Happy Birthday 21st Century Breakdown!

musso_kn

It's getting really late, but this has to be done.

I don't have any fancy pictures and shit, I'm just straight up telling you bitches to say happy birthday to the most underrated (yes, I said that) Green Day record.

Happy Fourth Birthday, my darling 21st! May you age gracefully for your ungrateful (:P) fans.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favorite album of Green Day! It 's so true that it's underrated. I like the story of this rock opera even if it's not American Idiot. ;)

I see Green Day for the first time during the 21st Century Breakdown tour and I bought my tickets before listening to the cd, but anyway, happy birthday 21st Century Breakdown! :D

Will never forget the insane hype I had for this album.

Amazing era for Green Day. The tour, interviews, the music, everything.

Will definitely play the album front to back later, it's been a while.

:runaround:

I still remember skipping class, going to the mall, and getting this album plus a new t-shirt and listening to it for the rest of the day. I was just amazed by the songs and I must've played it ten times that same day. While it's not my fave GD album, I still love it so much.

I even remember waking early and sitting and watching them on the Today show for their little concert series :lol:

This album definitely holds a special place in my heart. Every song on it is awesome, (Yes, even Christian's Inferno). But yeah, the world tour they did for this album was fucking phenomenal. Especially that show in Costa Rica where they played I Was There, Brat, and other deep cuts that don't get played enough.

I actually like 21st more than AI

i loved 21st since the first day it came out (aside ffom Christian's Inferno and American Eulogy)

While it took me until last year to like AI straight thru before it was only a few tracks

I owe a lot to this album and I'm grateful that I got to experience the tour. Amazing memories from that era.

Definitely my favorite Green Day album. 21 Guns, Know Your Enemy, East Jesus Nowhere, Last of the American Girls, the title track, Before the Lobotomy, Restless Heart Syndrome, and The Static Age all rank among some of my favorite songs. Not to be forgotten are the bonus tracks covering The Who and Bob Dylan. A Quick One While He's Away and Like a Rolling Stone are badass covers.

Wow, doesn't seem like four years since this came out!
I will stand by the fact this album is great and Viva La Gloria and Viva La Gloria (little girl) are some of the best Green Day songs ever. Not my favourite album by them, but I love it all the same.

I remember the day it came out so clearly! Awesome. It's my second favourite album but favourite era of Green Day!

I owe the three times I've seen Green Day live to the tour for that album, and I will never forget seeing Billie-Joe run out onstage with peroxide blonde hair to the opening chords of the title track. Just that sight of him is one of my favourite ever gig memories. I can't say it's held up well as an album I'd bother to listen to these days (too long and too many weak tracks), but it is the one that is tied to that time in my life. I had a job at a garden centre where I'd basically listen to my ipod for 8 hours a day, and used to listen to the full thing constantly.

The title track is still a masterpiece of a song, even if it goes into full on Who territory. The second Viva La Gloria, Before The Lobotomy, Last Night On Earth and Peacemaker are fantastic songs that sound nothing like anything else they've done, and The Static Age was a great live setlist staple (Jason Freese's sax solos were brilliant).

21 Guns and Christian's Inferno are absolutely abysmal though, it has to be said.

It's a fantastic album, tied with DOS for my 3rd favorite Green Day album, fuck the haters! How can you deny songs like Peacemaker, ?Viva La Gloria? or East Jesus Nowhere?

It's a fantastic album, tied with DOS for my 3rd favorite Green Day album, fuck the haters! How can you deny songs like Peacemaker, ?Viva La Gloria? or East Jesus Nowhere?

Not to mention See The Light. Should of been a single rather than Last of the American Girls IMO.

has to be my second fav album. American Eulogy is one of the greatest song off the album imo with 21st CB. maybe gonna give it a full listen later!

The 21stCB era was amazing. Sure, I may not listen to that album that often, but I do think it has a lot of great songs.

Plus, the tour was incredible. Kinda bummed they don't use the LED backdrop and some pyro anymore. It's not necessary for a good show but damn, wasn't it awesome?

Happy Birthday 21st Century Breakdown!!! :dance: Sorry I haven't listened to you in a while... but I love like I love all your big bros! :happy: Keep rockin'! :cool:

I also love this album. It has a really special place in my heart, because it was the first in which I witnessed all the craziness of the release, tour (which was also my first time seeing them) and just being on GDC enjoying every little thing that came with it, interviews, videos, pictures....
OH and the Grammys where the album was announced... I remember it so clearly! I stood up during all of it, until it was about 4 a.m. just to see GD presenting the last award... Remember that lady's voice introducing them and telling us the name of the album and release date? And how the GDC banner already had 21st Century Breakdown written on it? :lol:

Oh, my excitement was so unreal :D

Favourites from the album are 21st CBD, both Glorias, Peacemaker, American Eulogy and Horseshoes & Handgrenades.

a school friend of mine died the day this album was leaked it means soo much to me it helped me through it big time

Definitely in my top 20 of all time favorite albums.

I love Murder City and Before the Lobotomy, and American Eulogy too. They took the awesomeness of Deadbeat Holiday and translated it into American Idiot's language.

For some reason I though this read "Happy 21st Birthday Century Breakdown". I was so confused, haha.

But this album seriously changed my life for the better. Especially the tour that they brought out with this album.

2009/2010 were the best years of my life, and I can't thank Green Day enough for this album because it introduced me to the best people I've seriously ever met!

Not to mention See The Light. Should of been a single rather than Last of the American Girls IMO.

You completely have the right to your own opinion :ninja:

even though I 100% with my entire body disagree with you, unless you're being sarcastic

You completely have the right to your own opinion :ninja:

even though I 100% with my entire body disagree with you, unless you're being sarcastic

I'm actually being 100% serious. See The Light is a really good song :cool:

How is this album underrated when it sold about a million copies, and had good critical reviews?

Archived