Green Day to host Fireworks Night at the Oakland Coliseum this August

Sanity Loan

I wanna go just to see if they perform or something. Just like 2 songs would be aight. :) What this could mean though is that the band might play the Coliseum for NA leg 2, which would be awesome. It could also mean that there's gonna be a secret show around that time. Let's keep our eyes peeled. ;)

Or, you know, Oakland is where they live :)

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or, you know, Oakland is where they live :)

And it's Billie and 80's favorite team.

Spanning their entire catalogue? Sounds like an actual set, I just read the article now, I thought it was just a pitch

• 2 weeks later...

Now it is promoted as just the hat offer and fireworks. They changed it from Green Day on the field to throw out first pitch. So maybe no Green Day on the field.

Original promo:

Fireworks & Cap Ticket Offer

Green Day band members will be on-field to throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
Field Level ticket package includes exclusive co-branded Green Day and Oakland A's cap.
A portion of Field Level ticket package proceeds benefit Oakland Children's Hospital.
Postgame fireworks show, presented by Chevron, set to Green Day's more than two decades of music

New promo:

Fireworks & Cap Ticket Offer
  • Field Level ticket package includes exclusive co-branded Green Day and Oakland A's cap (enter ballpark at B Gate).
  • A portion of Field Level ticket package proceeds benefit Oakland Children's Hospital.
  • Postgame fireworks show, presented by Chevron, set to recorded tracks of Green Day's more than two decades of music.

Well, that sucks if they changed it AFTER all these people bought tickets expecting to at least see Green Day on the field. Bad play.

All I can think of is when Tre threw out the first pitch at a Cubs game. :lol:

What did he do?

The band will be on the field before the start of the game to throw out the first pitch.

So, the real question is, who is going to throw the pitch? Or will three first pitches be thrown...

So, the real question is, who is going to throw the pitch? Or will three first pitches be thrown...

But according to the new promo, the band is not mentioned as throwing out the first pitch (individually or together) anymore.

But according to the new promo, the band is not mentioned as throwing out the first pitch (individually or together) anymore.

Oh, haha didn't read that yet. The new promo kind of sucks... it doesn't even confirm that Green Day will be there at all :ermm:

Green Day are confirmed to still be pitching. I've checked with public relations and they have confirmed it.

Green Day are confirmed to still be pitching. I've checked with public relations and they have confirmed it.

You're a good man to check this out for everyone that already bought tickets. Thanks!

You're a good man to check this out for everyone that already bought tickets. Thanks!

You're welcome!

Maybe they just thought it was an irrelevant part of the ticket package? (Since anyone who shows up early would get to see Green Day throw the pitch, regardless if they go for the special promo).... still, really weird marketing change.

They made it sound like they'd be playing a set, maybe I just read everything completely wrong.

They made it sound like they'd be playing a set, maybe I just read everything completely wrong.

Actually, I believe the exact opposite was said, that they wouldn't be playing. Just throwing out the first pitch and the fireworks show would be set to their music.

The stands don't look very full ;)

Not everyone gets to the games that early, usually. They all get in their seats by the start or middle of the first inning. That game was actually sold out and quite full after Tré threw out the first pitch.

It will be interesting to see all the people that are there just for Green Day rather than actually watching the game. I'm excited!

It will be interesting to see all the people that are there just for Green Day rather than actually watching the game. I'm excited!

If I was going, that would definitely be me. While a huge baseball fan, I'm just not an Oakland A's fan. At all. (or whomever they're playing!) :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah the only reason I'm going is for them. I really don't care much for baseball, even though I have been to an A's game once before. I'm so glad I only live an hour and a half away from Oakland and that I'm able to go to this! SO excited! :lol:

Archived