Emily's Army new album, produced by Billie Joe, is out today

Fuzz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to a few songs on the way to work. I'm really liking the newer sound with the heavier guitars, but the vocals seem a little buried to me. But I like it so far, can't wait to give it a full listen-through.

I actually think it's much worse than Don't be a dick. They're sounding a bit more mature and diverse though :)

Is there a place that isn't iTunes where I can buy it digitally? Also how is the vocalists voice coming along? I remember it being pretty adolecent-ish and sounded, well, "unfinished" :P

Is there a place that isn't iTunes where I can buy it digitally? Also how is the vocalists voice coming along? I remember it being pretty adolecent-ish and sounded, well, "unfinished" :P

Google Play

Their voices have dropped a bit; making it easier to listen to imo.

I got mine yesterday- This album is so much more 'mature' than DBaD. It's a huge difference. I can't even listen to the two albums mixed up, they're just so different. It's amazing what 2 years can do. Not even 2 years. They've been playing half of these songs for over a year now. Part Time Bum, Avenue, The Kids Just Wanna Dance, Elephant, War, Jamie, 18 Years. Those songs have been around for a while. I love Emily's Army, and I love how I got into them right at the start, I'll be able to watch them grow like this. I love that. I'd say Lost at Seventeen is my favorite song. It's fucking great. And On the Roof. All the other songs are great too, but I've been listening to them for a year now, so I'm a little biased here.

Jamie and Elephant are a little 'unfinished'

I think it's a solid album, especially considering how young they still are. Two songs have stuck out to me especially - Avenue and Lost at 17.

They're definately lucky that they have such good connections, otherwise I think they wouldn't have come this far already.

Kerrang gave it a 3 KKK last week which os not a bad rating if I'm honest I really like the album but I have to say it annoyed me that they said for fans of Green Day I've got to he honest I like them I do but I don't think they sound like Green day at all their there own band and I think that the fact joey is in the band there getting way too popular

They should be getting popular because there fecking awesome not because all the 14 year old 'Idiot' wanna bees are like OMG OMG Billie's son in it -.- and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one whose gunna say this but meh

I like their new album BUT I think I pre fair DBAD /:

i wish my band had a famous daddy so we could become popular on all the wrong standards.

I love the album, it's great. I think it's cool that they're embracing their GD connection and not hiding from it. The music comes from the same place and you can tell, and I think that's a really cool thing.

Listened to a few songs. They never really stood out for me, I don't know, they just sound like every other generic pop punk band to me :lol:

i wish my band had a famous daddy so we could become popular on all the wrong standards.

Me to man...me to.

Jealousy doesn't look good on anyone :)

to be fair to them, They never mention Green day or Billie in anything so its not like there "using" Green day / Billie to get further :)

to be fair to them, They never mention Green day or Billie in anything so its not like there "using" Green day / Billie to get further :)

They really don't have to.

The first thing anybody mentions about them is that the drummers dad is BJ Armstrong.

Jealousy doesn't look good on anyone :)

He's kind of right though. I like Emily's Army, I bought their album and everything, they are very talented, but I have a feeling that I wouldn't have heard of them if it wasn't for their daddy. And I am very jealous because of that.

They really don't have to.

The first thing anybody mentions about them is that the drummers dad is BJ Armstrong.

yeah of corse thats how they got most fans, But what i meant was they dont Try to get the extra push by mentioning it anywhere like interviews on on stage ect :)

I expected more! I liked only War, Avenue and The Kids Just Wanna Dance

it's pretty good. some songs i love more than others but it's better than any others albums they did in my opinion. :)

I expected more! I liked only War, Avenue and The Kids Just Wanna Dance

there my favourites tooo - but i did like the other tracks too

For being young kids, the music sounds good. It's just not my taste. If I close my eyes, I hear Simple Plan, Bowling for Soup, and Yellowcard.

For being young kids, the music sounds good. It's just not my taste. If I close my eyes, I hear Simple Plan, Bowling for Soup, and Yellowcard.

3 bands that i still love to this day :D

Archived