The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

This is the best thread ever. I remember a couple days ago when people on GDC were discussing BJ's collab with the Lonely Island and I got super super excited, and I was called an immature fangirl. To be honest, sometimes I'm a bit ashamed of how much I love the band members, but I would never bash their wives/girlfriends.

I know what you mean. Up until very recently, I've always put forward the 'ew fangirls' attitude just so people will take me seriously when I say Green Day is my favourite band. First and foremost I think the music is incredible and they've introduced me to a huge range of other groups and artists, but that doesn't mean I can't get excited if there's an instagram update or something. Some of the guys (and even a few of the girls) need to learn not be so judgemental and rude.

I still giggle and get butterflies when I see a hot picture of Billie. I still get way too excited when I see or hear anything Green Day related. I fangirl hard and I admit it. But I'd never be immature enough to post anything negative about Adrienne or fans of other bands. Thats just disrespectful, rude, and so pointless lol. Those 'fan girls' have to get a life. End rant. :)

This. If anyone feels this way, please get help.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I joined GDC and a few years after I was much a bigger fangirl than I am now. :lol:

This is what I did:

~Listened to at least two album each night.
~Read and wrote fan fics. The ones I wrote was either about the band members or JOS character.
~Had at the most 5 posters in my room.
~Had 4 photos folder with at least 200+ photos in each in my computer
~Had many live concert downloaded on my computer.
~Had all the music videos on my computer. Oh wait I still has that xD
~I memorised all kinds of facts about the members and I think I had at least three different lectures about them in school.
~I daydreamed a lot about seeing and meeting them.
~Watched a lot of videos on you tube with them.

I can't come up with more :lol:

I'm not as big as a fan as I was but I still love them :wub: They are still my favourite band and I still think Billie is one damn sexy beast :eyebrows:

I've never noticed their looks. Probably because I'm so gay.

My mom thinks Mike Dirnt is sexy though, so. :ermm: Does my mom count as a fangirl?

Totally. Tre loves your mom.

My daughter Got me back into GD American Idiot era( I still have Dookie on cassette!), and I got pretty fangirly- she said "Mom, it's totally gross, you having such a big crush on him." I told her "I am the same age as him. It's totally normal. It would be gross if YOU had a crush on him."

oh- and as for anyone bashing their wives, they seriously need to grow up. I am possibly a bigger Adrienne fan than Billie...The relationship they have is part of why l love them so much.

~I memorised all kinds of facts about the members and I think I had at least three different lectures about them in school.

Oh God, I remember carefully studying each of their Wikipedia pages so I could learn all these 'important' facts about them. Then I took all these online quizzes just to make sure the facts were cemented in my brain.

I don't think I can remember half of it now! I'm not sure why I felt knowing how many sibling each of them had was a necessary part of being a fan.

Sweet thread.

When I Come Around was playing in a grocery store last week, and I felt this urge to jump around the whole isle and start singing along to it. I wanted to go up to other shoppers and be like "hey, you hear that?! That's the band that got me into music! You listen to that shit!" I mean, I didn't do it, but man I really wanted to.

As to something I actually did, this isn't that much, but in the 6th grade, Good Riddance was used in a documentary our class was watching, and I kept saying "Woah, that's Green Day...That's Green Day playing right now! Guys that's Green Day. Hey guys. Guys" Nobody listened to me.

It's just such a thrill to hear a Green Day song when you didn't chose to.

This is the best thread ever. I remember a couple days ago when people on GDC were discussing BJ's collab with the Lonely Island and I got super super excited, and I was called an immature fangirl. To be honest, sometimes I'm a bit ashamed of how much I love the band members, but I would never bash their wives/girlfriends.

This bashing fan girls thing is a new concept to me I had no idea it was frowned upon but I've been a Green Day fan since I first saw the video for Longview way back when MTV aired videos and to be honest I did not find the boys attractive at all. It wasn't until AI that I said hang on, Billie Joe is effing hot! And that's when I lost my mind. So it was the music that I fell in love with first, the rest is just a bonus. The haters can suck it. I will fangirl all I want, deal with it.

Sweet thread.

When I Come Around was playing in a grocery store last week, and I felt this urge to jump around the whole isle and start singing along to it. I wanted to go up to other shoppers and be like "hey, you hear that?! That's the band that got me into music! You listen to that shit!" I mean, I didn't do it, but man I really wanted to.

As to something I actually did, this isn't that much, but in the 6th grade, Good Riddance was used in a documentary our class was watching, and I kept saying "Woah, that's Green Day...That's Green Day playing right now! Guys that's Green Day. Hey guys. Guys" Nobody listened to me.

It's just such a thrill to hear a Green Day song when you didn't chose to.

Ooh, I know. If a song of theirs comes on the radio or a video clip gets aired on TV, I will squeal and yell at whoever I'm with to leave it on even if I'm the one with the remote or whatever :P And I'll just have this stoopid smile on my face the whole time. If I feel the need to break the tension, I'll start giving everyone around me a short history of Green Day while speaking really, really fast.

Any time Green Day is mentioned ver I just start jumping around like an idiot. I have a shit ton of little Greeb Day things around my room, mostly pictures of Billie. I call them my "Little Billies" like a cute, little midget army of Billie Joe's.

When I was about 12 or 13 I had this journal and all I wrote in it was entries about Billie Joe describing how wonderful he was and what a beautiful person he could be. Each entry was dedicated to a different body part where I would describe in explicit detail what made it special.

I can honestly say, I have never been a fangirl of any thing or any one, except for Green Day. My fangirlness, if you will, only started in May 2009, when 21st Century Breakdown was released...four years ago. I had heard many GD songs before, but one day I bought my kid a Tony Hawk game and the song Holiday kept playing...then I remembered how much I love that song. The start of my love for this band, that changed my life, my mid-life crisis. I have been questioned about my love for this band by friends and family, wondering if it was just a temporary? No, it just escalated to fangirl! Green Day every day!

When I was about 12 or 13 I had this journal and all I wrote in it was entries about Billie Joe describing how wonderful he was and what a beautiful person he could be. Each entry was dedicated to a different body part where I would describe in explicit detail what made it special.

EVERY body part?

Woah.

I'm not as bad as I was when I was 13 'omg billy joe is so hawt <3333333' but I have my moments! I get excited over cute Instagram pictures and when I hear their name being mentioned.

I've always been a mike girl at heart though :wub:

EVERY body part?

Woah.

Not his manly bits, but everything else. I was still somewhat innocent. :P

I feel as if you should share an entry or two for our enjoyment :P

I'm certain I trashed it to save my future self from embarrassment. :lol:

But people do tend to think more of girls when it comes to irrational fandom. Maybe rightfully so, because girls are more open about their emotions, generally speaking. Fanboy doesn't get thrown around a lot; it seems to only exist as the lesser male counterpart of 'fangirl'.

That's for artists and such. In videogame forums, 'fanboy' is a more than common word.

And if I finding the members attractive is being a fangirl, I must be one too.

That's for artists and such. In videogame forums, 'fanboy' is a more than common word.

And if I finding the members attractive is being a fangirl, I must be one too.

Nah, you're still a fan boy, being a dude and all :P

Oh God, I remember carefully studying each of their Wikipedia pages so I could learn all these 'important' facts about them. Then I took all these online quizzes just to make sure the facts were cemented in my brain.

I don't think I can remember half of it now! I'm not sure why I felt knowing how many sibling each of them had was a necessary part of being a fan.

I did the same :lol: Now I only remember their birthday's and full names :lol:

I honestly don't know whether I'm a fangirl or not:

- I wouldn't consider myself a fangirl just because I have a bunch of Green Day posters on my walls or because of the fact that I very often wear Green Day t-shirts. I don't do it to prove I'm a big fan, I just wear their t-shirts and have posters of them on my wall because it looks cool.

- A couple of months ago I wrote a text about Green Day (their childhood, career, albums, about their albums, about their songs) which was around 10 pages long (it was handwriten so it would probably have been less if I would have writen it on a computer). I had allready writen one two years ago, in sixth grade, and that was about three pages long.

- When I went to France two years ago I took a picture every time I saw a sign that said "trés".

- Whenever Holiday comes on when I'm playing "Tony Hawk's American Wasteland" I turn up the volume, A LOT.

I once cried bitter tears, it was on a vacation with my clique, after hearing Oh Love the first time.

I really liked it but had to take constant bashes (as always and we kinda doing it to each other when it comes to music) against green day and well.. not that I would care too much (especially when i'm sober) but I was drunk and really bitter about it that no one can understand my passion for this band.

my best friend sat next to me and just thought "WTF how can you have such a strong connection to a band!"

it was awesome too :D

what happend to my mankind :DD

I once cried bitter tears, it was on a vacation with my clique, after hearing Oh Love the first time.

I really liked it but had to take constant bashes (as always and we kinda doing it to each other when it comes to music) against green day and well.. not that I would care too much (especially when i'm sober) but I was drunk and really bitter about it that no one can understand my passion for this band.

my best friend sat next to me and just thought "WTF how can you have such a strong connection to a band!"

it was awesome too :D

what happend to my mankind :DD

I got really upset once when my dad said he thought the trilogy was awful compared to their previous stuff and that it was a money making scheme. I didn't cry but I got really emotional as I argued with him.

Most of the time, I argue quite rationally about Green Day. If I've had a crap day, however, prepare to see me get really flustered.

For a very long time I would save any programs that had even a mention of Green Day on PVR, my MP3 player is full of GD, Tubbies, Pinhead Gunpowder and Network. My husband and daughter are so sick of Green Day. When the boys came to Toronto in April my husband sat me down and said "I think we're getting a little bit too old for you to be dragging me to GD concerts, especially when you insist on being in the pit at the front! Needless to say, I went with a friend who is still just as crazy as I am, and we listened to my MP3 player and "fanwomaned" the whole trip! Really........that's the difference between doing what you like and doing what you're told!

I'm only 22 and people say stuff like, "Aren't you too old for this?" NO I WILL NEVER BE TOO OLD. It's one of my criteria for dating guys - they need to accept the obsession with no questions asked :lol:

I'd love to see us all rocking out to and fangirling over Green Day at seventy! :lol:

I'M GONNA BE JUST AS BIG OF A FAN WHEN I'M 80!

I fangirl a lot, but internally. Because nobody of my friends/relatives likes them. I know that when I'll go to my first concert I will go to the pit and I will cry like a teen and I don't mind AT ALL. I discuss everytime GD goes on a conversation, because everytime is against them, I hate it. I wear my T-shirts with pride and I want the Adeline tattoo. I love them and that's all.

I fangirl a lot, but internally. Because nobody of my friends/relatives likes them. I know that when I'll go to my first concert I will go to the pit and I will cry like a teen and I don't mind AT ALL. I discuss everytime GD goes on a conversation, because everytime is against them, I hate it. I wear my T-shirts with pride and I want the Adeline tattoo. I love them and that's all.

Internal fangirling is the best. No one can laugh at you then!

Internal fangirling is the best. No one can laugh at you then!

:D maybe. :P But sometimes I wish to have irl a friend to share it! :wub:

:D maybe. :P But sometimes I wish to have irl a friend to share it! :wub:

I have just one who understands my obsession, although we haven't hung out in ages. Ah, we had such good Green Day moments together. We used to sing Blood, Sex and Booze in public to make other people uncomfortable and to get a big laugh :D We even decided that if we ever bumped into the band members at a meet and greet or something, she'd have to be the one to stop me from having an total freakout, since I'm the bigger fan. Even though she loves Green Day, they're not her favourite.

OK question time: would you ever refer to yourself as an 'idiot'? I don't really like fan base names because I find them really corny, but what do you guys think?

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived