Tre & Cuatro bundle coming to Europe this summer

MaraGreenDay

Also is it alright to just straight up lie about Cuatro being exclusive with the bundle? Not that it really matters since this doesn't take the DVD away from the people who bought it lol, but isn't that false advertising?

Were they ever clear about Cuatro being exclusive with the bundle? Because I remember people discussing its summer release since before they even started shipping the bundle in September. It was one of the reasons I didn't pre order the albums to begin with, because I had read that it would be eventually released on its own.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Trotsky

I suppose I'm the only one excited for this Tre/Cuatro release?

Can't wait to get it. :)

No, you're not the only one. :)

Were they ever clear about Cuatro being exclusive with the bundle?

Yup, on the pre-order site it says in caps that you get an "EXCLUSIVE DVD of the documentary film".

Then again, they also said that we'd get the albums on there street date. I got Uno just before Dos was released, and I got Dos the week that Tre was released... So yeah, never pre-ordening green day stuff again. :P

I don't care that other people get to buy the DVD though, because that's a good thing. Just as long as this one doesn't come with more bonus footage as Mike hinted or whatever. They should make extra footage available for those who pre-ordered as well.

Bundling it is really stupid but I am happy we're getting it at all :dance:

I don't care about it since I already own both of these but the cover is beautiful. :D

Oh, they were just turning Nightlife into a country song.

I think that the remixes would more likely end up on Int'l Superhits II than on this.

I wouldn't have a problem with Green Day doing country. But I hope and pray they never just turn completely country. (cough cough, Kid Rock, Hootie and the blowfish, Sheryl Crow, Jewel,, Uncle Kracker, )

ANYWAY, hopefully this is a chance to start promoting Tre again. They could release at least one single to coincide with this release, maybe get a big hit out of it. Probably not, but now it seems more likely than before.

So I'm a iTunes kinda guy and I'm not a fan of CDs at all so do we know if this will be on iTunes or not?

Yeah, it's already there. Search "Green Day Tre." Been out since December ;)

Its good that people who didn't get the box set can now get Cuatro :)

So much for Cuatro being exclusive to Box Set owners. Not that it wasn't predictable.

Money making effort from Warner. Green Day have been playing to large crowds in Europe (grateful at being in the presence of rock legends), with Reading/Leeds and associated TV coverage still to come.

Warner: how can we make some quick dosh this summer ? Answer: Well this group on our books called Green Day is getting people really excited in Europe so how about we put out a Green Day release, we know the fans already have the trilogy so lets give them Cuatro and for extra bucks package it with something...how about Tre ?

Of course it will only be attractive to someone like myself if it offers something interesting; adding a couple of live tracks to Tre just will not cut it but if there are eg bonus tracks and alt versions, and of course a sensible price then it *might* get interesting.

I wonder how are they going to promote it ? Hmm, maybe a new single from Tre ?

But I don't wanto Tre because I already have it and I think that everyone who wants quatro already has Tre. :dry:

Wow. Aren't you picky. There are some people that willingly have 10 copies of Tre. I'd say at least be grateful that it's being released. And you guys don't even have to buy it. It's seriously been on TPB for 3 months.

And to everyone else that's complaining about it not being exclusive anymore: shut up. We all knew it would happen sooner or later. Like I said earlier, at least we still got ours in exclusive packaging and a cool box. Everyone else gets theirs with this lame cover that doesn't even match the rest of the albums. You guys aren't complaining about it being on youtube or anything. What's the big deal about other people being able to see it? Is there something wrong with your favorite band selling more copies and getting more money?

Wow. Aren't you picky. There are some people that willingly have 10 copies of Tre. I'd say at least be grateful that it's being released. And you guys don't even have to buy it. It's seriously been on TPB for 3 months.

And to everyone else that's complaining about it not being exclusive anymore: shut up. We all knew it would happen sooner or later. Like I said earlier, at least we still got ours in exclusive packaging and a cool box. Everyone else gets theirs with this lame cover that doesn't even match the rest of the albums. You guys aren't complaining about it being on youtube or anything. What's the big deal about other people being able to see it? Is there something wrong with your favorite band selling more copies and getting more money?

But... but... ME ME ME ME MEEEEEEEEE. All I care about is MEEEEEEEE

It's great! :happy: People, like me, who didn't buy the boxset will be able to buy it. And maybe that some copies of Cuatro will be on ebay, who knows?

I really want that DVD because I listened to Cuatro on Youtube and I want to see it in a good quality.

on the amazon site this bundle is listed as "audio cd".. it didn't mention that we're gonna get a dvd with it..

(of course, it's just a point, cuz we all know that Cuatro is the dvd.. it's just kinda weird)

Yup, on the pre-order site it says in caps that you get an "EXCLUSIVE DVD of the documentary film".

Then again, they also said that we'd get the albums on there street date. I got Uno just before Dos was released, and I got Dos the week that Tre was released... So yeah, never pre-ordening green day stuff again. :P

I don't care that other people get to buy the DVD though, because that's a good thing. Just as long as this one doesn't come with more bonus footage as Mike hinted or whatever. They should make extra footage available for those who pre-ordered as well.

Maybe everyone that preordered will get a digital copy of the extended version? I know it's unlikely, but it'd be pretty cool.

well....so we will finally've cuatro! this is a great news. and about Tré i really hope 's a different version...=D

on the amazon site this bundle is listed as "audio cd".. it didn't mention that we're gonna get a dvd with it..

(of course, it's just a point, cuz we all know that Cuatro is the dvd.. it's just kinda weird)

german amazon says "CD+DVD"

Were they ever clear about Cuatro being exclusive with the bundle? Because I remember people discussing its summer release since before they even started shipping the bundle in September. It was one of the reasons I didn't pre order the albums to begin with, because I had read that it would be eventually released on its own.

Hmm yeah maybe "exclusive" can technically mean "exclusive now". Like on the Idiot Club they always used to have "exclusive" photos, but then put them on gd.com a few days later and say they were still exclusive because they had them there exclusively first. Probably isn't technically doing anything wrong but it's still a bit of a shady way of going about things. Not so much an issue now as all that'll happen is more people will be able to buy it, but it was unfair to mislead people into thinking their only way of ever getting it was to buy an expensive boxset when it fact it now turns out they didn't have to.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if Tre or Cuatro are different. If they both are I'll be well up for buying it :lol:, otherwise I'll probably just seek out whichever one is different separately (if either of them are).

I'm not even going to lie, if I ever run into this for a cheap price I would totally get it again and I already have a copy of Cuatro and 2 copies of Tre :P

But I think this is great for everyone who couldn't get it the first time around! :D

Im not grateful because it's more expensive if it comes with Tre, the only reason I can see why they do this is that Tre didn't sell enough in europe. But your right it isn't a huge problem ofc because everyone already saw Tre on tpb.

Maybe we know the reason Billie was in the studio now... That would be great if there we're some re-mixed/re-mastered songs on this.

Im not grateful because it's more expensive if it comes with Tre, the only reason I can see why they do this is that Tre didn't sell enough in europe. But your right it isn't a huge problem ofc because everyone already saw Tre on tpb.

Not much, really. In the german store that's about as much as an album or dvd alone cost here. So you could sell it and even make profit of it.

Well I'm a little bit upset about this bundle, not for being a re-released of ¡CUATRO! It is annoying that this bundle is just for European fans, what about the rest of the world? Why a DOCUMENTARY must be an exclusive just in a part of the world??? I loved ¡CUATRO! But I couldn't spend some money to buy the Box, less this bundle from Europe (I don't have a credit card). At least this DVD would be released around world with a "Greatest hits"/"Best of the trilogy" album.

Archived