Green Day's Next Album

Joe Van Winkle

Given the fact that Billie Joe was recently in rehab after the iHeart Radio incident, I'm pretty sure he has written many songs about his struggles and accomplishments. Having said that, what do you guys think their next album would sound like? What would you like it to sound like?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norwegian death metal

Have no idea. It will probably be a while until they release anything new though. I didn't like the trilogy, hopefully they will do something different.

It will sound awesome! :woot: Like all of them do.

agree :D

but I think it's a bit too early to ask this kind of question. they probably don't even think about this now themselves

It'll sound like Gangnam Style. Billie has been heavily influence by Psy's sound. :P

It'll sound like Gangnam Style. Billie has been heavily influence by Psy's sound. :P

Oh and then they would make a video with an awesome choreography that everyone would dance to around the world, I approve! :woot:

Imagine just imagine...

I've learned not to expect anything from this band.

Flamenco-Cowboy-Jazz-Death Metal-Psychedelica-Emo-Prog with Face melting Banjo solos played by Jeff Matika while wearing a pink dress and high heels while being recorded on top of a Llama in australia.

All the songs will be instrumental.

we JUST got 3 albums. like, 8 months ago. they're not even half way through their first leg of the tour. how are people already thinking about their next one? :mellow:

he said he was thinking about a new rock opera in the kind of AI. but seriously i think the next one will be a huge success since the trilogy didn't.
look like Warning didn't have lots of success and then AI came up.
but it won't be before end of 2015-2016 in my opinion because next year is a big one for Dookie and AI.

The trilogy was so fuckin awesome , i don't know why ppl don't like it , for the next album , in my opinion they will take there time , well i hope so !

we JUST got 3 albums. like, 8 months ago. they're not even half way through their first leg of the tour. how are people already thinking about their next one? :mellow:

This is exactly what I said to the 200 other threads talking about this exact subject :P

This is exactly what I said to the 200 other threads talking about this exact subject :P

great minds and all that jazz..

or annoyed minds. depends.

I wouldn't say no to another Punk Rock Opera, if there was ideas for one. That being said, if I remember correctly, Billie has already started penning new stuff but obviously, they will take their time with it due to recent complications. Expect a new album come 2016 at least.

Where they're going next is anyone's guess. I think there's a chance for just one more studio album and will call it a day. That's my guess and frankly, I wouldn't mind that.

Agreed, how are you guys even thinking about a new album? Man, no wonder it seems the group rushed the trilogy to some, the fans are insane! ;)
Still, I've never been a fan when people immediately want to know what's next when they definitely haven't had enough time to appreciate what we just got.

On the subject of the next album, I haven't a clue. I do feel strongly that it won't be released until 2015-16 at the earliest.

He said somewhere in the Rolling Stone interview about these albums, and said that the next album isn't going to be so much "Technological"

Basically, saying that they aren't too much

for the computer technology or something.. :P

I think it's indeed very soon to be talking about a new album, but it's still something people can talk about, even if we don't get anything in a bunch of years... There's always something you can say about it.

Well, it will certainly be a while. North American tour this Fall, Australia in the Spring.

Where they're going next is anyone's guess. I think there's a chance for just one more studio album and will call it a day. That's my guess and frankly, I wouldn't mind that.

I wouldn't mind either, but there's something about this that makes me very sad all the same. They should finish on an all time high, though: a wonderful, mature, commercial and critical success.

I'd like an experimental rock opera. But then I'd also like them to go indie again. Warner has twatted around with them enough.

I wouldn't mind either, but there's something about this that makes me very sad all the same. They should finish on an all time high, though: a wonderful, mature, commercial and critical success.

I'd like an experimental rock opera. But then I'd also like them to go indie again. Warner has twatted around with them enough.

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought they said the only way you leave the band is in a hearse. I don't think they'll stop making music for a looooooong time - there's no "final" album that they want to go out on.

I hope they move on to a new direction rather than produce another pop-punk album

they better go in One Direction

next year is the anniversary of 2 of their best known albums, Dookie & American Idiot. Do you think they will do the 10 year thing and make a very popular album?

Archived