Watch a high quality stream of Green Day at Rock am Ring right now!

jtdscape

Rob Covallo

thank you. No idea how I blanked on that. I instantly thought Butch Vig then it was all downhill from there.

Anyways, I'm hoping they finally cut all professional ties to Rob after this. He is far too close to them to know when to say something.

i was so confused why in the tweets at the bottom of the screen people were hashtagging RAR files... i'm really dumb lol

For the first 45 minutes I kept think "Are these people being sent zip files or something? Is RAR a really popular file in Germany?" Then I read Rock am Ring. RockamRing. RAR. Fuck me.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't seem drunk to me, just very very happy. But who knows, right.

Actually when he started his "Tomorrow we all have to go back to our stupid fucking jobs" speech I got a little worried and I wondered if he was drunk, too. But somehow I don't think so. As you said, he was very happy, and you could feel it (I was there in the crazy crowd, too). Oh and I do love his speeches. As someone of you said before, they are honest and maybe sometimes a bit strange, but that what makes GD-shows so great, they're unpredictable. God that night was just amazing :dance:

The stream was awesome. I finished watching it right now. Tears started pouring in from Stray Heart. Cried through Waiting and Missing You when it dawned upon me that I might never get to watch them live. Yeah, life is a bitch.

Actually when he started his "Tomorrow we all have to go back to our stupid fucking jobs" speech I got a little worried and I wondered if he was drunk, too. But somehow I don't think so. As you said, he was very happy, and you could feel it (I was there in the crazy crowd, too). Oh and I do love his speeches. As someone of you said before, they are honest and maybe sometimes a bit strange, but that what makes GD-shows so great, they're unpredictable. God that night was just amazing :dance:

not that him being under the influence ever crossed my mind while i was watching honestly, but i did the same thing as you haha. when he started that speech i was like oh god what is it now... then he talked about joy and wanting the hear everyone and i though phew, i feel you billie :lol:

This is what I have always wanted a Green Day Live DVD to be. Just put the whole concert on a disk, and don't leave songs out and mix footage from various shows together. Give me one two-and-a-half-hour show uncut. That's all I ask. Also, Waiting needs to be a staple in the setlist from now on. Just brilliant live.

Green Day sounds so good and agressive and loud like a punk band has to sound... great... really proud and in love of this band. Some of the best songs were from the trilogy like "99 Revolutions" or "Stop When The Red Lights Flash" or "Stray Heart" and "Missing You" even "Oh Love" was kick ass... I wonder if they plan someday to play more from their new stuff which I think is great

I'm watching right now as well. Currently at BOBT.
Question though, he sounds, well, drunk? Not to touch on this subject too much, but how much did he quit in rehab? The show is still amazing from where I'm seeing it though.

And do you really think that BJ or any member from GD is not drinking or using some drugs anymore? hahaha

I'm watching right now as well. Currently at BOBT.
Question though, he sounds, well, drunk? Not to touch on this subject too much, but how much did he quit in rehab? The show is still amazing from where I'm seeing it though.

Boulevard Of Broken Tears? :o

BJ in studio last month was for this results... the guitar sound really agressive and loud... Stray Heart was kick ass

Watching this now. Live music at its best. Any Green Day show is always great but there is something special about a festival.

And do you really think that BJ or any member from GD is not drinking or using some drugs anymore? hahaha

I thought the point of rehab was to get clean. I commented that Billie seemed drunk, aka his singing wasn't top notch, the way he acted seemed a bit drastic for a sober man and the yelling got a tad to frequent.

BLOWJOB? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But I have a test tomorrow, I can't watch this :(

~Do it, Nora... Do it...

... ._.

The reason why they didn't show the full show is that RAR is considered to be part of the 99 revolutions tour .... And it's understandable if the management wanted to cut it short

no.

That's a bit annoying; why show the bulk of the performance then kill off the stream?

No, this is another performance from another band.

Probably because a LIVE DVD of this tour is going to be released in the future, just like they did with the last tour.

Would make sense, seeing as they are breaking attendance records with these live shows.

If they show the entire concert, and it's online, they might be worried that there will be no point to putting out a DVD if fans can watch the same thing for free online.

Either that, or the they didn't want word getting out about the live stream and people would stay home and watch it without going to the actual show.

Only things I can think of...

And now I'm going to be honest; your point is full of shit. Green Day have to appeal to numerous audiences, whether it's old fans, new fans and everything in between. Not everyone has heard it live. You may have seen a few shows in your time and maybe the set list bores you, but there are many others who haven't heard it, so your point is pretty moot.

Come on! dont be so harsh, i see your point and i can also understand his. I personally enjoy hitchin a ride but if it wasnt included in some of their setlists it wouldnt be the end of the world...i mean theyve even kind stopped playing 21 guns and Good Riddance which has been in their setlist forever and we have all survived. I think its okay for them to add to the setlist some unexpected songs like Waiting( which was great in this concert!!) than keep on playing the same single-songs just because they feel "obliged" to do so.

This is what I have always wanted a Green Day Live DVD to be. Just put the whole concert on a disk, and don't leave songs out and mix footage from various shows together. Give me one two-and-a-half-hour show uncut. That's all I ask. Also, Waiting needs to be a staple in the setlist from now on. Just brilliant live.

Agreed, Waiting sounded better than I thought it would.

Nooooo! Where's 'She'? What in the world happened? ( ゚д゚)

Probably because a LIVE DVD of this tour is going to be released in the future, just like they did with the last tour.

Would make sense, seeing as they are breaking attendance records with these live shows.

If they show the entire concert, and it's online, they might be worried that there will be no point to putting out a DVD if fans can watch the same thing for free online.

Either that, or the they didn't want word getting out about the live stream and people would stay home and watch it without going to the actual show.

Only things I can think of...

I'm going to be brutally honest; I doubt there will be a DVD. Not every tour needs one, and yes you can say there were recording cameras at some shows this year but then again there were cameras recording at shows last tour and only two shows were recorded as well as short videos. A bunch of cameras at a huge show does not a potential DVD make.

Man i really would love if they played the trilogy front to back in their garage or something and recorded it for the fans, like foo fighters did with wasting light.

Me: I'm just gonna get on the cpu and see the movie times for this week, and then I'm off okay? That's it.

My sister: Alright I hope so.. You have 15 mins.

*I take the laptop into my room (her laptop)*

Me: *Get on GDA cause I'm stupid like that lol* Cool a concert!

. . . *45 mins later* . . . .

My sister: OMG IT'S BEEN ALMOST AN HOUR WTF ARE YOU DOING IN THERE?!?!

Me: NOTHING JUST GIMME A SECOND! *Green Day live at Rock am Ring playing in the background and my voice humming along *

My sister: I can hear you!!

Me: No you can't!!

My sister: Open the door!

Me: I know you are but what am I!?

My sister: WHAT??

Me: Yeah that's right, you just got burned!

Lol.

I've just watched up to Letterbomb and I am already blown away. I paused it cause I need to take a break as I'm getting SO nostalgic and emotional, haha.

I envy anyone who was there! Jesus.

Archived