 7 pages of results and didn't find anything.

i'm just curious to know when was the first time everyone saw green day live, and what can they remember of it? what was a major highlight that you'll never forget?

the first time i saw green day was march 10, 2005. i was 14 and i remember i had the shittest seats ever, but i was SO excited.

i had school that day and i remember as soon as the last bell went i actually sprinted out and went to my best friend's house to get ready.

when we got into the arena, simple plan were starting and were playing "shut up" and every time i hear that song i just think of us running to our door to sit down.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw them on 16th June 2010 in Manchester for the first time. One of the best days of my entire life. It changed my entire life. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced.

April 11th 2013, Air Canada Center, Toronto..... Floor tickets, boy did I have the time of my life....

It was the first time I met people who knew more about Green Day than me! It was fucking amazing, although I didn't really get to personally speak to any GDC'ers... although I'm looking forward to do that next time they come to town!

October 31, 2004. I was 20 years old and had been waiting for years to see them live. All I remember is that I didn't really know any of the stuff from American Idiot yet, and was scared that they weren't going to play any old stuff lol. I also remember crying like a bitch through most of it, and dancing my butt off. I know I have an old live journal entry about it somewhere... I'll definitely have to find that lol. Anyway, I ended up seeing them three times total during their American Idiot tour and it just got better and better. BUT (not that you asked but I'll tell you anyway), seeing them this past April was the best show yet.

I saw them for the first time on August 5th, 2010 in Buffalo on the 21stCB tour and it was the best day of my life at that point.

I brought my friend with me (she wasn't a huge fan but it I wanted someone to come with me so) and we were like way back in the lawn so we could barely see the stage, but I just remember the pure joy and adrenaline running through my veins the entire night, and honestly, I actually cried at the end of it during Good Riddance cause I was just so fucking happy to finally see my favourite band live.

April 11th 2013, Toronto show. I had floor tickets, Ive been a fan since 2002, and it was so weird finally seeing them right there, in front of me. It was wonderful, I had the biggest grin on my face the entire time.

The whole ticket buying, waiting, and show hold importance to me.

The first time I saw them was on Sunday April 7th, 2013 at the Barclays Center.

I had bought my ticket when it came out on Sept. 17 2012, as an early birthday (11/17) present from my parents. I was in school, and the internet connection decided it wanted to be messed up that day, so I was damn happy when I was finally able to see the "enter billing information page" on my iPod screen. I really did not want to miss the chance to see Green Day, as I had missed them two years before. Sec 123, which was pretty good.

Then they released more tickets and I got one in sec 24. So I took my mother with me so she could use the other ticket. She likes Green Day enough, so taking her was a good choice.

Honestly, I loved the view that I had. Even in the seat, I was able to see the stage and the band amazingly well with my own eyes. I remember being a bit disappointed that they chose not to do Stray Heart that night (I just love hearing it) but the rest of the setlist was an incredible performance. I was smiling and dancing the whole time. I was feeling both ecstatic and very upset once the show was over.

It was a great experience to have with my mother. Hopefully next time, I'll be in the pit. It'll provide a different perspective, one that I have been looking forward to for a long time.

April 7, 2013 in Brooklyn. I had floor tickets and i went with my family (mom, dad, and brother). it was the greatest nigh of my life!! it's was so surreal seeing the band you've practically worshiped, only a few feet away!

...now i'm sad thinking about it

11 years ago next month. July 18th 2002 at Wembley Arena. (Shit I feel old now), and I can't describe how amazing that show was. I remember it so vividly. The highlights for me were Tre coming out to play All By Myself and DLS, seeing as it's pretty rare and all. Also getting to hear Platypus performed live, as well as Macy's Day Parade. Still in the top 3 GD shows I've been to, and I've seen them 14 times now.

12 years ago next month. July 18th 2002 at Wembley Arena. (Shit I feel old now), and I can't describe how amazing that show was. I remember it so vividly. The highlights for me were Tre coming out to play All By Myself and DLS, seeing as it's pretty rare and all. Also getting to hear Platypus performed live, as well as Macy's Day Parade. Still in the top 3 GD shows I've been to, and I've seen them 14 times now.

omg i'm jealous :( haha

March 28, 2013. I'd waited for around 10 years to see them but by the time I was "old enough" Indiana wasn't on their map of the US. I got there 10 hours early to ensure I'd get against the barricade and I did. I wanted to get pulled up on stage so bad and I'd literally had dreams about it happening for years. A girl got called up for Longview and when she failed ass I screamed Billie's name and he happened to look in my direction and I got pulled up it was the best night of my life. The wait of not seeing them was so worth it.

8th of December 2009 21st CB tour.

My best memory was when BJA ran on and started swearing at us to stand up. The night was a blur - I was just in awe that these guys were standing right in front of me. I didn't get a post concert depression - I was actually on a high for months afterwards.

Ahh, I get the chills when I remember my first GD show :') I saw them on August 20th, 2009. I got somewhat good seats.. but it was amazing.. just seeing them come in for the first time, the lights going out, hearing Tré begin to pound on his drumset. Just.. memories :wub:

I'll never forget it. I had never felt what I felt at that show before.

Wow I feel old. My first GD show was 12/2/94 and then every tour after it.

I was six months old :lol:

I respect you, sir.

LOL. I went to the dookie tour, insomniac tour, nimrod tour (including infamous tower records show), warning tour, pop disaster tour, AI, 21CB and trilogy tours!

I have also seen pinhead gunpowder, frustrators, fbht and the network in concert :)

Ahh, I get the chills when I remember my first GD show :') I saw them on August 20th, 2009. I got somewhat good seats.. but it was amazing.. just seeing them come in for the first time, the lights going out, hearing Tré begin to pound on his drumset. Just.. memories :wub:

I'll never forget it. I had never felt what I felt at that show before.

That was the first day I saw Blink

June 6th, 2013. Exactly 3 weeks ago.
I had to go in Milan, in 2009, my parents promised me and at the end I had to give up.
I used to go to psychologist and she said to my parents "It is better for her" (I failed a year at school)
Then, I was at Heiniken Jammin Festival in 2010 and there was such a storm/hurricane
So in Bologna it was the best night ever. I can't explain. I still can not believe!
I remember I got the chills when the drunk bunny went off the stage because I knew what was going to happen

The wait of not seeing them was so worth it.

Definetly.

I saw them live just two days ago for the first time - 2013 June 25th. So worth all the hell I went through. :wub:

That was two months and oen week before I got into them. Now I feel like my cred is fading. And you rule. :)

NEVER

goes and cries in a corner

:friends: I hope this changes soon.

My first time was precisely one month ago. :pinch: 18 years of waiting paid out and you can read a lot of my first-time ramblings in this thread, as I have not managed to write a review yet:

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/91572-20130527-kalemegdan-park-belgrade-serbia/

August 21 2010 on Jacques-Cartier pier in Montreal. It was so amazing. My friend and I were like 2nd row (well, there was no row, but we were as close to the stage like there was a 2nd row... hope you get the image) in front of Mike. When the band spray water on the crowd, Billie Joe targeted my face once, but it was rainning anyway. During the months following the concert, I was so on a high that my insomnia got worst. I was like sleeping 2 to 4 hours each night, but I was going trough my days with a very good mood because I was still thinking about the concert.

9 days ago, 18.06.13, the day I've waited for for something like...8 years? Atlas Arena in Łódź, Poland :wub: I was in a second row, between Billie and Jason, but actually if I tried I'd keep the barier, but there was such a tight crowd that it was almost impossible to move ( only jumping and singing was left :D ).

I came to the venue at around 12 p.m., after a night of 2 hours of sleep, 6 hours of a ride and a month of euphoria and thoughts only about that day and concert.

Green Day concert was UNFORGETTABLE! 2,5 hours of day-dreaming, singing, laughing and crying with joy, having fun...then seeing Billie and Tre after the concert as they were heading to the tourbus....

A DAY TO REMEBER FOREVER :runaround::wub::dance:

First time i saw green day was september 28th 2005 at the portland memorial collisuem and best memory from that show was hearing Maria, 2000 light years away and all by myself live... plus it was the show that made my love for green day grow even more! But maria live was freaking amazing!! such a great song!!

Archived