Watch a high quality stream of Green Day at Rock am Ring right now!

jtdscape

Good God could they add Jeff in the Background vocals any more? He's louder than Billie!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw some screencaps... Did Billie cut his hair?

It looks like he did :P

Good God could they add Jeff in the Background vocals any more? He's louder than Billie!

haha i thought the same thing. i was like who is that!? i think they fixed it eventually though

Hell yeah I'm totally gonna crack open some beers and watch this right now.

Billie should cut his little obligatory speech at each show (this one during Letterbomb), they are the only thing he does that I find a little embarrassing :lol:

i'll be honest and say that i'm sick of this f-ing setlist. I GET IT, YOU LIKE PLAYING HITCHIN' A RIDE!! but we've seen and heard it 3000 times before.

plus, it's not even as fun as they used to do it

Billie should cut his little obligatory speech at each show (this one during Letterbomb), they are the only thing he does that I find a little embarrassing :lol:

Thought I was the only one who felt that way.

haha i thought the same thing. i was like who is that!? i think they fixed it eventually though

Not fast enough XD

I thought billie was losing his voice at the start & I like his speeches they are embarrassing but he has no clue what he is going to say I think - so it is funny to me. I love his hey hoes as well he has gotta get 75000 people involved but maybe this should go in the unpopular thread. I thought it was an awesome concert - they were all so happy.

Casper? booooooh, Green Day? Eeeeeh, hallo!
Stupid german lady interrupts my enjoyment...

I think with those rants he's letting out a lot of frustration, instead of drink or do something else.............

I am glad he is doing some speeches. Otherwise the whole communication with the crowd boils down to 'hey-oh's.

I understand how these rants can be embarassing, sometimes they get really strange (like joy joy joy thing) but it's all nothing compared to honesty of such things. I mean, you can feel it, he's so open to the crowd, he has no idea what he's going to say and sometimes it turns weird but it all comes directly from his heart without being fake. I'm sure he loves us all, but y'know fans - everyone wants an autograph, hug, small talk and there he is standing alone in front of 85000 crowd. How to show people that you care? Everyone says "I love you" from the stage, it almost means nothing already. And so we get these rants from the bottom of his heart.

Hell yeah I'm totally gonna crack open some beers and watch this right now.

I'm watching right now as well. Currently at BOBT.

Question though, he sounds, well, drunk? Not to touch on this subject too much, but how much did he quit in rehab? The show is still amazing from where I'm seeing it though.

He didn't seem drunk to me, just very very happy. But who knows, right.

I'm sure it was a more natural high than an induced one.

I watched some of the performance earlier, Missing You sounded great pro recorded. I wasn't that impressed by the crowd footage from London, but here they nailed it. Same for Waiting, great to see it sticking around on the setlist.

how billie doesn't blow out his voice every night is nothing short of a miracle, and he finally got rid of his middle aged lesbian hair do! rejoice!

I'm loving the show so far. Billie's vocals have really improved since rehab and he is INSANELY happy. I love seeing such an upbeat Billie joe ^.^ His speeches of joy and love are so sweet. The set list is fantastic. Nice Guys finish last, burnout, she, Missing you, SWtRLF, Basket Case, and Letterbomb <3 Not to fangirl, but this show is really kicking my ass. Great footage, great atmosphere, and the group is giving a fantastic performance.

That being said, Oh Love is their worst song live. It's not BJA, it's the others. Those backups are really tough, and I've only seen maybe one show where they pulled those off. Doesn't take away from the show, it's still fun, but I wish they could figure that one out.

I love that Billie used to write punk sounding vocals so live they sounded the same, but his newer stuff is much more polished and the melodies are, especially on 21st, really beautiful and soothing, yet live he just goes right back into his punkish singing and it's fantastic. My love for this group has been rekindled, right next to my GD erection.

geez the trilogy songs sound awesome in this gig, fuck the guy that mixed the albums

No shit. I love the trilogy, but this? Man, I'm hoping they just cut the producer who I can't remember right now.

i was so confused why in the tweets at the bottom of the screen people were hashtagging RAR files... i'm really dumb lol

No shit. I love the trilogy, but this? Man, I'm hoping they just cut the producer who I can't remember right now.

Rob Covallo

Archived