Green Day's Next Album

Joe Van Winkle

Dark songs beside light songs, serious lyrics (we all expect it I think...), a solo with Tré (total paradoxe with ''serious lyrics'' but don't mind ), and definitively, NO choir.

Choir?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should go for a more classic pop sound like Beatles or something. With song's like the forgotten, drama queen, and viva la gloria, it could really be the thing to bring them back to the top and prove that not all pop is bad! either that or something Talking Heads-ish like Arcade Fire's album

I think they should go for a more classic pop sound like Beatles or something. With song's like the forgotten, drama queen, and viva la gloria, it could really be the thing to bring them back to the top and prove that not all pop is bad! either that or something Talking Heads-ish like Arcade Fire's album

:sick:

Except two of the three examples you gave are bad. :P

Choir?

Maybe I don't use the good word (choeur in French, sorry), like in Lazy Bones, OoooooOoooOh OoOOoOoOoH , ya know ?

Maybe I don't use the good word (choeur in French, sorry), like in Lazy Bones, OoooooOoooOh OoOOoOoOoH , ya know ?

Do you mean backing vocals?

Well, if they should want to create a pop-like album I hope it contains Warning-like lyrics.

If they should like to collaborate with people, I hope they arrange something with the Foo Fighters, my two favorite bands working on one song would be amazing.

The next election is in 2016, and the US are suffering from both domestic and foreign issues, something politically with the sound of AI and Insomniac combined would be a killer album for me.

Any collaboration with the Foo Fighters would be an absolute disaster. That'd be a total of 5 guitarists all playing on the same song. There's only so many ways you can play the same chord...

Any collaboration with the Foo Fighters would be an absolute disaster. That'd be a total of 5 guitarists all playing on the same song. There's only so many ways you can play the same chord...

...and 6 guitarists if they do a tour.

I think Green Day should do something more innovative and more raw. A low production rock opera like Billie described would be amazing. They better have better and heavier guitar tones, better emotional lyrics, no b-side esque songs that should have been left on the cutting room floor like Fuck Time and SWTRLF. And no songs that sound the same either. The structure of the trilogy was all the same. I liked the long extended intros of the rock operas and the 9 minute classics.

I hope it gets the same success as dookie/ai did. I liked a lot of the trilogy but the guitar tone didn't sound as heavy as 21cb, seemed sort of flat idk? I'm not a guitarist :lol:

Just proper back to basics punchy green day, no shit like nightlife.

No collabs either.

GD should stop making music. if Billy said the only way for someone to leave GD was in a coffin then all 4 members could commit mass suicide

GD should stop making music. if Billy said the only way for someone to leave GD was in a coffin then all 4 members could commit mass suicide

Mass suicide is no laughing matter

Also, Billie*

No collaborations. At all. A rock opera could be pretty damn good, but all the comparisons with AI would get boring after a while.

Mass suicide is no laughing matter
Also, Billie*

I laughed. Obviously going to hell.

I have inside information on a new Album. Here's the track list: 1. I said a "hey oh" 2. Like a rat does cheese. 3. Suck big titties. 4. Lets go crazy. 5. Time of your days 6. Billie's fluffy hair. 7.Clown school 8. Dirty ole' Dirnt

I have inside information on a new Album. Here's the track list: 1. I said a "hey oh" 2. Like a rat does cheese. 3. Suck big titties. 4. Lets go crazy. 5. Time of your days 6. Billie's fluffy hair. 7.Clown school 8. Dirty ole' Dirnt

What about the disappearing ball and Ya know ?????? :mad: :mad:

I hope it gets the same success as dookie/ai did. I liked a lot of the trilogy but the guitar tone didn't sound as heavy as 21cb, seemed sort of flat idk? I'm not a guitarist :lol:

Just proper back to basics punchy green day, no shit like nightlife.

No collabs either.

We're never getting an AI or Dookie-level album again. Maybe a Nimrod.

And "back to basics" isn't the problem--the Trilogy is entirely that, compared to AI and 21CB. The problem is weak guitar tone (as you said) and lazy songwriting.

Basically what he^ said. Had the trilogy been combined into like a 15 song record it would be probably been album of the year again.

99 Revolutions

Let Yourself Go

Kill the DJ

Stop When the Red Lights Flash

Fuck Time

Stray Heart

Stay the Night

Drama Queen

X-Kid

Nuclear Family

Oh Love

Wow! That's Loud

The Forgotten

Brutal Love

An album called 99 Revolutions. Probably would have topped Nimrod as my 3rd favourite Green Day album. That's a pretty epic track list if you ask me. All of those songs could have been decently successful singles with the proper marketing techniques.

As for their next album.. Billie said in the RS article about his rehab that he wouldn't mind doing a shitty-sounding concept album. That would be cool, really. I'd like to get a few more angry-ass records out of Green Day before they chill out with old-manism.

In case y'all missed it, on the BBC radio interview Billie did for Foreverly, he said Green Day are doing "nothing" right now and don't have any plans. He said after Australia they're going to take a break and he's focusing on 'other things' and different projects right now. But he said it's good because when they're ready to go back into the studio, their batteries will be recharged.

I'm excited nevertheless because he's clearly in a productive creative mood, it just might not be with Green Day right now. I'm sure he's writing songs, but where and how they're distributed will be unpredictable.

Archived