Green Day's Next Album

Joe Van Winkle

I'm thinking that next year or even this year they're going to make a second super hits and b-sides album. And Billie has posted stuff on twitter and instagram about remixing the trilogy guitars, so we could have an EP or something in the near future?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will sound amazing like all Green Day albums because they are one of the best bands ever and even if they made an album of electronica or something weird I would probably still love it

Norwegian death metal

As a Norwegian who likes some of the 90' death metal, I can confirm that Billie simply isn't able to produce those sounds with his body.

Also I think it's to early to speculate, I have no idea what he is gonna write about next.

Alot of songs from the trilogy kinda dealt with his addiction (LIttle Boy Named Train, Lazy Bones, etc) so I think maybe it'll be similar to the stuff on Dos.

Haha we're all a bunch of spoiled brats already thinking about the next album... when they just spit out 3 in a row in a span of 5-6 months :lol:

I know that they have one more Warner/Reprise album left in their contract before they're free, unless they stay on for another term etc. It would be cool if that last major label album was some kind of ode to Dookie/AI anniversaries and all that jazz.

I'm WAY more curious to see what comes out of this band when Warner/Reprise is done with to be honest. I see them going fully independent on Adeline but using Warner for marketing and distribution. Thats what most successful indie labels do.

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought they said the only way you leave the band is in a hearse. I don't think they'll stop making music for a looooooong time - there's no "final" album that they want to go out on.

Oh, I know they said that, but anything can happen that'll make them change their minds. I have a feeling that may be the case in coming years.

Oh, I know they said that, but anything can happen that'll make them change their minds. I have a feeling that may be the case in coming years.

I don't think that. In the RS interview Billie said he sees them sill playing at the age of 50 and 60.

You have to remember that in BIAB, he said that he "is" music, he "is" Green Day. Being in the band, writing, recording, and performing... that's his therapy, what keeps him going. That said, he would never abandon his brothers for a solo project and kill Green Day, nor would they just retire.

I think they should collaborate with bands that put a lot of guitar amp with their songs like Jack White.... that would be so frigging epic!

many fans are just scared because of what has happened to Billie Joe but...i'm sure...they'll be back with new music in few years ;)

I think they should collaborate with bands that put a lot of guitar amp with their songs like Jack White.... that would be so frigging epic!

Like Sixteen Saltines or Dead Leaves :runaround:

In addition: Foo Fighters.

We're not gonna know anything about a new album, but I expect it to be a fan favorite I don't know why. I just have this feeling the next album is gonna be good.

You have to remember that in BIAB, he said that he "is" music, he "is" Green Day. Being in the band, writing, recording, and performing... that's his therapy, what keeps him going. That said, he would never abandon his brothers for a solo project and kill Green Day, nor would they just retire.

We don't know that, though. True, we don't know if they'll ever break up either. Nothing's for certain, but I'm just casually speculating and I'm not suggesting my speculations are necessarily correct.

I don't think that. In the RS interview Billie said he sees them sill playing at the age of 50 and 60.

Yeah, but like I said, it's his words. He may stick to them, he may not. I'm just speculating.

I'm sure that wont be out for a really long time. Whatever it is i'm sure it will be great ! :D

Why can't we just enjoy the 37 ass-kicking songs we just got?

Why can't we just enjoy the 37 ass-kicking songs we just got?

Live, in concert preferably.

Live, in concert preferably.

well yes I can understand that :P otherwise I don't see why anyone should be complaining about studio material.

Haha we're all a bunch of spoiled brats already thinking about the next album... when they just spit out 3 in a row in a span of 5-6 months :lol:

I know that they have one more Warner/Reprise album left in their contract before they're free, unless they stay on for another term etc. It would be cool if that last major label album was some kind of ode to Dookie/AI anniversaries and all that jazz.

I'm WAY more curious to see what comes out of this band when Warner/Reprise is done with to be honest. I see them going fully independent on Adeline but using Warner for marketing and distribution. Thats what most successful indie labels do.

Warner owns Adeline so it's not really independent like it looks...

well yes I can understand that :P otherwise I don't see why anyone should be complaining about studio material.

I'm not complaining! Well... yes, I am. I wish they would diversify their set list for more trilogy songs. If anything extends the trilogy's time, it'll be that (plus chart presence). I'm fine with playing DRB another 100 times

ask mike on instagram why they dont play other songs haha naw

I hope for a Nimrod-ish type sound on their next album. That's the last album they made that I really really like.

he said he was thinking about a new rock opera in the kind of AI. but seriously i think the next one will be a huge success since the trilogy didn't.

look like Warning didn't have lots of success and then AI came up.

but it won't be before end of 2015-2016 in my opinion because next year is a big one for Dookie and AI.

definitely agreed. Plus I forget what interview it was, but they said that they were planning to do something special for the Dookie and AI anniversaries.

Archived