Updated GDA design now includes GDC comments in news stories

Fuzz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. The design looks cool and clean! Appreciate all the work Andres! :)

I am loving this update :happy: looks a lot cleaner and easy to browse now!! :)

Great Job Andres and team!! :thumbsup:
p.s.-even though the wow factor is missing :S

Does that mean only GDCers can comment on the stories?

Does that mean only GDCers can comment on the stories?

Yup.

Looks good but where's the download section?

It'll be under "Site". But as I mention in the second paragraph, only the news really works as I'm right in the middle of updating the rest of the site.

Yup.

But wouldn't that be a bad idea? Cos I have seen the comments sections and a lot of people who are not on GDC used to comment in the stories. Just a thought. That might affect the site traffic, no?

Yup.

It'll be under "Site". But as I mention in the second paragraph, only the news really works as I'm right in the middle of updating the rest of the site.

thanks if it looks good now it will look awesome when your done.

Yup.

That's an uber-cool idea to attract more traffic to the forum!! :creep:

But wouldn't that be a bad idea? Cos I have seen the comments sections and a lot of people who are not on GDC used to comment in the stories. Just a thought. That might affect the site traffic, no?

We would rather encourage people to join GDC to talk about the news. We have a full moderating team here, and people are much less likely to troll and post really fucked up things (which has been a problem using a third-party commenting system).

We would rather encourage people to join GDC to talk about the news. We have a full moderating team here, and people are much less likely to troll and post really fucked up things (which has been a problem using a third-party commenting system).

Yes I would agree to that. And of course you're working for the betterment of the website! So :thumbsup:

I like. Looks very sleek and polished. I like the particular style that you used.

Plus now any "thumbs up" I get on comments will actually be likes that contribute to my GDC account instead of being totally worthless. xP

I agree with this...That's awesome of you to think like that..Appreciate it totally!! :)

I like. Looks very sleek and polished. I like the particular style that you used.

Plus now any "thumbs up" I get on comments will actually be likes that contribute to my GDC account instead of being totally worthless. xP

The "thumps up" function was built in by Disqus. There's no more option to do that on GDA, you can only like stuff on GDC with an account.

The "thumps up" function was built in by Disqus. There's no more option to do that on GDA, you can only like stuff on GDC with an account.

I know, that's what I meant, since the comments are now exclusively through GDC, anyone on GDC who sees my comment and would normally give it a "thumbs up" through Disqus will now "like" it instead and it'll go toward my GDC rep.

So far I'm really loving the new design. It always seemed a bit weird to me that the main site and forums were so disconnected. It's great to see them function together now.

Very nice and clean, although I must agree there's some "Wow-factor" missing.
I think I just miss the 4 featured stories which used to add some more images to all the text. :P

I have to say say I love the new navigation, the font and clean style really shines there with the bold highlight color. The previous system always seemed a bit odd, when you clicked a navigation button and the lower nav just updated.

increase page-load times

I hope you mean decrease :)

Very nice and clean, although I must agree there's some "Wow-factor" missing.

I think I just miss the 4 featured stories which used to add some more images to all the text. :P

I have to say say I love the new navigation, the font and clean style really shines there with the bold highlight color. The previous system always seemed a bit odd, when you clicked a navigation button and the lower nav just updated.

I hope you mean decrease :)

Heh yeah.

I agree that right now there's a lot of text and it's missing something else. I'll definitely continue working on that as time goes on.

I cannot find "Articles" section!

It'll be under "The Site" or The Band soon (not sure which one yet)

Archived