Green Day In Kerrang! (12/06/2013)

Undómiel

Green Day will be appearing this week's Kerrang! for a full blow-by-blow Emirates Stadium review.

I wonder what K! will give them... 5 K's hopefully (= outstanding). They did a really cool spread for the Manchester/Wembley shows in 2010 so I'm hoping for something like that again.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will they be on the cover do you reckon? i'll buy it either way, i only buy kerrang/rolling stone/nme if GD are in it but ye be cool if they're on the cover.

will they be on the cover do you reckon? i'll buy it either way, i only buy kerrang/rolling stone/nme if GD are in it but ye be cool if they're on the cover.

I don't think so. I think a Download feature is on the cover.

I doubt they will be on the cover they were only on it the week before the gig

Does my head in, any other bands (for example Paramore, cause K! love them XD) if they had a gig this big they'd have cover the week before the gig and then the week they got a review! Though maybe they would have if it wasn't for download xD Ah well at least we have a review and that, not complaining too much :P

I don't like the k system. Once I saw 'KKK' next to a band's name, and it was really confusing because that was the first time I read kerrang. :P

I die inside a little bit more every time I have to buy Kerrang but oh well, duty calls :lol:

if they dont get 5 stars then its automatically a failure as It literally was a Mindblowing night with a perfect setlist

I don't like the k system. Once I saw 'KKK' next to a band's name, and it was really confusing because that was the first time I read kerrang. :P

I always think the same thing when I see that. I'm like um guys...maybe you want to use stars or something... :ermm:

I haaaate buying Kerrang but hell I want this review with the no doubt incorrect song titles, half page about Kaiser Chiefs and All Time Low leaving a few lines for Green Day and the one crappy picture they will have because I need reality to sink in...it's over...I am no longer at Emirates...time for the second stage of mourning.

here's the cover

Can you scan what's inside? Or at least tell us? :lol:

Can you scan what's inside? Or at least tell us? :lol:

ehm I don't know, I only found that picture on Twitter :lol:

ehm I don't know, I only found that picture on Twitter :lol:

Oh sorry man, I thought it was you :lol:

I only realize now that you're female :happy:

On Kerrang's site there's a very small preview of the article

1470_b244x155.jpg

Lives: Green Day and All Time Low conquer Emirates Stadium, Muse conquer Etihad Stadium and A Day To Remember conquer Koko. Basically there's a lot of conquering going on from some of the best bands in the world.

I'm sure Emily will give us scans by tomorrow :D

I'll scan it tomorrow :)

Bought it to read on my lunchbreak and was quickly reminded of why I stopped buying Kerrang. It was an OK review... It's odd they missed out the Kaiser Chiefs completely!

Looks like they gave them 4 K's

4??? 4???

WHAT?!

Review (someone else can put the scans up for pictures as I don't have a scanner!):

"On the first day of what we like to think of as 'summer', the English weather has decided to play ball. As the Emirates Stadium swells with the arrival of more than 60,000 tickets holders, the sky above this most tasteful of enormodomes smiles down with golden sunshine. For Green Day, London has been spared a grey day.

Such agreeable surroundings provide a nice fit for the entirely agreeable All Time Low. Clearly new to this stadium lark, the Maryland band bounce around the stage as if it's a trampoline, while playing songs tailor-made for summer days. There is, though, a crucial distinction to be made between finding yourself performing inside a stadium and appearing as though you belong in such a setting. This is a task to which All Time Low are not yet equal, despite their best efforts.

This is not the case for Green, clearly. Despite the Californian superstars appearing to be in thrall to something resembling a mid-career crisis, with Billie Joe Armstrong fulfilling his role as a rockstar with a sojourn in rehab. And, notably, following the expulsion of three albums' worth of material that would have been better served as a single release. But for a band who appear to be victims of their own making, tonight is a time to come out fighting. This they do, during two and a half hours studded with songs of the highest quality performed with both a lightness of touch and a sense of purpose that is as powerful as can be.

The evening is strewn with diamonds of such splendour that the occasion is defined as much by its omissions as it is any of the songs performed onstage. So as space is cleared for new songs such as 99 Revolutions, Stop When The Red Lights Flash and Brutal Love, favourites such as Brain Strew, Jaded and, yes, even Wake Me Up When September Ends and Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) fail to make the cut. In one sense, this is something of a shame - after all, who wouldn't hope to hear such classic songs? - but viewed from a different angle, Green Day's capacity for discarding songs of this quality signifies a band whose sense of rebelliousness and creative integrity has yet to be quelled.

As darkness descends on the stadium, and in one of his few between-song utterances in the Emirates, Billie Joe Armstrong announced to his entirely captivated audience that his band are here to "play all night". Yet, despite this obvious and rather charming lie, the time that Green Day are onstage seems to last little longer than an instant. The reason for this? Simple: no band on Earth are more adept than Green Day at holding more than 60,000 people in the palm of their hands with such surety that each member of the audience feels like a guest and a friend, rather than a meaningless presence in a sea of expectant faces"

Archived