Which version of Welcome to Paradise do you prefer?

fromdecimateddreams

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, as we all know, there's one version of the song in Kerplunk and another on Dookie. They both came up right after one another on my iTunes shuffle just now, and it got me thinking.

I personally prefer the version on Kerplunk because I like the raw sound of it a bit more, although the version on Dookie has some really nice harmonies in the chorus and what not.

What do you guys think?

also I'm sorry if this topic has been posted before, there's an awful lot of pages of topics to sift through. :P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dookie version, the sound is more produced because Green Day had professionnal materials with their label during the recording of Dookie and in my opinion, I prefer the instrumental on Dookie rather than on Kerplunk.

Dookie because of the remastered and cleaner sound. Plus, the song is a lot smoother than the Kerplunk counterpart, in my opinion.

I personally prefer the Dookie version, the instrumental sounds better, but don't get me wrong, the Kerplunk version is still great!

Dookie by a long shot. The guitars, drum and especially the vocals all sound much better.

Kerplunk version!! Jut because I hear the bass more. I'm a sucker for bass lines :)

I really like both of them, it's harder to choose. I first heard the Dookie version, so I do have a fondness for it. But the Kerplunk version is more raw (I'm a sucker for raw music). So honestly, I can't decide.

Kerplunk is my fav Green Day Album Buuutt welcome to paradise is better on Dookie (imo)

Can't decide. Kerplunk one has that raw sound it gives me a feel of underground and trash, but the Dookie one is just... Dookie style.I really don't know. :/

I love the intro on the Kerplunk one, with the raw and grainy sound, but the rest I like dookie version better

Dookie, tho I had to listen to them side by side for a few times.

The Dookie version is a lot cleaner and that's probably why I like it more.

Dookie. I don't like the way Billie Joe sings "nice" on the Kerplunk version. I prefer it when he holds the note. I barely notice the difference in production.

Well, as we all know, there's one version of the song in Kerplunk and another on Dookie. They both came up right after one another on my iTunes shuffle just now, and it got me thinking.

I personally prefer the version on Kerplunk because I like the raw sound of it a bit more, although the version on Dookie has some really nice harmonies in the chorus and what not.

What do you guys think?

also I'm sorry if this topic has been posted before, there's an awful lot of pages of topics to sift through. :P

Can you add a poll to your OP?

Dookie version for me obviously. there's a reason why they decided to record it again. the sounds is a lot cleaner and i prefer Billie's voice on Dookie than Kerplunk.

Dookie version, I heard it in Surf's up and fell in love :wub: a few years before I even became a fan, it sounds somewhat better performance-vise imo

Kerplunk version. It's the original and I can't stand the Dookie version because that is one of the most overplayed songs on Dookie. Kerplunk's is just raw and has tones of energy in the peformance.

The one on Dookie definately, it sounds more finished and all round better. Also that its the version I first heard and am more used to

Can you add a poll to your OP?

Just did. I didn't think to do that at first, thanks for pointing it out :)

Archived