Your Favorite Album Art

The Governator

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love the dog in 1039

no GD i like London Calling, the Dark Side of the Moon, Muse covers are pretty great too!

Then you mean the Slappy cover

1. Insomniac

2. Shenanigans ; 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

3. Dookie

4. Nimrod ; Redundant, blue one

5. Minority ; Waiting, white one ; Bowling Bowling Parking Parking

6. Going to Pasalaqua

Non-GD covers:

1. In Utero by Nirvana

2. Mudhoney by Mudhoney

3. Meat Puppets II by Meat Puppets

4. Too High to Die by Meat Puppets

5. Offspring by Offsrping, 1995 version

6. Quadrophenia by The Who

I can't explain why but for some reason I love the 21st Century Breakdown artwork and it is my favorite album artwork of any band. I can't explain why, it just is.

I can't explain why but for some reason I love the 21st Century Breakdown artwork and it is my favorite album artwork of any band. I can't explain why, it just is.

Explain.

i really love the 21st century graffiti style art work! amazing! :D

Dookie cartoons are cool too! and the heart grenade of American Idiot is iconic :wub:

Dookie, American Idiot, and The Trilogy are my favorite covers, Insomniac following closely. My least favorite artwork is 21st Century Breakdown though.

My all time favorite is American Idiot. I love the others too, but AI is just awesome. The grenade-hand is probably one of the most symbolic things ever. At first you look and see a hand holding a heart. Then it turns out to be a hand grenade. Yet you see the blood dripping onto the wrist, which shows that this is a heart turned grenade. The white hand clutching the heart grenade is suffocating it. I could go on into a huge rant about all the symbolism behind all the parts of the AI album cover, but that would probably turn out to be a few page essay. In short, the AI album work is the simplest, yet has the most behind it.

Dookie, American Idiot, and The Trilogy are my favorite covers, Insomniac following closely. My least favorite artwork is 21st Century Breakdown though.

I actually love the 21st century breakdown artwork. Have you taken a look at all of the artwork for the singles? They're really cool.

American Idiot. Classic, Classic.

Non-GD would have to be SPLHCB - The Beatles

Probably Dookie, as there's so much going on and it's all in cartoon.

Love Insomniac and Shenanigans is good too, and I agree that AI is iconic. Not mad about 39/Smooth or Warning and dislike the trilogy, however.

Love drawing little heart hand grenades, X's, Dookie explosions, and Kerplunk flowers everywhere.

Aside from GD, love It Culls You by The Envy Corps, The Resistance by Muse and Californication by RHCP.

Dookie has my favorite artwork. Insomniac is a close runner up.

Dookie. it's real nostalgic to me. I remember seeing it for the first time in the fall of 1995 at my local record store. fell in love with it. seeing a monkey about to throw shit would catch any ten year old's eye.

• 1 year later...

I probably haven't met a Green Day album cover I haven't liked. :P Though if I had to choose, maybe my top five would be Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, 21CB, Demolicious. Quite a number of people talk shit about the Trilogy covers, but I actually kinda have a soft spot for them. :cool:

Make Yourself and Morning View both by Incubus have really cool album artwork

American Idiot's my favorite cause its so iconic and bold yet simple but also because it uses the lyrics so creatively and its definitely the best line to use for the album art. I also love the Kerplunk art cause it looks really cool and I love how it comes from the little story in the lyric book.

American Idiot's my favorite cause its so iconic and bold yet simple but also because it uses the lyrics so creatively and its definitely the best line to use for the album art. I also love the Kerplunk art cause it looks really cool and I love how it comes from the little story in the lyric book.

Oh yeah, Kerplunk. I also love it. I could swap it for Demolicious in my top five.

Nimrod, American Idiot, Insomniac

Hey where does that little poem in your signature or whatever its called come from?

Archived