Green Day to host Fireworks Night at the Oakland Coliseum this August

Sanity Loan

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the only reason I'm going is for them. I really don't care much for baseball, even though I have been to an A's game once before. I'm so glad I only live an hour and a half away from Oakland and that I'm able to go to this! SO excited! :lol:

Same here! Although I have always wanted to go to an MLB game, whether it was the A's or the Giants, my focus will definitely be on Green Day. I also live an hour and a half away so we're both super lucky!

Hmmm...wonder if I'll be able to get this game on one of our cable channels?

Coincidentally, my friends and I planned a trip to the bay area that weekend because two of the gals have birthdays this week. So we'll be at the game.

Nice that they confirmed GD would be present... it was a little up in the air for a while! Hope they take pics!!

Are they throwing out the first pitch?

Same here! Although I have always wanted to go to an MLB game, whether it was the A's or the Giants, my focus will definitely be on Green Day. I also live an hour and a half away so we're both super lucky!

Awesome! It will be worth the drive for us, lol. I'm sure you'll enjoy the game too!

I wonder which one of them will throw the first pitch. I wonder which songs will play during the fireworks show. I wonder so many things! Can it just be Saturday already? :P

Oakland Athletics@Athletics

@edwardmarcel @GreenDay No, but band will be on-site and post-game fireworks set to @GreenDay music. Hope to see you there!

Edward Marcel@edwardmarcel

@Athletics @GreenDay Will fans be treated to a live performance?

Meh...that's too bad lol. Wish they snuck in a little live performance. Just like a one song or something lol. Anyone know what time the game ends? I would imagine a secret show taking place somewhere if the game ended early enough.

I just bought my ticket. Two of my favorite things together; Green Day and baseball. Really looking forward to it!

I really need someone to update this thead during all the festivities. Just like a tour thread. Who's up for the challenge? :)

Looking forward to hearing about this! It will be good to see the guys again, especially with all the speculation that the tour really is over for a long time.

So Tré gets the honor of throwing out the first pitch. Wonder if the guys will be on the field with him or in a box like they were at Wrigley?

Meh...that's too bad lol. Wish they snuck in a little live performance. Just like a one song or something lol. Anyone know what time the game ends? I would imagine a secret show taking place somewhere if the game ended early enough.

I'm gonna guess that the game will end around 10 maybe? Not sure. That would be amazing if they had a secret show in Oakland afterwards! I doubt they will, so I'll try to not get my hopes up...but you never know

So Tré gets the honor of throwing out the first pitch. Wonder if the guys will be on the field with him or in a box like they were at Wrigley?

I'm assuming Billie and Mike (and maybe Jason) will be on the field with him

GAHHHHsdakjdfhsz;kjdfh;askjdhf;kjshzdf

I finally have my drivers license! I am fully prepaired to high-jack a car and drive up there right now! I only ask if I can crash on somones couch/floor for the night after the game!?!?!?!

((sob/cry/flail...ect. If only!!! DX))

I'm gonna guess that the game will end around 10 maybe? Not sure. That would be amazing if they had a secret show in Oakland afterwards! I doubt they will, so I'll try to not get my hopes up...but you never know

Yeah it'd have to be very very close by. Either the Uptown or Fox Theater. The band could have their equipment moved in before the game starts and the show could be announced during the game.

Yeah it'd have to be very very close by. Either the Uptown or Fox Theater. The band could have their equipment moved in before the game starts and the show could be announced during the game.

Yeah most likely one of those two venues. Bah! If that ends up happening or if they decide to perform a song at the game, I would be the happiest person in the world

Yeah most likely one of those two venues. Bah! If that ends up happening or if they decide to perform a song at the game, I would be the happiest person in the world

Yeah seriously that's why I'm kinda thinking of going to. I'm saving money for the Sharks opening though lol. I wanna go just to see if they throw in a little surprise performance or something haha.

Any one know if this is gonna be on tv? and if not someone better film this

Maybe. They usually do show the special guests on TV...but not the fireworks show.

Maybe. They usually do show the special guests on TV...but not the fireworks show.

Well crap...I hope some one films it then I need my Green Day fix lol

I will be there. But maybe only Tre throwing out first pitch. Have Billie Joe and Mike returned from New York?

Guess we will find out tomorrow.

I will be there. But maybe only Tre throwing out first pitch. Have Billie Joe and Mike returned from New York?

Guess we will find out tomorrow.

That wouldn't be fair, cause in the event, they announce Green Day, not just Tré :confused:

Anyway, can't wait to hear the details about this!! For the people who's going, have fun!!! :D

Yeah seriously that's why I'm kinda thinking of going to. I'm saving money for the Sharks opening though lol. I wanna go just to see if they throw in a little surprise performance or something haha.

You should go! I got tickets the minute I found out about this game haha. Sharks games are definitely fun too, but even if they don't do a surprise performance I think it would be worth it.

That wouldn't be fair, cause in the event, they announce Green Day, not just Tré :confused:

Anyway, can't wait to hear the details about this!! For the people who's going, have fun!!! :D

Yeah they make it sound like they will all be on the field. They better be there or I'll be mad lol. Thanks hopefully it will be fun!! :)

Archived