Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Jason White's guitars

Bastard of 1969

Yea,Jason is usingDanelectro on Kill The DJ and Stray Heart also!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't get much more straightforward than LP Juniors. Blue is pretty great, though

Yea, Gibsons are just expensive,and that cheap Blue (sure is not Fender) goes great through those expensive guitars!

I know Billie has the original Blue with him for this tour, his ebony Les Paul Jr. (Which used to have the class of 13 sticker and some other ones i think), his sparkle Les Paul Jr., his new double cutaway signature Les Paul Jr. (repaired from I Heart Radio), his backup Telecaster that he switches out with Blue, that new Rickenbacker he's been playing for X-Kid and Brutal Love, and I saw him use the big white Gibson hollowbody at the Pomona show for Kill the DJ. I think that about does it for Billie...I might be missing one or two.

Now Jason has his beautiful red double cutaway Les Paul Special, his red ES-335, his sunburst ES-335, his sunburst Les Paul, his black Les Paul tuned down for the old songs, and that Danelectro guitar for Kill the DJ and Stray Heart.

Mike...I have no idea. Not a bass player;) haha...but I know he has a signature model or two with him, and then that one bass, Ruby Mae. I think they're all precision basses though. I wonder what happened to that Gibson Grabber bass he had? I know the original one he used in the earlier 90s during Dookie and Insomniac was broken, but he showed up with a new one at some point on the 21CB tour, I think he only used it for one show...anybody know what's up with that?

I believe that Mike just doesn't want to play it! After he got precision bass, he just wants to forget about G-3's at all!

youtube.com/watch?v=7uomdMrkNgA

That should tell you all.

Not much, since that's not ALL of their guitars!

Does anybody have a picture of Mike's bass that he used during the "Basket Case" on Letterman? I know it's Kramer but i can't recall the model!

/> What about his Gretsch guitars? I saw one in Troublemaker, one Hollowbody, i don't know a lot about that guitar!

In an interview with Guitar World (or Player? I don't remember exactly) 2012 he said he used a Brian Setzer Signature Hot Rod and a 60s Double Anniversary on the Trilogy. I will post the link as soon as I get to a computer.

Does anybody have a picture of Mike's bass that he used during the "Basket Case" on Letterman? I know it's Kramer but i can't recall the model!

That's Kramer 250B.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I like his black junior the most. I love the way the paint has worn off. It definitely shows the way he plays his guitars.

Blue is surely his favorite.

I like his black junior the most. I love the way the paint has worn off. It definitely shows the way he plays his guitars.

The one with the Virgin Mary sticker?

I had a Les Paul Junior myself, and that really put me off them for life :P

I really love his modded Gretsch 6120.

I would do unspeakable things for that baby.

And I guess you would say the same for billie, right?

:dry:

Archived