2014 is the 10th anniversary of AI and 20th anniversary of Dookie

Scott34

well............correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't mike say in an interview a few months back, that it would be awesome to play dookie front to back someday?

Maybe that was a hint...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cigarettes and Valentines would be amazing.

I've got a feeling a lot of the ideas and riffs from cigarettes and Valentines ended up on either the network or the trilogy, with perhaps the very best bits even making AI

Billie Joe said something about doing something special in 2014 in the Rolling Stone interview.

my hope is that they making another Europen Tour next summer and they'll play AI from front to back (I really want to see it);

as a special release of course hoping for Broadway Idiot & Heart Like An Hand Grenade and maybe Cigarettes & Valentines EP (with the songs that make the cut on any records)

and for the dreamer, how cool it'll be if they release Warfield's show (at least AI's song) as a special DVD

Well maybe Billie wrote some new music when he was in rehab! He said he wanted to do another concept album!

Also, Billie acknowledges the fact that 2014 is the anniversary for those albums.

I think there's a lot to expect..

And yet we got 37 songs all released in late 2012. So it's really hard to tell if we're gonna get new music before 2015.

Cigarettes and Valentines won't happen..

But, maybe they'll release a LIVE DVD from a conecrt as a special kinda thing?
We're they play a lot of the Trilogy, AI and Dookie stuff? Would be nice if that happens!

It'd be cool if they did what Megadeth did on Rust In Peace's 20th anniversary, just tour both albums in their entirety, and we'd get to hear some songs we don't normally hear live :D

I think they have to do something! Those albums were and are both huge - for Green Day and for popular music in general.

For Dookie, it'd be great if they rereleased it with a bonus disc of songs that didn't make the cut, maybe some demos, stuff like that. There should also be a DVD of that pre-Dookie documentary we heard about last year.

And for American Idiot, how about a rerelease of that with a bunch of songs that weren't on the album, demos, etc. It'd be awesome if they also included the Cigarettes & Valentines songs too! And as for some DVDs: First the Heart Like A Hand Grenade making of, which we've been dying to see for years now. They have to release it some day! And in addition to that, Broadway Idiot, a DVD of the actual AI musical (starring St. Billie of course), and an actual American Idiot movie (non-musical).

That's asking for a lot, but even if they just do some of that I'd be happy. :)

Then in 2015 is when I think we'll get new music. I'm excited to see what direction they go next.

Hey everyone! I've kind of been totally M.I.A. for the last 3 months..... but I'm basically done with school now, so I'm back! Yay! I missed it here!

Maybe they'll do special shows where they play the albums the whole way through...I highly doubt we'll get C&V, maybe a song or two but not the whole thing. Not really fussed about if we get any DVDs, don't think it's necessary. Maybe HLAHG will be released online or something.

In a way this thread is unnecessary because it's already been discussed several times on different occasions, but then again why not have all the rumors, speculations and wishful thoughts collected in one place. There has been talk of Heart Like a Handgrenade seeing the light of day in 2014, and also a documentary covering the Dookie era. American Idiot the movie has also been rumored. Some think/wish they would release unheard material in the form of Cigarettes and Valentines or something else. I've also heard people say it's a good occasion to put out International Superhits 2 or celebrate with a big world tour, while others would like to think that 2014 will be the year Green Day has their third career peak with another monumental studio album ten years after AI. But truth be told, I think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment. I'm crossing for HLAHG, nothing more.

Deluxe boxes of classic rock albums are very common so I'd love something like that for especially AI. Imagine a box with three cd:s; the album remastered, a bonus disc with b-sides and live versions and Cigarettes & Valentines, a book and Heart Like A Hand Grenade dvd. That would probably cost a lot but it could be the best deluxe edition of anything ever :P

A horror movie, starring Gwen Stefani, where Green Day provides the entire soundtrack :lol:

A special release with only rare footage from 1994-1998 !

Rare live performances, rare footage, rare interviews ...

I hope that one day they will release a dvd like that.

Personally I assume they'll release some kind of DVD, however with that date seeming to be somewhat significant it may mean a special live performance by the band in which they play either Dookie or AI in full or both, but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part, I know for certain they will do something, I just don't know what, only time will tell

I'm hoping for a remastered brown dookie vinyl and a second shenanigans type album. They could just record a studio version of Cigarettes and Valentines (the song) and put it on that and make that the C&V album just to put people to rest about it.

21.11.2014 Is a holy number I guess..

Hey you, that's my birthday!

Biggest tour of their lives, involving every country in the world, a new DVD, and 4 new albums....a girl can dream right...

Billie said in the Rolling Stone interview that he is looking forward to 2014 as it's a big year.So there will definitely be some new releases.If we observe carefully in the last 12-13 years, they release something or the other every year.This year we had Cuatro,I personally wish they release a new album by the next year.Billie has the whole 2013 and some time from 2014 to write songs.I'm sure he must have written atleast 10-15 already.It would be good to come back on a high.Also, they may look at the few promotional/technical mistakes they may have made during the trilogy as it would be fresh in their mind, so that they can correct them.

I don't care about their commercial sucess anymore as they have already received a lot of it in their glorious carrier.I just want to see them do well, get back on their feet again(which they already are) and do something to remember and celebrate the greatest sucess of their lives.

I seem to remember both Billie and Mike, in separate interviews, mentioning something about doing Dookie celebrations next year. I think Billie mentioned something in the BBC Radio 1 interview last year and Mike said something about special shows for Dookie next year in an interview he did earlier this year (January I think?).

I'd love to have a special tour for Dookie and American Idiot, finally a release for Heart like a Hand Grenade, a live CD/DVD for the 99 Revolutions tour, and end the year with a new album as big as Dookie and AI (which is possible because Billie did talk about new music during the rehab interview). That would be epic. But at the same time I don't want them to take on too much!

Archived