2014 is the 10th anniversary of AI and 20th anniversary of Dookie

Scott34

Do you think Green Day has plans for new music in 2014? I know it would be a very quick turn around from the trilogy but they have to do something! One can dream..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH wow it's going to be a big year! :D
I hope we'll get some special releases... Including the Broadway Idiot & Heart Like A Hand Grenade! But not so sure about new music, anything can happen though, with Green Day you never know!

I hope they do. Maybe we should do something for them for the anniversary of those albums...

Definitely not. I think that they may release a new B-side compilation of other abandoned tracks from the AI era. Or that they will release Cigarettes and Valentines finally.

I have no idea but I hope they have some nice surprise for us!

i want Cigarettes & Valentines

THIS.

or... maybe "Heart Like a Handgrenade"

If the director of HLAHG is to believed than AI will have a 10th anniversary re issue with HLAHG as a dvd addition

THIS.

or... maybe "Heart Like a Handgrenade"

or both :ninja:

and maybe we'll get a live version of the 99 revolutions tour. or maybe it's too early?

Well, it's safe to say something big's gonna happen. They can't just not do anything for the anniversary of their 2 biggest albums!

Maybe release both albums as special editions. Remastered Dookie with the documentary with it. Maybe a disc with remastered demos, maybe unreleased songs that never made the cut. HLAHG with American Idiot and a bonus disc of Cigarettes and Valentines album.

Then to top off the year, a new album as epic as both of them. Years with a 4 in them seem to be lucky for them.

Also, will they eligible for the rock and roll hall of fame then?

Perhaps an anniversary tour where they play both albums back to back. In say....Oakland? Or San Francisco? :D Maybe Berkeley too.

Uptown

Fox Theatre

Filmore

Warfield

They should totally do it! :dance:

I doubt they will have new music then. That's just next year and they're busy with touring right now. They'll probably still be on tour for a good portion of 2014 also. I hope they do something special for the anniversaries, though!:D That would be so cool!

I just hope that for the anniversary we have the documentary about Dookie, that's all i want!! :dance:

they've got to do something special since it's their 2 most popular albums and 2 major anniversaries. hopefully there'll be some good special releases and possibly shows

I doubt they will have new music then. That's just next year and they're busy with touring right now. They'll probably still be on tour for a good portion of 2014 also. I hope they do something special for the anniversaries, though! :D That would be so cool!

they will maybe release a new album around late 2015 or 2016. but i'm really excited for next year. i hope we're gonna get something we didn't predict. :woot:

they will maybe release a new album around late 2015 or 2016. but i'm really excited for next year. i hope we're gonna get something we didn't predict. :woot:

Me too! :D I also hope they schedule more U.S. concerts since they haven't made up for a lot of the ones that got canceled.:(

I just hope that for the anniversary we have the documentary about Dookie, that's all i want!! :dance:

What documentary? Theres a pre Dookie doc that supposedly from the start to before they started Dookie in the works

Me too! :D I also hope they schedule more U.S. concerts since they haven't made up for a lot of the ones that got canceled. :(

yes and more canadian dates. we only got two and Canada is huge.

yes and more canadian dates. we only got two and Canada is huge.

Yeah! What the hell? =/ I noticed that! Come on, boys!

What documentary? Theres a pre Dookie doc that supposedly from the start to before they started Dookie in the works

Oh well , yeah that one, but i mean that i hope it's release on the anniversary :P

I think a re-mastered AI and Dookie would be very cool. Maybe a live DVD/Blur-Ray/CD of Dookie and AI in its entiriity. OR C&V finally being retailed w/ HLAHG. So many things they could do. I think we already know that they will play Dookie front to back live.

If you know all this stuff then what is the point?

I want something new from them and judging from the performance at iHeart... they want something new too.

Green Day could turn over a new leaf and you would go crazy for it because it would be too unpredictable.

Archived