Idiot Nation

bri1039

Can I ask though why do people still pay for membership when the band aren't even doing anything? :ermm: I mean it was bad enough when they were :lol:

I got the membership for free when I purchased the trilogy, I've been able to sign in ever since :)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the membership for free when I purchased the trilogy, I've been able to sign in ever since :)

I think this happened to me too, or maybe I renewed it at some point, I can't remember :lol: But I didn't get any renewal email and I can still access every part of the site, I even saw the code for the pre sale of House of Blues and everything. Where can I see if it expired? It's one year from the last purchase isn't it?

I think this happened to me too, or maybe I renewed it at some point, I can't remember :lol: But I didn't get any renewal email and I can still access every part of the site, I even saw the code for the pre sale of House of Blues and everything. Where can I see if it expired? It's one year from the last purchase isn't it?

I think it happened for a lot of people. It's just a mistake on their part. I defiantly didn't pay for a renewal. This is 3 years later and we can still sign in, we are just the lucky ones i guess. I haven't even logged in for about 6 months anyway because it's a rubbish site/fan club :P

I think it happened for a lot of people. It's just a mistake on their part. I defiantly didn't pay for a renewal. This is 3 years later and we can still sign in, we are just the lucky ones i guess. I haven't even logged in for about 6 months anyway because it's a rubbish site/fan club :P

So indeed I found just now where you can see your account details and it says "Current Subscription Expires: No current subscriptions" But they never notified me. I'm seeing my history aswell and it says that I purchased the last subscription on 21/05/2012. Did we recieve the code for the renewal this early? Uno didn't come out until September 2012. So maybe I didn't even use my trilogy code? :lol: I don't know if it will be valid still, I can't even remember how you got the code or where I have that... Oh god :lol:

Edit: I searched my email and the last time I bought a membership I payed for it, so it wasn't with the trilogy code. Does anyone know when the code expired/expires? I can't find any email from the purchase of the trilogy boxset, so if it already expired (they gave it to you by email, right?) I'll give up looking for it.

Since I just got yelled at for not individually quoting people (in another topic...which I can't do on a phone!! :P ) I won't quote anyone but to some of the people above lol I too got free membership with the trilogy and and it worked for ages afterwards (it may still but I can't recall my password haha). Honestly I rarely logged in unless there was a decent competition (guitar picks anyone haha) and even the exclusive photos were all over the internet an hour after they were online. Membership isn't expensive but no way I would spend a fiver on it unless they announced a small club/secret show then I'd buy it that day haha. It was the only way I got tickets to the secret gigs. Can't understand why people would renew subscriptions yearly though just for the hell of it because the site really sucks.

Since I just got yelled at for not individually quoting people (in another topic...which I can't do on a phone!! :P ) I won't quote anyone but to some of the people above lol I too got free membership with the trilogy and and it worked for ages afterwards (it may still but I can't recall my password haha). Honestly I rarely logged in unless there was a decent competition (guitar picks anyone haha) and even the exclusive photos were all over the internet an hour after they were online. Membership isn't expensive but no way I would spend a fiver on it unless they announced a small club/secret show then I'd buy it that day haha. It was the only way I got tickets to the secret gigs. Can't understand why people would renew subscriptions yearly though just for the hell of it because the site really sucks.

Honestly can't see why the first line was necessary - pet peeve of mine is someone wanting the last word :P

Honestly can't see why the first line was necessary - pet peeve of mine is someone wanting the last word :P

Pet peeve of mine is someone telling me their pet peeve while contradicting themselves. Oh see what I did there :P

• 1 year later...

Question: Is Idiot Nation worth the money?  With the new album coming up is it worth getting membership, or am I better off saving the money given that I don't have much to spare?

1 hour ago, Second favourite son said:

Question: Is Idiot Nation worth the money?  With the new album coming up is it worth getting membership, or am I better off saving the money given that I don't have much to spare?

Everyone here tends to say it's only worth it for pre-sales on concerts.  I've never joined and haven't felt like I've missed much.

3 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

I joined once when BJ said he wanted to do an intimate tour of OZ - well that never happened - in any event it didn't do anything for me except give me a shirt:happy: It maybe different for the USA or even the UK (the true home of GD:ga:)

15 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

I joined once when BJ said he wanted to do an intimate tour of OZ - well that never happened - in any event it didn't do anything for me except give me a shirt:happy: It maybe different for the USA or even the UK (the true home of GD:ga:)

You actually got the shirt???

I joined when I was trying to win tickets to the Hof F.  I never even got the shirt.

Just now, JJ1964 said:

You actually got the shirt???

I joined when I was trying to win tickets to the Hof F.  I never even got the shirt.

You get a shirt when you renew not join- I renewed because BJ went to rehab & it took a really long time for dates & then we got soundwave - winge winge complain complain.;)

2 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

You get a shirt when you renew not join- I renewed because BJ went to rehab & it took a really long time for dates & then we got soundwave - winge winge complain complain.;)

No, you get the tshirt when ou join as well.  Plus, I did renew, I can't remember what the reason was, and I still didn't get the damn tshirt

Just now, JJ1964 said:

No, you get the tshirt when ou join as well.  Plus, I did renew, I can't remember what the reason was, and I still didn't get the damn tshirt

Really well I was ripped off then:ga:

Definitely worth it for pre sales alone. This year is going to be brutal getting tickets. I can feel it.

And then there was that joyous time a bunch of us bought presale tickets through the fanclub for Brixton Academy and we camped out so we could get front row and when they opened the doors they weren't going to let us in because they said our tickets were fake. We were dragged about by security and had to beg and plead and show id and be checked on lists while people who showed up as the doors opened wandered into the venue behind us and got a place in front of us in the venue :mad: Yeah Idiot Nation is fantastic. :sick:

8 hours ago, Clockwise said:

Definitely worth it for pre sales alone. This year is going to be brutal getting tickets. I can feel it.

but most of the times pre-sale is just a password that can be easily found online

the only advantage I found was the cool demolicious t-shirt, but didn't renew since then.

3 hours ago, Adriano Nunes said:

but most of the times pre-sale is just a password that can be easily found online

the only advantage I found was the cool demolicious t-shirt, but didn't renew since then.

Well I'm pretty sure last time they had presale through the idiotclub website itself for at least some of the venues, so you didn't have to deal with ticketmaster. 

Yes, Idiot Nation gives you presales, but not for every show. During 99 Revolutions Tour they didn't have presales for any European concert (except Brixton Academy, but it was small venue). So for me it's a waste of money. 

22 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Not worth it. The pre-sales aren't anything special, and the codes get leaked online anyway.

It's worth joining when they're currently offering something you think is worth joining for (eg a presale or early entry contest for a show you're going to, or maybe if they were doing lots of general contests and exclusive videos). There's no point in joining before that happens, just means your year's subscription will run out sooner.

They announce presales or other cool stuff they're doing on greenday.com (or you'd hear about it on here or GDA) in advance, and when you sign up it only takes a couple of minutes and you're a member instantly, so there's not really any reason not to just wait until if and when they do something good.

Archived