Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Jason White's guitars

Bastard of 1969

I like Telecaster red with Bigsby, he played it in Japan, 1997.

I've never seen him use a Telecaster. Do you have a picture?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He used a tele at Reading but not the one he talking about

He used a tele at Reading but not the one he talking about

Oh yeah. I should have said I meant a standard, oops :P

hqdefault.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDiPzKRh9U

Thank you!

You're welcome, but I'm still doubting is that Fender's ibrato or Bigsby's.

You're welcome, but I'm still doubting is that Fender's ibrato or Bigsby's.

It looks a lot like a Bigsby to me. It's hard to tell though, if the video was higher quality it'd be easier. I know Bigsby ones are usually huge, but I think I can see their logo on it.

It looks a lot like a Bigsby to me. It's hard to tell though, if the video was higher quality it'd be easier. I know Bigsby ones are usually huge, but I think I can see their logo on it.

I mean, why would you need vibrato for song like "Hitchin' A Ride".

I mean, why would you need vibrato for song like "Hitchin' A Ride".

For that one chord at the end :lol: If he used it for more songs it'd make sense, especially Welcome To Paradise, but I've no idea what songs he did use it for!

For that one chord at the end :lol: If he used it for more songs it'd make sense, especially Welcome To Paradise, but I've no idea what songs he did use it for!

Or Going to Pasalaqua. What did he do to make it like that at the beginning?

Rumours say this is Frankenstrat. Since there is no pictures of Frankenstrat, I would say this is the one, because it has different parts, but not from Fender, as Billie said. I mean, it has EMG pickups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6bc0_I4PdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFFd7GMgpCw

...and this Gibson Es-335. He used black one on MTV world tour, but I didn't see him used sunburst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVCYq12LNRY

Or Going to Pasalaqua. What did he do to make it like that at the beginning?

That doesn't need a vibrato, he just hits an A chord then hammers on and pulls off between the C# and D on the B string really quickly.

That doesn't need a vibrato, he just hits an A chord then hammers on and pulls off between the C# and D on the B string really quickly.

...or Troublemaker maybe? There are few Green Day songs that do need a vibrato.

...or Troublemaker maybe? There are few Green Day songs that do need a vibrato.

Kill The DJ! Not that they were playing that live in 97 :P

Kill The DJ! Not that they were playing that live in 97 :P

Good amount of songs on trilogy need to be played with vibrato.

What about this? Look at this blue, the shape is different than normal which he usually plays.

I don't know what kind of guitar is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1WKhByHTq8

What about this? Look at this blue, the shape is different than normal which he usually plays.

I think that is Blue, or at least one of his Blue copies. It just looks different because of how he's got the horn taped up, it makes it look more like a Burns Bison.

I think that is Blue, or at least one of his Blue copies. It just looks different because of how he's got the horn taped up, it makes it look more like a Burns Bison.

Billie does not have blue copies. He has Blue tuned to Eb (still being used today). He had around 3 FENDER strats that were the same colour as blue that he tuned to to E for the nimrod tour (for the Nimrod songs), he then used juniors for E in warning forward. He then used a Blue Strat (again, not a copy of blue) on the south american Leg of the 21st Cbd tour while blue was getting repaired.

Billie does not have blue copies. He has Blue tuned to Eb (still being used today). He had around 3 FENDER strats that were the same colour as blue that he tuned to to E for the nimrod tour (for the Nimrod songs), he then used juniors for E in warning forward. He then used a Blue Strat (again, not a copy of blue) on the south american Leg of the 21st Cbd tour while blue was getting repaired.

They're Blue copies in the sense that they're Strats in the same colour with similar stickers and the modified pickup setup. :)

They're Blue copies in the sense that they're Strats in the same colour with similar stickers and the modified pickup setup. :)

Well sticker wise they are completely different :P, I dont label them Blue Copies though as that could also mean Replicas in general

Archived