Updated GDA design now includes GDC comments in news stories

Fuzz

Hey, this new design is great! It would be cool too if you could add a feature to post from the GDA news page with your GDC account.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

disable the disqus system and change it with the forum system

that's fucking genius !! :fuzz:

but the footer sucks, fill it with something :)

I like the new text for the headers of the articles. They stand out much more, and are just easier to click

Digging the new design and all the GDC promotion keep em coming. Great work Andres.

If we talk about news on the "Green Day news" thread before there's a GDA article/specific thread about it, will you make that conversation it's own thread once an article comes out?

If we talk about news on the "Green Day news" thread before there's a GDA article/specific thread about it, will you make that conversation it's own thread once an article comes out?

Yep. We will be splitting out more conversations from the Random News thread into their own topics. Anything we post on the home page will have a dedicated thread here. Either from an existing conversation or a new one.

I think you should make the photo at the top a bit bigger but I really like the new design :D Two thumbs up :D

so you can't write right below the news article anymore? are you using a new font on the website?
i was a little confused, where to put my comment ;) I guess, human beings, including beings on the internet ;),

are adaptive in many ways, it only needs some time to take in the changes.

all in all, i appreciate the redone design, thank you!

First 20 comments? oh boy, now there's a reason to be "First!"

First 20 comments? oh boy, now there's a reason to be "First!"

It actually says "most recent 20 posts" so you don't have to worry about that. Even if people did do that, we'd just delete their comments.

It actually says "most recent 20 posts" so you don't have to worry about that. Even if people did do that, we'd just delete their comments.

For what I'm seeing, it just says "20 of 35 Comments" and shows the first 20, like Eric said.

For what I'm seeing, it just says "20 of 35 Comments" and shows the first 20, like Eric said.

Hmm...weird. I'm sure Andres will fix it up when he sees it.

i don't like the way comment section directs to GDC. Can't i stay on gda page and comment?

Maybe later on we can get some sort of striped green/orange/blue theme? I know it'll look too funky for people's tastes but how about that bar up there that displays the username and stuff? Like turn all the red stuff on the site to something like Green Day's YouTube banner? I think the red and black's outdated and somehow prevents us from leaving that era entirely - even if it was an amazing era. Maybe it'll help us adjust the new decade? :D Some deep insights from me once again. Lol. Just opinions. Maybe we can have a theme for when certain albums came out? Like a Dookie theme to the site whenever it's the anniversary?

So my opinion would be a change in color/some themes. And also the dropdown menus would look cooler if they actually dropped down or faded in instead of just appearing when we hover over the tabs.

i don't like the way comment section directs to GDC. Can't i stay on gda page and comment?

As Andres said, it

1) Decreases load times

2) Ties together and strengthens the two sister sites

3) Gets rid of spam/uninformed opinions (minus Ceadog)

it looks awesome! I like the idea that only gdc users can comment. Great job! :thumbsup:

As Andres said, it

1) Decreases load times

2) Ties together and strengthens the two sister sites

3) Gets rid of spam/uninformed opinions (minus Ceadog)

Filtered Green Day news and commets from forum makes the GDA topic. So it looks more interactive for the outsiders. Swell!

Gif test. :D

tre-cool-duct-tape-chair-o.gif

EDIT: Oh it only shows the first 20 comments?

Better luck next time. lol

Maybe later on we can get some sort of striped green/orange/blue theme? I know it'll look too funky for people's tastes but how about that bar up there that displays the username and stuff? Like turn all the red stuff on the site to something like Green Day's YouTube banner? I think the red and black's outdated and somehow prevents us from leaving that era entirely - even if it was an amazing era. Maybe it'll help us adjust the new decade? :D Some deep insights from me once again. Lol. Just opinions. Maybe we can have a theme for when certain albums came out? Like a Dookie theme to the site whenever it's the anniversary?

So my opinion would be a change in color/some themes. And also the dropdown menus would look cooler if they actually dropped down or faded in instead of just appearing when we hover over the tabs.

We don't stick with red and black because of the American Idiot era, we keep it because it looks best. The site wouldn't look very good if we had used pink and green or something. The only thing we really update by era is banner and logo, that's about it.

Filtered Green Day news and commets from forum makes the GDA topic. So it looks more interactive for the outsiders. Swell!

Better luck next time. lol

Most people who commented on GDA were already on GDC. It helps stop the stupid troll comments and the ridiculous one's, making the comments more on topic.

Hmm...weird. I'm sure Andres will fix it up when he sees it.

He wanted the first 20 comments because he felt it would be the most relevant to the topic and gives a good glimpse of the discussion. Recent comments may stray off the topic a little.

Hmmm It looks really neat! But I'm curious to see how it will turn out. It's a little bit weird how you can't comment directly through GDA (or at least I haven't found a way to do it)... You have to click to see the topic on GDC to add a comment right?

I like the new design a lot. I checked the site before I went to bed this morning and was like "Oh they changed the look, it's pretty,"

It looks really good and looks very clean. Great job Andres!

Archived