SOTW Macy's Day Parade

Sarcasm

Even though this song never got much reseption, I really enjoy singing alone to it. Plus the melody is very soothing. :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can safely say that this is actually one of my favourite Green Day songs. An absolute gem, and I really think it deserves more attention. I would absolutely love to hear it live one day, but I know that is very unlikely :(

I can safely say that this is actually one of my favourite Green Day songs. An absolute gem, and I really think it deserves more attention. I would absolutely love to hear it live one day, but I know that is very unlikely :(

'Keep going to shows, it'll happen :)

I adore this song like I adore the rest of Warning. It's so simple, but it's also very striking and I feel like it doesn't get the appreciation is deserves. The lines "When I was a kid I thought/I wanted all the things that I haven't got/Oh, but I learned the hardest way" are really poignant for me personally, tbh. And I love the song as a closer. It changes the whole mood of the album, but does it in a way that's not awkward like some closing songs might.

I agree. I remember falling in love with Warning and this was like the cherry on the cake in every way.

• 2 weeks later...

So this has been song of the week for a month now :P

did anyone write the OP for the next one?

You really reached on that one :P

Nice write-up Ola. I really like your flair for the English language and the creative expressions you used :lol:

Thanks, I'm proud of my English :D

worked hard on it

Sounds way similar to 'Stand by me' but I couldn't care less. One of my favourite Green Day tracks.

Archived