Your Favorite Album Art

The Governator

What's your favorite Green Day album art and why? My personal favorite album art is the cover of Insomniac. I love the cover because it seems so chaotic, just like the album. It just fits the music and the mood perfectly. Remember to explain why you think you're favorite album art is great. You can put your favorite from other bands if you wish also.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dookie cover is pretty cool with all the details and stuff. and Insomniac too for the same reasons.

Dookie cover is pretty cool with all the details and stuff. and Insomniac too for the same reasons.

Yeah, Dookie is one of my favorites also.

I like the trilogy covers and Shenanigans... gotta love Shenanigans

Kerplunk cover is one of my favorites, i like the covers from 1039.... and from the trilogy too :happy:

I love Green Day's artwork. Always unique. American Idiot has really iconic and simpler artwork, which I love. But I find Dookie's artwork to be really fun and sarcastic, which I also love.

I like the trilogy covers and Shenanigans... gotta love Shenanigans

I forgot about shennanigans!

Nirvana - Incesticide - its made by kurt and i love his art

I've always loved the American Idiot album art. It's so bold and simple, yet very elegant. The street art style of 21CB is really cool too.

For non Green Day stuff, I think Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory artwork is good. Again, it's that street art/graffiti look to it. There's also Smash and Americana by The Offspring. Smash because it's a skeleton and I'm fascinated by bones, and Americana because it's super funny to me for some reason. A crippled kid on a swing with a giant, mutated bug in his lap and a tentacle reaching out of nowhere! What's not to love there? Carnavas by SIlversun Pickups is also appealing to me. It's more abstract, but it's kind of beautiful in a way.

jpg_10.jpg

offspring.jpg

1999-offspring-americana.jpg

But if you turn it around...

It's kind of disturbing:

the-offspring-americana-1998-back-cover-

1o0dk.jpg

Just a side note - if this isn't about Green Day's album artwork specifically, shouldn't it be in General Chat or Other Bands?

I really like the Kill the DJ single artwork The skulls boombox along with the font on the bottom is just reaally cool to me. Plus i like the colors.

I really like American idiot just because it's simple but yet symbolic and represents so much.

I also like nimrod just because it's awesome

Isn't there already a thread for this in Shenanigans?

I really like kerplunk art work and nimrod. Kerplunk I don't really need to explain bc u no it's bad ass. Nimrod I just like on the back of the yearbook with everyone's face blocked with a big nimrod sign.

My reasons suck.

I like Nimrod's because of the annuals. I also like Stray Hearts, it seemed so simple yet just dirty.

i love the dog in 1039

no GD i like London Calling, the Dark Side of the Moon, Muse covers are pretty great too!

I gotta go with Dookie. There's just so much going on there, that I feel like I always find something new to look at whenever I see it. But American Idiot was good too. Simple and straight to the point.

I definitely don't think I can pick just one... I'll just describe a few. :happy:

1. American Idiot (Green Day) ~ Mostly because what everyone else said. :P Simple, iconic, and straight to the point.

2. 21st Century Breakdown (Green Day) ~ I love the graffiti look. It just gives it a nice, cool effect.

3. Mylo Xyloto (Coldplay) ~ Similar to 21stCB, they also goes with a graffiti look, but it's more colorful, which represents the story of the album.

4. The Sound Of Madness (Shinedown) ~ They chose a very simple take on the cover for this album, which almost counters the style of lyrics and music. This contrast works pretty well.

5. A Thousand Suns (Linkin Park) ~ I really don't know what to say about this one. You can really only understand it if you listen to the whole album. :D

if it's green day, i'd choose Dookie, Insomniac and American Idiot.

Other band album covers i like are :

Evanescence- Anywhere But Home, Origin, Evanescence EP, The Open Door

MCR- Black Parade and Danger Days

Unsun- Clinic for Dolls

Pierce The Veil- Collide With the Sky

Blink 182- Enema of the State, Dude Ranch, Cheshire Cat, Blink 182

Sleeping with Sirens- Let's Cheers to This

and so much more.

I'm going to go with Warning. I love the fact that the band members are featured on the cover and throughout the sleeve. There's something really natural and laid back about it, yet it's also very melancholic somehow. Plus, I think the logo with the man being struck by lightening is really clever and relates well to the lyrics in the title track.

American Idiot. I don't know how many times I've drawn that Heart like a Hand-Grenade or done projects for my art class centered around it. Also, Dookie and Insomniac, they're both so detailed and show meaning to the album.

I also like Biffy Clyro's artwork. If you haven't heard of them, it's worth checking out just for the artwork at least. Their new album, "Opposites" is amazing.

I've always loved the American Idiot album art. It's so bold and simple, yet very elegant. The street art style of 21CB is really cool too.

For non Green Day stuff, I think Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory artwork is good. Again, it's that street art/graffiti look to it. There's also Smash and Americana by The Offspring. Smash because it's a skeleton and I'm fascinated by bones, and Americana because it's super funny to me for some reason. A crippled kid on a swing with a giant, mutated bug in his lap and a tentacle reaching out of nowhere! What's not to love there? Carnavas by SIlversun Pickups is also appealing to me. It's more abstract, but it's kind of beautiful in a way.

jpg_10.jpg

offspring.jpg

1999-offspring-americana.jpg

But if you turn it around...

It's kind of disturbing:

the-offspring-americana-1998-back-cover-

1o0dk.jpg

Just a side note - if this isn't about Green Day's album artwork specifically, shouldn't it be in General Chat or Other Bands?

This was actually supposed to be just Green Day. I should of cleared that up in the post. Sorry. But the post about the other bands are interesting as well.

I also like Biffy Clyro's artwork. If you haven't heard of them, it's worth checking out just for the artwork at least. Their new album, "Opposites" is amazing.

This was actually supposed to be just Green Day. I should of cleared that up in the post. Sorry. But the post about the other bands are interesting as well.

Yeah, you shoud've put that in the title then. I was wondering why it was in this section.

Archived