Idiot Nation

bri1039

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've closed the old one so this gets more attention.

I want to start off by saying that there has been an improvement over the past couple of months. I liked the fact that we get more Q&A's with the band and that all contests have been opened worldwide, great to see that's sorted out.

I don't like that you have to sign in once for the site and then again for the forum, it's a problem I'd liked to see fixed. That or make it so we can stay permanently signed in and not have us logged out every couple of days.

Lastly I'd like to see a few more exclusives that aren't just contests, presales, or Q&A's. I'd like to see a little package we get for signing up/renewing every year instead of just a tshirt or postcards. LPUnderground has option to buy either a $25 pack or a $60 pack. They both come with a CD (full of demos, unreleased songs, etc), chances of meet and greets, early access to shows (I know it's been done a few times but I'd like to see it done more often), and more. The $60 pack comes with more things like picks, water bottle, shirts, keychains and more. I'd like a few more options for what we want to buy and have each one come with more and more exclusives.

Really enjoying the q&a sessions and the fact giveaways are international now, though I haven't been able to get on the news page for a few days.

It has definitely improved, the whole site is more active and there is so much more happening. I find myself going on the website a lot more often than I ever used to. Also, thanks for making the competitions open to people outside the US.

I am impressed with how much the Idiot Nation has improved, love that competions are now international, and that they are so frequent. The Tshirt for renewal is pretty cool, but what i would really like is some form of RSS feed, live bookmark or reliiable notifications. I often find out about new News topics and competitions through the GDC, rather than the GD site, which is a bit odd, don't you think? I would definitely visist the site more often if I knew there was something new there to see, rahter than randomly checking it out if and when I remembered.

How do i find out how long i have left on IN ?? is there something in the accounts section ?

How do i find out how long i have left on IN ?? is there something in the accounts section ?

i guess you have to check your emails and look for the first message from the idiot nation

I only have a month left to decide to renew before my membership finish.

It is so much better in the last few months. The recent interviews and competitions that have been open to everyone have been great, even thought I haven't managed to win one yet. I'll be renewing soon enough so I hope the good work continues :)

I'm impressed you guys have kept the content much more consistent. I like what you guys have been doing so far.

I seem tor remember there was no notification it was running out - I had to trawl though my email to find out when I joined.

Contests are international, the list of promises on the sign up page is truthful and accurate, there's LOADS of cool interviews and contests going on, and it even looks good - I'm really happy with it! I'm really impressed with all the improvements that have been made, all the stuff on there now along with the usual ticket presales mean it's well worth the money now.

The only suggestion I have is that the free gift (that you have to pay postage for) you get for renewing should be optional. Personally I'd rather have the option of just paying $20 and not getting a gift than be forced to pay an extra $8 for a gift I don't want. I think it'd be pretty easy to add the option in and it wouldn't cost them anything (in fact it would save them money since they'd be providing less free gifts), so I don't see why not. So yeah a "$20 to renew" or "$28 to renew and get a gift" option would be good.

It doesn't need to be. That would defeat the purpose

Thank you. Even though Ola was joking there are people seriously complaining about it. "What can't you guys do what Paramore did????????? Make it free for EVERYONEEE!!!!!!" Then what's the point? The pre-sales wouldn't be pre-sales, the contests wouldn't be exclusive, ect. It's basically like having two websites. It's a very, very stupid idea.

/rantover

But anyway, I'm loving what you guys are doing with IC so far!

I have a problem :cry:

everytime i click on "News" i get on the page "about me" but in my adress bar it says "http://www.gdidiotnation.com/news" :(

Has anyone here the same issue? Can anyone help me out?

Thank you ;)

yeah people on the IN forum have had the same issues. The admins have told Idiot Nation about the problem.

i too have a problem, when i go to a contest to see if i won or a Q&A video, i only get the comments...

am i the only one having this problem?

i too have a problem, when i go to a contest to see if i won or a Q&A video, i only get the comments...

I'm having this problem too :dry: I dunno what's up.

Otherwise, I do like the fact that they are doing more contests. I just wish I would win one of them :P

Btw I love your sig. Dave Grohl is great!

:D

I'm having this problem too :dry: I dunno what's up.

Otherwise, I do like the fact that they are doing more contests. I just wish I would win one of them :P

Btw I love your sig. Dave Grohl is great!

:D

yeah i love the contests, need to see if i won the warning one.

and thanks for loving my signature

Yeah I'm trying to see if I was one the lucky ones too

I think it's just that you have to click where it says go "HERE" rather than any of the other links. That usually works for me.

Archived