Best "Continuation" Pair

HolyHandGrenade

Poll: Best Combo?  

224 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Green Day has an ample amount of songs that continue tunes, sounds, or chords from the end of one song to the start of the next. Vote for what you think is the best of these, and support your vote in the posts.

Personally, I favor Jinx/Haushinka. Nimrod is my favorite album of theirs from the '90's due partly to these two songs. I love the powerful and memorable riffs, the simple and fun lyrics (relative to the other contenders) as well as the underwhelming cumulative length. It keeps my attention without boring me by it's lack of intricacy in some respects.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holiday and BoBD hold a special place in my heart...

Definitely Are We The Waiting / St. Jimmy. My SOTW write-up fo AWTW should explain why. :lol: Also, because it completely makes sense in terms of the story of the album. ;)

i really like Chump/Longview and Last of the American Girl/Murder city because the continuation is really obvious.
but Holiday/BOBD is pretty great too. :) and didn't notice about Jinx/Haushinka before the thread thought :lol:

love the thread idea by the way ;)

i really like Chump/Longview and Last of the American Girl/Murder city because the continuation is really obvious.

but Holiday/BOBD is pretty great too. :)

love the thread idea by the way ;)

Thanks, it's been in the back of my head for a few weeks now, but I never got around to it. All this talk about Brain Stew was the catalyst :)

I also love that they open Murder City with a BANG - the beeping gets faster and louder, until BJ shouts "Desperate! But not 'opeless..."

I do wanna say though that all of these pairs are fucking awesome

this is off topic but a little bit related. did someone ever noticed that the end of Last of The American Girl and the beginning of Murder City sounds just like the end of the song London Calling by the Clash. don't know if Green Day got the idea by them :P it's actually really similar.

I voted for awtw/st. Jimmy purely for the way it transitions in the musical. It's the peak of the album, and I will write something linger once I am off mobile.

holiday/bobd by a longshot :wub:

also i've just now noticed you can click view on the poll and it tells you who voted for what, has it always been like that? haha

You can turn on/off that option.

I love these types of songs! Btw...there are more from 21CB that connect

Static Age/ 21 Guns

I love these types of songs! Btw...there are more from 21CB that connect

Static Age/ 21 Guns

=/

I suppose. It's very subtle.

I'll add it to the poll

How about the Favorite Son/Are We the Waiting transition in the Broadway version? :wub:

No contest, Brain Stew/Jaded for sure. It's just so perfect! But Are We the Waiting/St Jimmy is good too.

you forgot Give Me Novacaine/She's a Rebel, Extraordinary Girl/Letterbomb, See You Tonight/Fuck Time and also Viva La Gloria (Little Girl)/Restless Heart Syndrome but you can barely hear it on that one but Id say Brain Stew/Jaded

YAY POLL :runaround:

Chump/Longview for me.....

I really love Static Age into 21 Guns. Maybe because The Static Age is my favorite song but every pair on this list is amazing!

you forgot Give Me Novacaine/She's a Rebel, Extraordinary Girl/Letterbomb, See You Tonight/Fuck Time and also Viva La Gloria (Little Girl)/Restless Heart Syndrome but you can barely hear it on that one but Id say Brain Stew/Jaded

These too

Nova/Rebel - despite the fact that they both line up with drum beats, none of the notes actually cross over. They're unique.

EG/Letterbomb - I don't understand that one. EG fades out with a guitar, and Letterbomb starts with static.

See You Tonight/Fuck Time - once again, none of the notes cross over, despite the lack of a pause/fade out at the end

Little Girl/RHS - ends with a bang of the piano keys, fades out, starts with unique piano notes and strings. Don't hear it.

You forgot Last Ride In and whatever's before it.

Oh yeah, the waves. I'll add it.

I love Are We the Waiting/St. Jimmy, but I decided to vote for LOTAG/Murder City because while a fairly long outro for LOTAG, I think it really builds up Murder City well.

Archived